You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Is T2 progressive

Started by skb, May 14, 2016, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Is type 2 diabetes progressive ? A tough question to answer, no doubt. We've added a new article on the subject to our website

https://www.diabetesforum.online/index.php?page=15

That's what our collective wisdom says, but if you have something to add, or another view, let's hear it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

~nta~

Just wanted to have a look at this icon.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Timewise

My hypothesis since I started with LCHF is that type 2 is not progressive when BS is controlled!  If one has 100% control of their BS's staying below the 140-120 goals we all have, then the disease cannot progress, because progression relies on tissue damage occurring do to blood sugars being higher than normal.  Of course the big question is, how sure are we that the 140-120 goals are limits that prevent all further tissue damage throughout the body.   I like our odds!   

Like voting in the USA this year, you only have two choices and one is for sure going to make things worse.....no names mentioned!

BobIA41

I agree with Timewise!  Most doctors say that diabetes is progressive, and I know that for many people it is progressive because of the attitudes of the doctors and the words the doctors use - all negative and never positive.  Yet occasionally a rare doctor says that be careful management it does not need to be progressive and they will give tips to help you.  Some even give out website addresses to aid us (rare but true). 

Bob

skb

Couldn't agree more. A relieved organ should not be progressively damaged. If we continue to rely on drugs to bring down our numbers & eat in a way to raise our BG again, the roller coaster is what causes progression in the damage.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

I have no experience in the matter, but what you say makes logical sense.
Diabetic ?

RCG

Yes, it definitely is progressive, if neglected or poorly treated.

Kelly

I don't have anything to add, but from what I've been reading, we are getting the wrong info from our drs and we can control this disease by changing our way of eating. It isn't easy, but I am working on it!!

Shanny

Yeppers, young lady! You hit the nail square on the head!  ~hug~

RCG

Oops!

I already commented above.

Shanny

We don't mind, Richard!  ;D

rocky

good article. imthankful to u guys for spreading so much wisdom. otherwise we all would hv been running from pillar to post. a big
~tku~
My life is based on a true story.