You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Exercise / Workout thread

Started by skb, March 09, 2016, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

I probably should start posting here.  My exercise of choice is walking.  My goal is to manage a minimum of 10K steps a day and with my short legs that works out to be about 4 Miles.  I had some issues for a while and was not able to get there but for the last few weeks I have been doing at least my goal.  I get a weekly report from Fitbit every Monday so I thought I would add that to this thread.  Looking to get at least 70K steps, 28 miles, each week.
From 8/15 to 8/21 I had 75,925 steps, 29.96 miles so I was on target.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Sure, we need more and more members posting here.
And your post inspires me to take out my rusty running shoes  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

great post wally
ive been very regular at the gym
hv to join one when i get back home
keep it up
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

I have a treadmill at home, which I bought recently. I keep reminding myself that I need to hop on to it more often. But the reminders don't seem to be working as I keep forgetting.  ;)
But seriously I need to do it more often.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

Wally your new avatar reminds me to start taking my own walks regularly. Thanks.
Diabetic ?

starsign

Finally, I hopped on to the TM today. Will need to build up my routine all over again. But hey, I'm going to do it  ~yes~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

Hi,

I took my walks on Sat/Sun over the weekend but I find this way too irregular for my liking. I found a zoomba class near my house. I'm thinking of joining that. Any one has any experience with that, and can tell me if that is a good decision ?
Diabetic ?

walkerwally1

I'm not familiar with  zoomba  but anything that helps to add incentive to get moving is probably a good thing.  If it's fun it can't be bad.   `8)
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Sweety on August 29, 2016, 06:24:46 AM
I found a zoomba class near my house. I'm thinking of joining that. Any one has any experience with that, and can tell me if that is a good decision ?

As far as I know, Zoomba  is a brisk dance with lot of hip movements. Like Wally said, any form of exercise is worth it. Go for it.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

My weekly Fitbit report for 8/22 - 8-28.  I managed to get my goal of 70K + steps, 72,190 for the week.  A bit sore Sunday so when I saw I was over the 70K I slacked off and quit after about 8K steps. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

I'm taking the liberty of linking my post in the fasting BG thread here.
http://www.diabetic.pub/forum//index.php?topic=11.msg4621#msg4621
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

starsign

@sweety, zoomba will do you good, go for it.
@wally, like skb i'm also inspired to tighten my laces and get on to the TM. I'll start first thing tomorrow.
~tku~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

bigskygal

I recently found an app on my new iPhone that counts steps, Stepz.  I have been trying it out the last few days and am kind of amazed at my numbers just walking around the house.  My #'s aren't as impressive as Wally's but I am still happy with them.  I am trying this out for a while to see if I can justify buying a fitbit.

Yesterday just around the house I came up with 5021 steps, 2.1 miles!! Right now today after shopping, I am at 4660 steps and there are still 6 hours left in the day!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I don't know if a step counter will work for me as I don't carry my phone around with me all the time. I have measured distances with Google Earth for all of the walks that I take on the streets of Mumbai, so I know exactly how much I'm walking, not counting the home/work steps.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

starsign

Good to see more and more people here. It will definitely help me stick to my routine. The last week I have worked out on my TM but not as long enough as I would like, nor regularly. Please don't let that dampen your spirits, I will be back on track again  ~yes~
Partner of a Diabetic T2