You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Exercise / Workout thread

Started by skb, March 09, 2016, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starsign

OK. I can keep up the 1 / 1-1/2 routine easily now. But I'll continue with this for a few more days.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

Couldn't do my walking yesterday and the whole day I felt loss of energy. Went to the park and walked for an hour today. Feeling nice.
Diabetic ?

rocky

as i said i need to lose wt. i have a gym in my workplace. should i join up. dont want to look stupid there. i mean im quite overweight.
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Hi Rocky,

That is what gyms are for. I'm sure you will find lots of people who are overweight at the gym. That's nothing to be ashamed of. There should also be trainers who will be able to guide you properly.

I think it's a very good idea to join up.  ~tup~
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

Stuck to my routine nothing much, but I was not too well today.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

starsign

skb, forgot to tell you, today i was able to do the 1 min walk / run routine twice. After that I had to roll back a little bit. But I will get there.  ~npb~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

Good job star. I was not able to do my walk today as I was late for work. Maybe that is the reason I was very high after my lunch. I will try and cover up on my way home.
Diabetic ?

Sweety

Managed a one hour walk after many days today. Feeling good.
Diabetic ?

starsign

Great going sweety. I haven't used the treadmill for a couple of days now and I already fear getting on to it. Now i wish I had a  ~cyl~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

starsign

I managed a short workout today, all thanks to you sweety.  ~tku~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Rhiannon

I walked for ten minutes on Thurday, and walked for 20 minutes on Friday.  I find that on the days I walk (even if only for 10 minutes), I fall to sleep much easier.  Today I am (briefly) at the office to check the messages, then to the grocery store.  My exercise today will consist mostly of household chores like doing laundry and vacuuming.

skb

JFYI I have read a study which concluded that the minimum required time for exercise is 13 minutes. Don't know where it is now. I will try & look for it & post it here if I can locate it. So if you can stretch that 10 minutes to 13, it would be better.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

starsign

Today I could manage my full routine. 20 minutes on the treadmill plus some 30 minutes of yoga.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

skb

Good for you. I took the day off.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Kelly

I really need to start walking!!  I just have to make the time for it!