You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

New islet transplant procedure

Started by Tamagno, May 20, 2016, 07:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

I received this link from a physician in a position to be taken quite seriously.

Copy and paste in your browser:

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/islexa-fires-up-to-develop-cell-therapy-for-type-i-diabetes

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Islets are organoids found in the pancreas. Insulin-producing beta cells make up around 70% of the content of an islet. The remaining 30% is largely made up of alpha and beta cells, which, respectively, produce the peptide hormones glucagon and somatostatin. Both of the hormones are involved in the feedback system that regulates blood sugar levels.

Islexa thinks it can replicate this composition. "What's really excited us is that not only do these things looks like islets and have the full mix of cells that islets have, but the tests that we've had show they do biphasic insulin production

That is promising. It's a replication of the entire pancreatic process, not only the beta-cells.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

Yes, SKB!

Got this from my "Big Pharma" friend who received from his very-well known company.

I'm going to keep track to see if I can participate in trials.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost