You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG

Started by skb, December 31, 2021, 10:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

109 this morning.

62° was the high yesterday.  Today's forecast is 65°/29° partly cloudy. It was already 58° when I went out to feed the kitties this morning. I wasn't expecting that!!

Busy day yesterday and I was exhausted by the time I got home. I think I made a good connection with the gal with the Crystal store so hopefully I can off load some of my inventory.

My bug bite on my arm is still swollen and red but somewhat better. skb's suggestion of large doses of VitC seems to be helping. The Witch Hazel is keeping the itching down so it is bearable. No idea what bit me...

ETA: Hope you get some answers about your hand! My hand surgeon had a poster on his wall that had hand molds of many famous people from artists, athletes, musicians and famous people. It was fascinating to see just the hands and realize part of why they were so good at their various occupations. I wish I had asked him where he got it!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 02, 2024, 11:06:39 AMskb's suggestion of large doses of VitC seems to be helping.
So, I must tell you where this is coming from from. There are 2 doctors who are advocates of regular high dose Vit C as humans do not on make their own. These are Dr. Pauling and Dr. Rath. Back in the day while I was researching the subject, I found an article by another doctor (forgot his name) who used to take high dose Vit C by IV and was monitoring his blood sample every few hours to check the levels and absorption. One day he got bit by a spider on his thigh and developed a swelling just like yours. He was amazed to see that for the next 5 days, all of his injected Vit C just disappeared without a trace till the venom from the spider was fully gone from his system.
I am a big believer in the benefits of Vit C and make my own liposomal concoction. But I take only about 1 gm every day. Pauling used to take 18 gms. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

It is really funny because I was aware of Dr. Pauling's studies years ago but at first wasn't making a connection with the bite. I was going through in my mind what might take the swelling down and that one night, when I went to bed, all of a sudden it hit me VitC!!

I do take the Liposomal Vit C (Wally mentioned it a long time ago and I started using it then). I have only been taking 1/2 the recommended dose on the bottle which is 1450mg/day or 2 capsules. So I have upped my dose from one capsule/day to 4/day and I do see improvement.

Do you think I am taking enough? The angry red is just about gone and the swelling is much less, but still very obvious. I look at the bottle and there is a warning about not exceeding the recommended dose, but I know those are mostly to cover their * in case of problem.

A lifetime ago I worked in a health food store and really knew a lot about vitamins/minerals and the healing they can help. But my brain has long ago deleted most of that info for more current stuff to have a place!  ~ cat ~

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 02, 2024, 11:53:54 PMDo you think I am taking enough?
4 capsules would mean 2900 mg/day from what you say. If I assume 90% delivery that would mean you are getting about 2600mg. Looks fine to me. Though I'm not sure of the efficacy of the product in capsule form. Since these sachets and capsules are not available here, I make my own liposomal Vitamin C. It is in fluid form, more like an eggnog thickness.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH