You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG

Started by skb, December 31, 2021, 10:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

102 this morning. Our high yesterday was 96° again and it is supposed to be 99° today. We are going to be around that for the next few days. I am hoping that it will be getting more Fall like before long. Come on weather, October in almost here!

I am curious how you like the diabetic shoes and if they are that much different than regular shoes. I don't really know what they are supposed to do. I don't have a problem with edema in my legs or feet and I don't have foot pain so probably not necessary but then if covered by Medicare it may be worth talking to my podiatrist the next time I see him.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 23, 2024, 10:49:33 AMI am curious how you like the diabetic shoes and if they are that much different than regular shoes. I don't really know what they are supposed to do. I don't have a problem with edema in my legs or feet and I don't have foot pain so probably not necessary but then if covered by Medicare it may be worth talking to my podiatrist the next time I see him.

Yeah, I'm not so sure what is different, other than it is built exactly to your own foot contours so there won't be spots you have to "get used to/break in". I do have problems with swelling in one leg/foot so maybe they will help with that. I can never find full shoes that fit both feet which is why for so long I have worn clog type shoes.

I also am going to talk to him re compression socks for the swelling in my leg and all the veins that show. I am really liking the diabetic socks I got on Amazon. They have ever so slight compression and no elastic at the top. They can be folded over or worn ankle length. I have never been a sock wearer either as the elastic always was too tight around my right ankle/shin whatever length they may be.

Guess it is just time to take care of my feet too!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.