You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Our high yesterday ended up at 92° with quite a bit of wind.  Much cooler this morning at 61°  at 5:30 AM compared to 86°  yesterday at the same time.  We are supposed to reach 89°  today and then warming up a bit for the rest of the week but not over 100°  until Saturday.
Yeah Tamagno, I have already tried the smash burgers and grilled onions which both came out really good.   I also cooked 1 1/2 pounds of bacon and you can put it all on the grill at the same time and all of the grease goes down to a container that I put an aluminum liner in so it is easy to dispose it.  A plus is no mess in the kitchen !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is 'smash burgers'?

Also, how do you cook bacon on the grill without starting a fire?  I ask because the one and only time we tried it, the bacon grease caught fire and we had to douse it with the nearby garden hose - thus ruining our charcoal and any further cooking that day.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

109 this rainy morning.

Rained all afternoon yesterday and most of the night and has been steadily raining all day today. high yesterday was 64°. Forecast for today is 55°/48°

Decided to come home between labs and pcp appt. didn't want to hang around town most of the day. Hospital was interesting, waiting room had removed many chairs leaving the rest appropriately spaced with a green card on the seat saying the chair had been wiped down. The flip side was red and you had to put that side up when you left so it would be wiped down again. Everyone had masks on, they took my temp at the entrance and put a band on my wrist with the date on it. I was impressed.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

118 today morning.

I had a meeting some days ago at my architect's office. As soon as I entered I was given sanitizer to clean my hands after which my temperature was taken and oxygen levels measured.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

141 this morning.

Wally, I'll let you handle the grill questions, but at this point it sure sounds like you've got a sweet set up. I wonder with the Traeger if you can set that for very slow cooking times to make real barbecue; if so, then you've got all you could want. Reminds me that next time I grill, I want to do some vegetables as well.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

101 this morning.

Not much exciting going on here.  Temperatures are hot and humid - much like a sauna outside most of this week.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  Our high yesterday was 87° and now we are going to warm up with a predicted high of 96°  today and should be around that for the rest of the week. 
Yeah Tamagno, the Traeger is great for slow cooking and that is really what it is best at.  There are a lot of electronics involved and it maintains the temperature you have it set at very well.  It has a fan to circulate the air and it feeds the pellets as needed, all computer controlled.  It's also connected to the home wifi so you can monitor it from your phone.  What a world we live in !  Oh, vegetables come out really good in it also.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this rainy morning.

It rained all day yesterday and evening too. Looks like more of the same today. Forecast for today is 62°/44° with rain through the afternoon.

Results from lab were weird, they didn't have an order and didn't process the draw before I saw the dr. They showed up on the Portal after I got home. A1c is still at 5.7% which is pleasantly surprising as I have loosened up a bit on the lc/hf. The dr wrote a note instead of the normal results I get so it was very abreviated. Maybe the full results will post later. Anyway what I got was the A1c; AST still elevated but LFTs (?) unchanged; LDL 107; TSH 4.9. And since they hadn't run my sample yet so he added the COVID Antibody test too. It was negative! He said my symptoms, coughing and fever, were probably from inflamed lungs due to the vitamin I inhaled. Glad it wasn't the virus but even so, the coughing really took a toll on me.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Glad your test results were mostly positive Barbara.  Also glad your antibody tests was negative.  I once had a friend who tried taking 12 pills at a time and almost choked to death.  Her throat was very sore for days afterward.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Thanks Kathy, I only do 2 vitamins at a time but with some of the tiny ones, I may do 3-4. I actually inhaled one, maybe 2 into my lungs which brought on all the coughing and related inflammation of my lungs. It was miserable and scary. But glad it wasn't the virus.

skb

116 today morning. Still reeling from the after effects of that pizza party. Surely the liver is taking its own time emptying out the reserves. I'm eating very well the past few days.

Officially we're in monsoon season but it hasn't rained much.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

Don't know my FBG this morning - I get wildly varying numbers between different meters and my CGM - it could be 161 or it could be 284 - figure I'll wait awhile and start over.

Wally, I have a friend with a Traeger who unwisely put its cover on while it was still hot thereby melting the cover to the grill. Seems to have pretty well trashed it; he says everything now tastes and smells of plastic. Kind of a strange way to ruin a good grill...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

123 this morning.  I had a rebound high after a low of 59.  It seems to take forever to come back from a too high number.

Tamagno - I had a bunch of test strips that were expired and I had not noticed it.  They gave wildly strange numbers from one test to the next.  Perhaps your strips might be close to expiration.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  Sunny and getting warmer and the wind is supposed to pick up today but our temps are pretty nice for this time of year right now.
Tamagno, that is really a shame.  I suppose it might help to let it get as hot as it can for a while to maybe get rid of the plastic odor.  It might work, at least worth a try.  Our Traeger is under a patio covering but we put a cover on it when the weather looks like rain to protect the electronics but most of the time it is uncovered. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

104 this partly cloudy morning.

60° was the high yesterday, it rained again all day. Today's forecast is 64°/42° at least there is only a 20% chance of rain.

Have any of you folks had the Shingles vaccine? My pcp is pressuring me to get it and a flu shot this year. I haven't gotten a flu shot in over 20 years and have never had the flu.