You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  We got to 104° yesterday and it will probably be the same today.  It looks like this will be the trend for July this year and it could be a lot worse.  August and September are usually the hottest.
If Tamagno was able to check in he would so it must be something wrong.  When I was in the hospital I wasn't able to check in for a few days so it may be that.  Not sure how you would contact him right now.  I have left instructions for my brother to notify the forum if I am unable to do so just to inform everyone.  I'm hoping it is just the fact that he is not able to access the forum right now.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning.

81° was yesterday's high, today's forecast is 84°/51°.

As much as I want to try to contact Tamagno, I think Wally is right, if he could check in he would. I don't want to think the worst, maybe he is in hospital and just can't check in. He had that really bad day a couple of days before his last check in maybe that was the start of something?

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

I reckon we can send positive vibes and lots of blessings for Tamagno too.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on July 17, 2020, 02:49:46 PMI reckon we can send positive vibes and lots of blessings for Tamagno too.
I've been praying for him several times a day since he went mia.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

130 today.

While watching a TV show last night I nibbled upon some sweet tamarind, just a few and look where I am.

Tamagno is always in our prayers. During the day I think often about him and hope that he is recovering from whatever is keeping him away.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

Quote from: skb on July 17, 2020, 10:50:18 PM130 today.

While watching a TV show last night I nibbled upon some sweet tamarind, just a few and look where I am.

Tamagno is always in our prayers. During the day I think often about him and hope that he is recovering from whatever is keeping him away.

I looked on Google for an image of tamarind and it resembles a legume here in the U.S. called a peanut.  It is delicious, but not very kind to blood sugar readings.  I find it spikes my numbers even when I administer proper amount of insulin.

Your thoughts about Tamagno are felt throughout our group.  I miss his contributions so very much.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

200 or so this morning.

A rough week. Woke up last Friday or Saturday middle-of the night and finally figured out I was on the floor. Got myself onto my bed where I lay a couple of hours until I finally used Alexa to call my wife. A few hours, an ambulance ride and some tests revealed I'd broken my hip up at the top where the joint is. They replaced the right side of my hip and I hung around the hospital until late yesterday when I got home.

The pain remains pretty fierce, but I'm slowly improving and I'm hoping to get back to mostly normal before long.

Of course, I need to replace CGM sensor, insulin pump insert and figure out the numerous places around the house where, despite good intentions, my wife bolloxed up various computer connections. (Golly, just going through junk e-mail is a project.)

Anyway, I missed you all and am grateful for your prayers and good wishes and came here first to make sure you all knew I was still breathing, if not completely all there mentally. Looking forward to hearing all the news!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Thank God that you are safe and sound John. There must be unbearable pain right now but with time that will surely go away. How did you fall off the bed? Was it a hypo? Or something else.

Well, it's great to have you back. You can take some time off and answer all these silly questions later at ease.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

I am SO happy to hear from you Tamagno.  You've had a tough week.  It made my day to know you are home and trying to get your life back to whatever is now normal for you.

111 this morning.

Our heat index today is supposed to be 112 so I won't be going outside only to get the mail.  Stay safe everyone.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

74 this morning.  We had a high of 103° yesterday and heading to about 108° today and the next three days then cooling just a bit.
Glad to hear from you Tamagno, I kind of thought something like that had happened.  Sorry about your hip, been there, done that.  When I broke my hip a couple of years ago I had a rod and screw used to put it back together.  I was in the hospital for only about three days and then sent to a Skilled Nursing Facility for rehab.  I was there two weeks for rehab and that was a lot of work then it took a while back home using a walker and then a cane to get back to normal but it healed and I was able to do fine after a while.  Rehab isn't exactly fun but time does heal.  Hope you get along well.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

113 this sunny morning.

SO glad to hear from you Tamagno!! Sorry you are having to go through so much pain, but time will bring healing. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

75° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/51°. My yard is a jungle but I am going to wait a bit longer though, I just don't want to scare Kitty away...

skb

116 today morning.

@tamagno, hope you are feeling a lot better today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

174 this morning.

Many thanks for all your kind wishes and telling about your own broken hips. I tend to think of broken hips as one of those rites of passage - another reminder I ain't 16 any more.

Kathy, I suspect the fall coincided with a bad hypo - I recall that cold, shaky feeling, but I'm not certain that was the cause.

Installing a new insertion set and CGM is a bit of a chore while sitting in a position that's required for my hip, but it's manageable. Hopefully, I'll heal quickly and those sorts of chores done more easily.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

143 this morning and I have no clue where that came from. :(

Tamagno - If it was the hypo that caused or contributed to the fall, that is most unfortunate.  It might be time to mention switching to the G6 as that sensor is easier to insert and can stay 10 days instead of 7.  Actually I have restarted the G6 and I'm going on day 16 now.  Plus the G6 supposedly is a louder alert on it.  At any rate, I wish you well and less pain very soon.

Those of you who are Type 2, do you ever find that some days your blood sugars are much easier to control than others?  Like - you can eat something one day and have good numbers, but eat a similar thing the next day and you will spike?  Or is this a problem for Type 1 people?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on July 19, 2020, 09:53:14 AMThose of you who are Type 2, do you ever find that some days your blood sugars are much easier to control than others?  Like - you can eat something one day and have good numbers, but eat a similar thing the next day and you will spike?  Or is this a problem for Type 1 people?

Of course. With Diabetes one can never be really certain about anything. However, these kind of things are rare and one-off not really a regular thing. One thing I have learnt is, that when I'm eating good and staying close to ketosis if not certainly in it, and I am certain that my hepatic glycogen reserves are running low (you can see that from your numbers over a few days, especially the FBG) then things are quite predictable.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club