You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Exercise / Workout thread

Started by skb, March 09, 2016, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

3.86 miles on the stationary bike and 2,327 steps on the Fitbit yesterday.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on March 29, 2017, 12:20:05 PM
Wally - Maybe it would help you if you thought of where you were 2 months ago, healthwise, in comparison to where you are today.  I have an acquaintance who broke her hip over a year ago and she is no where near the progress you've made.  Be proud of what you accomplish.

Best wishes at your check up and have a safe journey.  Will be looking forward to hearing of your appointment evaluation.
Thanks, I guess I was just feeling a little down but you are right.  I really am happy that I have been able to get where I am by now.  Sometimes it is only small things like being able to bend over and pick something up from the floor or take a few steps without any support that show progress but they add up. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

8,917 steps yesterday.

Today it seems my  ~ cat ~ is really wanting a lot of lap time,

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

3.68 miles on the stationary bike.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

OK, I'm over my whining.  I managed 4052 steps yesterday, 4339 the day before and 5580 the day before that.  That is a plus for me as I have not been able to get back to back days over 4K and I don't think ever since my accident three days in a row.  I don't know about today but we will see.  I am able to walk further now without any support and keep doing that as I can because it seems to exercise my leg muscles. 
@Grammabear, you are really working at it, good job !
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

patdart

Hey all y'all!  I'm sorta back.  Maybe Shanny told you as she dug me up this week.  I wish I could walk but on Jan. 17 tried to sit down to eat dinner and my desk chair rolled out from under me and I fell to the floor and broke my femur at the hip, but not my him itself.  I called 911 and went to the ER and then on to surgery the next day.  After a tour of rehab I'm now at home and in 3x a week PT and trying to learn to walk again but meeting with little success.  I use a walker and have a lot of pain.  Thank the forces for every step you can take.  I'll try to take part every day, but it may be a bit spotty for a while.  The good news is after eating as best I could the food in the rehab I was tested after I got out and it was a 5.4 so that worked.  Knew I should check in...So HI you guys!  Now to go read and catch up on y'all!

walkerwally1

Hi Pat, WELL !  Sorry to hear about your fracture but on December 30 I also fell and broke my femur.  Without a doubt the worse pain I have ever felt.  I have a rod going the entire length of my femur and a screw going through the rod and holding the top in place.  I finished rehab and have been doing PT at home as I live 30 miles from town.  At first I was only able to walk with a walker but I am now able to walk with a cane and can even take a few steps with no support.  I try to walk as much as I can and, although slow, I am getting better.  I still have some pain at times but not nearly as bad as it was.  Keep up with the therapy, I know it's not fun but things will get better. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

[size=10pt)5713 steps yesterday  ~ cat ~  ~ cat ~
Internet acess is killing me![\'fu

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

walkerwally1

Quote from: bigskygal on April 01, 2017, 03:05:10 AM

[size=10pt)5713 steps yesterday  ~ cat ~  ~ cat ~
Internet acess is killing me![\'fu
I totally understand your frustration.  It's a wonderful thing when it works but a real pain in the neck when it doesn't. 
Good to hear from Pat but sorry she felt the need to join me with a broken hip. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

8,523 steps yesterday.

Pat, so good to hear from you!  So sorry to hear of your fall though.  Take care of yourself.

No internet at all today. Hate using data at home.  I hope I don't get a huge additional bill.

Grammabear

4.3 miles on the stationary recumbent bike.

Sorry for you ladies who have fallen, and hope you feel better soon.  For the first time in over a week we have sunshine here.  So nice to see and hear the song birds singing.  We have cardinals and American goldfinches, black cap chickadees and of course Mr. Blue Jay, who is very loud.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Our bluejays always scare off the other birds who come to feed, but y'know the ones who don't even flinch? The lady cardinals!  <3  Those little girls are not flustered by anything, and Mr. Bluejay can just squawk all he wants!  `8)  Even the little woodpeckers (downy and hairy) flush when he comes around, but not the lady cardinals.

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on April 01, 2017, 06:14:13 PM
Our bluejays always scare off the other birds who come to feed, but y'know the ones who don't even flinch? The lady cardinals!  <3  Those little girls are not flustered by anything, and Mr. Bluejay can just squawk all he wants!  `8)  Even the little woodpeckers (downy and hairy) flush when he comes around, but not the lady cardinals.

Shanny - You're very observant about your birds.  We have noticed that too and the lady cardinals I guess have to be brave to raise young.  I heard that Cardinals mate for life although I don't know that to be true.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: patdart on March 31, 2017, 06:56:28 PM
Hey all y'all!  I'm sorta back.  Maybe Shanny told you as she dug me up this week.  I wish I could walk but on Jan. 17 tried to sit down to eat dinner and my desk chair rolled out from under me and I fell to the floor and broke my femur at the hip, but not my him itself.  I called 911 and went to the ER and then on to surgery the next day.  After a tour of rehab I'm now at home and in 3x a week PT and trying to learn to walk again but meeting with little success.  I use a walker and have a lot of pain.  Thank the forces for every step you can take.  I'll try to take part every day, but it may be a bit spotty for a while.  The good news is after eating as best I could the food in the rehab I was tested after I got out and it was a 5.4 so that worked.  Knew I should check in...So HI you guys!  Now to go read and catch up on y'all!

Hello Pat,
Welcome back. We hope to see you here more often. Wishing you a full recovery asap.

As far as the avian posts are concerned, some pictures would go far in helping us understand what exact birds are being referred to. I know the Blue Jay (Roller) and the local finches, but I'd like to see how their US cousins look like.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Just a hint - if you try to google cardinals, make sure you add birds, or all you're gonna get is our St. Louis baseball team!  ;D