You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

118 this morning.

While grocery shopping yesterday, I noticed most everyone in the store, even children, had masks of one kind or another.  I hope that continues for a while. The mask does make it harder for me to breathe but maybe the trade off is worth it by staying safer than without it.

Weather here is currently raining and predicted to be severe this afternoon/evening.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We did hit 104°  yesterday as predicted and we should be around the same today.  Last night it was really windy and with that we get a lot of dust.  My allergies are giving me fits this morning but now it is calm so it may get better.
Shopping here is about the same except that meat is more expensive but still is available.  These Summer nights are nice for grilling and we do it most of the time. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this sunny morning.

80° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 89°/57°.

Finally took my taxes to my preparer yesterday and she did it right away so I have to go out again today to pay and pick them up. I went to the larger grocery store as my tax people are next door to it. I was appalled that hardly any one was wearing a mask! Not even the clerks! The parking lot was packed and I almost didn't go in, but there are things at this store the little one I have been shopping at doesn't carry and I needed to restock.

I'm coughing more today, I expected to pay the price for the trip out and am dreading having to go to town on Monday. I'll have to be there for 1/2 the day as I have to go early to have labs taken and the pcp appointment is in the afternoon. Cases have been rising every day in MT we even surpassed the highest single day in March a couple of days ago. It is getting scary again.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

112 today.

I was expecting a lower number given that my pre dinner number was 83 and the eating was good. But, you can never tell with BG. It has a mind of its own.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

154 this morning.

I took advantage of nice weather yesterday and grilled some pork tenderloin using some hickory wood for extra flavor. Quite a bit leftover, but this will reheat a lot of different ways.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 this morning.

Weather here was stormy most of yesterday.  Towards evening the sun came out and today thus far it is sunny and cool at 73 deg F.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  High yesterday was 102°  and, at least for now, the wind is out of here but it is expected to pick up again later.  Today they are predicting 108°  and since we started out at 6:00 AM at 78°  that sounds about right. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this mostly cloudy morning.

82° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 78°/48° cooler, thank goodness.

Feeling better, but the last 2 days have worn me out. Hardly coughing at all and no temp in 10 days so that is good. Dreading having to go up to town Monday. I have to go in early for lab work but my appointment isn't until 2:30 so I have to hang out a long time. Maybe I'll go for a drive, don't want to sit in the lobby or go into any stores.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

125 today.

Added some fruit to my vodka for flavor and that didn't go down well.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

73 this morning.

SKB, I expect there are a lot of mixed drinks with plenty of sugar and adding fruit, while tasty, wouldn't help. If memory serves, "Long Island Iced Tea" is a great summer drink, potent and with little added sugars depending on the recipe.

By the way, I notice that premixed drinks are making a big comeback. While many expectedly have sugar, "Old Fashioned," "Pina Colada," etc., many others "Manhattans, etc." do not.

I find these somewhat tempting in my less realistic moments...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

We grilled out yesterday with our old charcoal grill.  It really made chicken breasts and petite No Name steaks tasty.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We hit 107°  for a high yesterday and that is supposed to be the highest for a few days with a high of 98°  predicted for today although we were at 86°  at 5:30 AM so not sure how that will work out. 
Since most of our cooking is done outside my BIL decided we needed another outdoor grill.  This is a "flat top grill" that used propane and is like the grill used in restaurants.  It is really fun to cook on and makes really good hamburgers.  The brand of this one is Blackstone and they have them at Walmart.  This one is 36 inches wide and has two Air Fryers built in it.  I'm watching a lot of youtube videos to get some ideas on using it. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

107 this partly cloudy morning.

78° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 64°/48° with pretty strong chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. Just going to make my jungle grow some more.

Feeling better each day but energy level is still very low.

Tamagno

235 this morning.

Cool addition to your outdoor kitchen, Wally. Lots you can do with that griddle, including smash burgers and caramelized onion, etc. I expect you'll have fun.

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Weather is 75 deg F with 95% humidity.  Really a muggy day.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021