You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  We didn't get to the predicted 100°  yesterday, at least according to my weather station, but it showed 99.9°  so I guess it was close enough !  To all of us in the Northern Hemisphere Happy Summer Solstice, first day of Summer officially.  It looks like we will be over 100°  for the rest of the month and July will probably continue. 
Doctors at the medical clinic where I go are seeing patients in person now with precautions like wearing a mask and keeping distance and taking your temp. in effect.  I had an appointment with my dermatologist the other day and I have appointments with my primary and my cardiologist next month so I wouldn't hesitate to see my doctor if I was feeling sick.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on June 20, 2020, 08:17:32 AMSkb - I love your comments - "I saw, I was conquered, I fell."  What kind of cake did you fall victim to?  :)

A chocolate cake. I wanted to skip all of the so called "goodies" but the Mrs. would have not of it.  :-[
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

107 this partly cloudy morning.

72° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 71°/51° with showers (again) in the afternoon. Another dreary day for the first day of Summer.

Every morning, I check the MT site for current info on the Covid virus. It has a map with the counties showing # of confirmed cases. Then in the corner is a chart showing by day the number of new cases. Before we started reopening, It looked like the letter "L" now it looks like the letter "U"! very scary. My county is up to 18 cases, yesterday statewide we had 32 new cases almost as many as the highest day ever back in March. The Governor really needs to reinstate the mask rule, after he rescinded it the cases have skyrocketed. I know these numbers are small compared to many states, but we had such a good handle on it under stay at home and mandated masks, it is sad what has happened now.

I do feel better today and definitely not coughing as much, I just have to take it easy. It has been 3 days since I had a temp over 100°. Yesterday was a more coughing day but today so far not too bad. If I get worse or something scares me, I will go to the dr. Right now I seem to be holding my own. I do have an appointment with my pcp on the 29th so I'll tell him about this then.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

111 today morning.

We've also opened up gradually as the numbers have risen. A local doctor has seen an association of Covid-19 with Typhoid. He has appealed to the government to (1) Do the typhoid test before carrying out the covid test to save $$$ (2) vaccinate people with the anti-typhoid as it is cheap and will at least ensure that people remain typhoid free in the coming monsoon months. The vaccination immunizes the system for 10 years. Having heard of the typhoid-covid connection from a lot of cases, I think he makes sense. I also know that no one is going to listen to him.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

91 this morning.

Medical offices here are all over the place when it comes to visits in person. My wife tells me the number of cases increased substantially the last few days, doubtless the result of an influx of New Yorkers.

I'll be seeing my neurologist next week in person so I'll see how that office - a very busy place - is handling things.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

The temperature is 72 deg F with a humidity of 85%, just not comfortable at all.  Our A/C has been running for days now.

Our Covid19 cases are at a pretty high number of 554 just for one county in IL.  We see people without masks going into stores and grocery stores.  I don't understand not trying to protect yourself and others when possible.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  I had hamburger last night and usually can get by having a couple of french fries but I had more than a couple so a bit higher this morning. 
Most people around here are pretty good at wearing mask and keeping distance but some will never do what is best for everyone no matter what is said.  In California the Governor has made it mandatory to wear a mask in most situations but there will be some that will refuse to comply.  I'm glad to live in a small town that is doing quite well so far with 11 total cases and 9 of those recovered. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

104 this partly cloudy morning.

67° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 75°/48°.

Finally feeling noticeably better today, but will still be taking it really easy. I didn't want to go out until my pcp appointment on the 29th, but tracking is telling me my strips will arrive at the PO on Tuesday so will have to go out then. I haven't been out since the 11th so I imagine my box is stuffed.

Yeah, I just don't understand the resistance to wearing masks at all. It won't be forever, like say seat belts, so why not protect yourself and others?

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

112 today.

Whenever I have stepped out in the lockdown I have seen almost everyone wearing a mask here. Some of them might be the cheaper ones and not very effective but everyone is masked. How things have changed, and how fast.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

164 this morning.

We had a couple over for an early lunch yesterday (dining al fresco) and the husband arrived wearing a WWI era military gas mask. We ought to be happy we're not having to use that sort of thing!

Trouble is, nobody's sure if these masks are at all effective - we're not even sure it's airborne.

Times like this I can't help but think of years past medical advice which included blood letting, trepanning, surgeries without anesthesia and tinctures of *, Mercury, opium and cocaine. Diabetes was often treated with a diet of boiled string beans, black coffee and whiskey...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

I often wonder if masks are effective also.  And then I look at Japan where the wearing of masks started long before Covid 19 and I have heard, but cannot verify, that Japan's Covid cases are way smaller than those in the US.  Maybe something good comes from wearing masks.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  We had a high of 102°  yesterday and heading to 107°  today.  Pretty typical for June here.
I think it has been pretty well determined that the virus is airborne and is especially dangerous when an infected person sneezes or coughs.  It can be transmitted by touching a surface that has been contaminated and that is why washing your hands is advised.  What people don't seem to understand is that wearing a mask is not to protect you but is to lessen the transmission from someone that is infected to others.  The person working in a grocery store has no idea if someone coming into the store is infected but at least if they have a mask on the chance of transmission is a lot less.  If I go into the store and someone is not wearing a mask I don't feel too comfortable around them.  One of the difficult things about this virus is that people can be  capable of transmitting the disease one to two weeks before they have any symptoms so they have no idea that they are infected. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

125 this blue sky morning.

75° was the high yesterday, it is already 75° at about 10AM today. The forecast for today is 80°/51°.

I am beginning to feel like I am on the mend. I do still have bouts of coughing but they pass fast and are farther apart. Temp is still normal too. I am still taking it really easy and drinking gallons of water.

LOL Tamagno your friend has quite the sense of humor...a gas mask, of all things!

skb

115 today morning.

Any thoughts on how long the masks will stay with us. Definitely not forever. Will 2021 bring back the normal "normal"?
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

131 this morning.

I'll be seeing my neurologist this morning and will be interested to see how things are there. Like most doctors offices, it's virtually impossible to maintain any distance from other people.

Regardless, I'll be glad to get out on my own for awhile. As always, I've got great plans for this excursion but I doubt I'll do much more than get up there and come home once all's said and done.