You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Exercise / Workout thread

Started by skb, March 09, 2016, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

Today I walked for 75 minutes. Very happy that I could do it after so many days.  ;D
Diabetic ?

rocky

;D
so i went to the gym last evening. abt 20 min of lecture, some treadmill walking at a fast pace, some other free exercise 10-20 counts. i must confess i couldnt do them all comfortably. but im determined to not give up. the guy said we will take it up slowly. he's pretty good. and im v happy.
My life is based on a true story.

rocky

they hv increased the speed of the treadmill and also make me do some climbing uphill with the machine. did about 5 minutes on the elliptical also. no weights yet, but lots of free exercise n my counts are also going up.

Sweety

Good for you rocky. Slow and steady wins the race. I have been only able to walk once in the past five days. But I intend to take it up once more. That makes me feel very nice.
Diabetic ?

starsign

And I did more of yoga and less of the treadmill. Felt good.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

rocky

now theyve started me on light weights. 5 lbs to begin with, but even that has got me sore. but im enjoyin it  ;D

rocky

hi,
been working quite seriously at the gym. old sores hv gone, new ones hb started. the instructor wont take no for an answer. but im feeling really good.  ;D

Rhiannon

That's great you are enjoying your work-outs at the gym Rocky :)

It has heated up here.  On Saturday, I filled up two boxes with stuff to be moved to my new home, plus a small bookshelf that fit into the back of my car.  That part wasn't bad because it was still relatively cool at that time.  But then when I reached my destination and unloaded it, then carted both boxes and the bookshelf upstairs, I was literally dripping in sweat.  Yuck!  Lay down on the cool floor to ease my back and cool off!  That was my exercise for Saturday.   :D

rocky

fair enough rhiannon. that's a lot of exercise. im doing things a little over what i thought impossible just a week back n all thanx to u guys. really. and my pants r all very loose for me now. how happy could i be.  ;D

rocky

missed a day at the gym, did double shifts, so i just wasnt up to it. but i start tonight. i really enjoy the workout drills the sarge puts me through.  ;)

rocky

the sarge is really a badass. but im lovin what he is doing to me. the old ship is creaking at the joints but this overhaul was long required.

skb

Looks like the Sarge knows what he is doing.  ;)
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

After a long break I went on to the treadmill today. Phew, wonder why I stopped. I've to start all over again. Good job Rocky. Keep it up.  ;D
Partner of a Diabetic T2

rocky

yesterday was a holiday. eid festival. that means a complete shutdown. even the gym was closed. i had no option but to take the day off. will get down to serious work from today. awaiting my transfer orders. first thing when i go home, join a gym.  ;)

rocky

ive started to work all the machines at the gym. sarge makes sure i rotate on them for the week. cycling, rowing, elliptical, treadmill u name it. weights r also being increased gradually. only protein shakes im not having. im 2 sizes down now. bg is also behaving n stays whr i want it.  ;D
and according to me its all thanks to this pub. i wish u served beer  ;D