You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Type 2 diabetes increased by almost 20% in a decade in USA

Started by skb, August 20, 2024, 11:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

QuoteType 2 diabetes increased by almost 20% between 2012 and 2022, according to a new study from the University of Georgia.

The researchers found an increase in diabetes among all sociodemographic groups. But non-Hispanic Black people were particularly hard hit by the disease, with just under 16% of Black study participants reporting being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.

Read More ...
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

Yeah I believe that life style was responsible for my diabetes.  I was at 235 pounds when diagnosed and I am only 5 foot seven inches tall so not good. I had started to lose weight before my diagnosis and got down to 180 pounds but it was too late to help. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Yep, guilty on the lifestyle part here too, plus some heredity too as Mom had adult onset Diabetes too. I was overweight around 185# at 5'5.5" at the time (shrunk to 5"4" now). It did catch me by surprise and after dx did my research. I found forums read books and in just a few months had lost around 50# mostly because of drastically changing my diet.

It is amazing how we don't know that what we are consuming and not doing exercise-wise can really hurt us, until it does...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

If you are not eating well, as we all were, exercise can do little to help or stop anything. I don't completely believe the heredity thing. One of the foremost experts in the field said that families living under the same roof tend to have similar lifestyles and consume the same food and that is why the recurrence. Every cell in the body is programmed to live its life to the longest in the best possible manner.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH