You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Exercise / Workout thread

Started by skb, March 09, 2016, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Okay - will try to post pix of the most common avian wildlife we see around here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shanny

and a couple more:

Grammabear

Shanny - Thank you for posting pictures.  We've been feeding birds as a hobby for quite some time, but we were never sure what kind of woodpecker we had visit here and now we know....:)  You are fortunate to see the Great Blue Heron.  Years ago when we bought our home in a rural area, there was lot more woods and less urban developement.  We would occasionally see the blue heron in the spring but now it is very rare to see one here as there is too much housing developement, even in the country.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Surprised myself yesterday with 5383 steps.  I didn't even expect to get over 4K.  Today is going to be a day of rest.
Birds ?  We have a bunch.  Some :

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

Some bigger birds :

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on April 02, 2017, 10:01:17 AMYou are fortunate to see the Great Blue Heron.  Years ago when we bought our home in a rural area, there was lot more woods and less urban developement.  We would occasionally see the blue heron in the spring but now it is very rare to see one here as there is too much housing developement, even in the country.
Partly it's because we're right on the river, so we see them fishing off our gravel bar. Which reminds me of another local bird - the kingfisher, which also feeds right out front - there's an old snag of a dead tree trunk directly across the river, and they perch & dive from it.

And Wally? I totally forgot about quail! We hear them more often than see them.

walkerwally1

Yeah, we have a bunch of Quail, a covey I think, that run through our yard every morning around dawn.  It's light out but before the dogs get up, LOL.  They spend a lot of time digging around for whatever Quail eat but when they are through that is the last we see of them for the rest of the day.  It's really fun to watch when they have the little ones with them. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

6,253 steps yesterday.  Yeah, there was  ~ cat ~ but also a little stiff from the fall.

I don't have cardinals here, but I do have eagles and blue herons.  No blue jays but magpies and only once in my 13 years here have I seen California Quails (I think they got lost during migration).  I have all the birds mentioned plus chukars.  I go through a lot of birdseed every week as I feedthem regularly.
Oh and I forgot the black birds, robins, and ducks!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Shanny,
The first picture you posted of the Goldfinch, is known as the Golden oriole here. The black / white bird is a common feature of our garden. It is known as the Magpie Robin.

My first picture is that of how a Blue Jay looks like, in these parts and the second one is of the most common of the woodpeckers, the lesser golden back.

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

And this is how the most common Kingfisher (White Breasted) looks around these parts. Thankfully, I still get a few in our garden, in the summer months.
[attachment id=0]

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

I took a day off from riding the stationary bike yesterday.  Just needed a break.

skb - The birds in your part of the world are beautiful, thank you for posting their pictures.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

7,361 steps yesterday.

skb your birds are very pretty!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Thanks. Here are some more from my last trip into the forests in M.P - India.
BTW the Indian Pitta is known as Navrang, where Nav is Nine and Rang means colour. You can literally see the different colors from different angles.

Crested Serpentine Eagle
[attachment id=0]

Stone Curlew
[attachment id=1]

Lesser Adjutant Stork
[attachment id=2]

Indian Pitta
[attachment id=3]

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Thanks all, for the lovely pictures, and this nice little diversion from diabetes. Sometimes, it is required.

I did go to the gym yesterday. Sarge was MIA, but I did some of the aerobic stuff. Will be going again today and picking up steam.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

Only 6,408 steps yesterday. Still a bit stiff from the fall but also  ~ cat ~ in lap.

Today  ~ cat ~  is totally glued to my lap. Every time I get up to walk a bit as soon as I sit he is right there again.  I'm hoping he is not feeling unwell.