You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Essential Amino Acids help against Dementia

Started by skb, November 10, 2021, 10:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

QuoteProtein intake is known to be vital for maintaining brain function in older individuals. Now, using a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease, researchers have shown that the intake of a specific set of amino acids can inhibit the death of brain cells, protect the connections between them, and reduce inflammation, preserving brain function. Their research suggests that this amino acid combination called Amino LP7 can hinder the development of dementia, including Alzheimer's disease.​

Article
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Coming from a family, on my father's side, of alzheimer's, early onset alzheimer's and what they called dementia years ago, I am so aware of protein consumption. That is part of the reason I keep the high protein  Boost on hand just to be sure when I feel I am not getting enough, I have that to fall back on in a pinch.

My dad, his older sister, a cousin (I know for sure of, maybe more) all fell ill to it and it terrifies me that it is in me too. I have diabetes, had cancer and a fear of alzheimer's haunts me to no end. All I can do is try to stay up on what are the best preventative options...ain't life grand???

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%  A1c 6/12  5.7%  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16
12/16 5.1%  6/18 5.3%  6/19 5.7%  6/20 5.7%  7/21 5.2%  8/22 5.5%  7/23 6% 7/24 6.8%
Off meds 3/2015  Back on meds 7/2024 w/better diet 

walkerwally1

I am a meat eater and low protein is not a problem for me.  On the other hand my doctor wants me to limit protein because of kidney function so it seems to be a darned if you do and darned if you don't kind of thing.  There are no cases of Alzheimer's that I know of in my family so I am not too worried about it.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"