You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

102 today morning.

Heavy rains continue here for the 3rd day in a row. Temperatures have toned down because of that but it will also give a rise to low level infections most of which share their symptoms with Covid.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

163 this morning.

Yesterday I did, in fact, grill that being a traditional American thing on July 4th and managed to do some chicken thighs which were described as "best she's ever had" by my wife (an unabashed critic) which I was glad to hear.

Temperatures rising today and just touching 90 with a high dew point. That'll feel hot by most any standard excepting, of course, India most anytime or, say, Palm Beach in August...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

134 this morning.

skb - Thank you for teaching about Mumbai's weather.  I had no idea the Monsoon season lasted so long.  If you grew vegetables or flowers in your garden, this season would be beneficial?

For the first time ever, in my lifetime, today the weather channel is issuing a 'unhealthy air quality' forecast. The humidity plus the rising heat make air quality outside very bad.  We need to mow our grass but I am hoping hubby will wait a few days.

Barbara - Do you suppose 'Kitty' travels in search of female companionship (if he is male)?  Hope he returns pretty quick.   
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We hit 102°  yesterday and expect to get to 106°  today.  Humidity is low as is normal, around 12% so that helps.  Still, not comfortable to be outside for too long in the afternoon.
Going to try a pork loin on the Traeger today.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Our temperature today is forecast to be 95 deg F with the humidity of 52% at present.   ???
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

102 this blue sky morning.

78° was yesterday's high, today's forecast is 89°/48°.

I didn't grill yesterday but I had grilled eel for dinner with cauliflower rice. It was quite tasty. I used to love it on sushi back in the days I ate sushi. The smaller grocery in town gets some really interesting items sometimes.

I suppose that could be possible Kathy. I hadn't considered that point. He was here constantly from mid Feb to Memorial day when the lawn people were here. Then gone for 2 weeks. Then here every day till the 3rd. If he is still gone tomorrow I am going to call the lawn people and get mowed.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

100 today morning.

There seems to be some respite from the rains today. But I don't think that I'll be going out.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

74 this morning.

Wally, pork loin seems a perfect choice for the Traeger. I'll be curious to hear how you've prepared it (rub, marinade, etc.) and how it turns out. I've always been curious to try a pork shoulder or butt, except that they're so dauntingly big.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

89 this morning.

Overslept this morning and I'm so very tired after company left yesterday.  I miss them already.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Our high yesterday ended up at 104°  and should be around that today with the wind picking up later in the day.

Well, didn't end up doing the pork loin but did baby back ribs instead.  About 6 hours at 225°  on the Traeger and they really were "fall off the bone" good.  Used a rub instead of any sauce and they were quite good.
The pork loin is in a vacuum sealed bag and is seasoned with a garlic and herb marinade so it will be interesting to see how it comes out.  That will be for another day.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this sunny morning.

79° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/51°.

Kitty returned today! I called at his morning feeding time and there he was. I do think he is not well as he only ate the wet food and left most of the dry. He usually cleans the bowl but for a few kibbles. The lawn mowing will continue to wait. I was happy to see him, no clue where he was off to.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on July 06, 2020, 01:37:08 PM106 this sunny morning.

79° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/51°.

Kitty returned today! I called at his morning feeding time and there he was. I do think he is not well as he only ate the wet food and left most of the dry. He usually cleans the bowl but for a few kibbles. The lawn mowing will continue to wait. I was happy to see him, no clue where he was off to.

Glad to hear your feline buddy has returned.  If you think he is not feeling well, I might be tempted to catch him with a "live trap" and take him to the vet for evaluation.  Surely they know how to handle a feral cat with kindness.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

I'll give him a day or two, it is possible he has another "home" he visits and just was not hungry yet. If he doesn't seem better I'll talk to the vet. Kitty has never let me get near enough to him to even pet him and he hisses at me even while I am feeding him. I fear that if I was the one to trap him he might never come back once released. I'll see how he does in the next few days.

skb

89 today morning.

I know that my glycogen reserves have dried out when the evening and morning numbers get closer. After the pizza party and cake it has taken me almost 10 days to get back.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

114 this morning.

BigSkyGal, years ago when I was a kid at school in Manhattan, I "rescued" a feral cat from the streets. She was, like your Kitty, ferocious and carried on hissing and scratching at any human approach. I finally decided to grab her, hung on despite her carrying on until I guess I finally just wore her out. Not something I'd recommend, but it worked and she finally became a far more reasonable (if there is such a thing) cat.

Wally, it must be great fun cooking like that. The Traeger would make it so much easier to maintain temperature, coals and smoke over a long period. Gosh, those ribs along with a batch of cole slaw must be terrific.