You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Exercise / Workout thread

Started by skb, March 09, 2016, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

My Fitbit total for last week, 9/26 to 10/2, is 79,181 steps, daily average 11,312 steps.  The NYC partial marathon pushed me to do a bit better than 10K a day.  I was going to start the next "challenge" but looking closer it is a total of 57,000 steps, I thought it was 51,000, so I am looking at about 11,400 steps a day to complete it in 5 days.  I am going to give it a rest for a few days before trying another challenge. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

rocky

I'm certain that you will have no trouble completing the course in 5 days, considering that you are enjoying yourself so much.
I worked out last evening. Did the weights, skipping, treadmill everything.
My life is based on a true story.

Sweety

I've posted a new low Bg in the fasting thread, and i think that it is all due to the daily (5 days/week) Zoomba class that I have started. I'm basically a very shy kind of woman, but dancing to vigorous beats helps me shake off some of the shyness as well.  :D
Diabetic ?

starsign

Great sweety, I know some Zoomba girls.
I did Interval Training afte a long time yesterday. Walk / Run for same intervals of time. Pooof.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

bigskygal

10,120 steps yesterday.

Just back from picking up my cat. He looks so different, much smaller!  He is so mad at me! He won't let near him.  I'll post a photo tomorrow when he calms down.  Poor guy is still staggering from the sedative.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Yesterday, we went for another road run. Wasn't so bad this time around.

skb

Rocky I spend about 15 minutes walking + running on the treadmill. Haven't tried road running ever. If the knees don't kill you, the traffic will. But what I do is interval exercise. I walk for a minute, then run for one. Repeat this for 7 times (14 minutes) + 1 minute to cool down. That's it. Along with some weights (nothing heavy) & free exercises for general maintenance. Takes me about 1 hr for the whole thing. But, I do this at least 5 times a week. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Rhiannon

I am setting money aside each week toward a treadmill.  I don't walk much anymore because I never know when I might be struck with an urgent need to use the restroom.  That's a drag because I used to really enjoy walking.  I figure the next best thing is having a treadmill right in my home.  I'm hoping to find something fairly basic and relatively light-weight, and if it's easy to put together, so much the better.

bigskygal

8400 steps yesterday.  I knew it was going to be low and today too probably will be too.  Poor Baby Boo is having a hard time.  He looks half the size of before.

Trying to post a photo of him. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

That is a very pretty cat.
My workout was slightly lower than usual intensity.

Sweety

Quote from: Rhiannon on October 05, 2016, 01:48:47 PM
I am setting money aside each week toward a treadmill. 
Just a suggestion. You might get good refurbished ones for much lesser price.

Quote from: bigskygal on October 05, 2016, 06:56:00 PM

Poor Baby Boo is having a hard time.  He looks half the size of before.

Very cute cat.
My zoomba is going pretty well. The initial pains have eased up. I'm really enjoying myself.

Diabetic ?

bigskygal

7528 steps yesterday.  Hope to be able to get back in the groove soon. 

Baby Boo is still clinging to me, every time I sit, he is on my lap.  Probably not going to get a lot of steps in today either.

Shanny

I can tell the weight loss from Baby Boo in your avatar and yesterday's picture you posted. It's more worrisome when you talk about his behavior.  :(

Waylon is still down around 10# from a high of 15# a coupla years ago, but he's eating well (although not the horrible kidney diet the vet wants to use - we've got our own plan now with foods that he'll eat that aren't too high phosphorus. Poor old thing can't live without eating & cats need protein - not that cruddy carby stuff they sell for CKD) and he's become accustomed to the Ringer's infusions a coupla times a week. Tonight he just leaned up against my chest & stayed so calm while Mr. Shanny wielded the needle . . .

starsign

Boo certainly makes a pretty picture.
Since finding some time after my dad's surgery, and what have you, I've increased my daily workouts bit by bit. Increased the tension on the bike and doing some incline & runs on the TM. 
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Rhiannon

Quote from: Sweety on October 06, 2016, 06:30:12 AM
Quote from: Rhiannon on October 05, 2016, 01:48:47 PM
I am setting money aside each week toward a treadmill. 
Just a suggestion. You might get good refurbished ones for much lesser price.

That is a good idea --- and just last night my SIL was over for a visit and I mentioned my plan to purchase a treadmill, and turns out she has one she wants to get rid off.  "Hardly used."  So all I need do is give her some money and figure out how to get the treadmill over to my house :)