You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

The BG Tracker

Started by skb, December 21, 2016, 06:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Hi,

We are pleased to introduce you to our latest and best add-on feature, to The Diabetic Pub.

Enter the "BG Tracker". This module can track your BG over a long period of time, by a single click. The BG Tracker will assist you in monitoring your BG levels, by keeping a record of it and displaying it as a BG Chart.

All you have to do is enter your BG readings using the BG Tracker in the Diabetic Pub forum. Entries can be made up to 5 times during the day. By default the entries are named as Fasting, Before Lunch, After Lunch, Before Dinner & After Dinner. You are free to use these different "types" of entries for any other parameter that you want to track. For instance, you can use the After Dinner reading as your Bedtime reading, if you like.

ACCESS TO BG TRACKER
You can access The BG Tracker by clicking on "USE BG TRACKER" Button in the Right Side Panel. Another access Button is also located in Profile. Once clicked, the BG Tracker will open with 3 Menu Options. New Value (entry), List of Values (What has been entered) & Chart. Please insert a few values before you access the List of Values or Chart.

MAKING AN ENTRY
By default the New Value entry page will open, which has 3 input boxes. (1) Date – If you click in this box, a drop down Calendar will open up for you to select the date for the entry. You are free to make entries from retrospective date. So feel free to enter your values from previous dates if you like. (2) The BG Reading – In this box you can enter up to 3 digit integers with 1 digit after the decimal, example '124.5'. This allows you to make entries in the unit of your choice, mg/dl or mmol/L. Example – If using mg/dl units, you can enter readings such as 98 or 110 etc. If using mmol/L you may enter 6.2 or 8.7 etc. (3) Type of Reading – Clicking here, a drop down box will allow you to choose one of the 5 types as mentioned above. Once you are done with your inputs, click "Save" to store your reading in our database. Each entry will add to the total sum of your forum posts. 

DISPLAY
You can display the List of Values that you have entered or your BG Chart by clicking on the appropriate button. There is an option to Edit the values that you have already entered should you wish to change anything.

When Chart is displayed, only the lines of the entries made are displayed. If you do not want to see some of the lines displayed, you can do so by clicking on that name Label on top of the chart. That label will be striked through (Like this) and that line will not be displayed, giving you the option to see 1 or more types of your BG readings. By default the chart will only pick up valid BG readings that have been entered and dates which have been left out will not be displayed. Hovering the cursor on any of the displayed points, will show the Date/Type/BG Reading for that entry.

Below the Chart Date selection boxes are also provided to see the chart for a particular period that you desire. Calendar dropdown is also provided to assist you. Once you've entered the "Start" and "End" dates, click on the "Update" button to see a chart for only the period of your choosing. However, the update button will reset the chart & all 5 lines will be displayed. You will once again have to deselect the lines that you do not want to see.

There is also a "New Tab" button if you want to see only the Chart display in a new window. From here, you can use the "Cntrl+P" option to Print your chart or Right Click & save the image on your computer.

In the Profile View of each member (to the left of their post) a new icon for the BG Chart has been added. By clicking that you can view the BG Tracker Chart for that User.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

The icon for a member's BG Tracker Chart can be found in the User Profile in the post as shown in above post

The BG Tracker software was built around the Default Theme. Users of the Blue Piece might experience some display problems. Please let us know if you find any difficulty.
As always, we would love to have your feedback about this new feature. It will also help us improve the forum and make it one of the best on the internet. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

Since I am not 'technically savvy' I don't have a good understanding of what it takes to make this feature available to forum members, however I would like to say thank you. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

You don't need any technical skills for this. Just click the Green button on the right which says " USE BG TRACKER " and start using the App.

You cannot view this attachment.

If you encounter any difficulties, we will help you out with those.

ETA : You're doing quite well. As you start to add your daily values, your chart will begin to generate.
You can add BG readings from the past as well. Just select the date for which you want to add the reading. You can also add readings for other times (other than fasting, that is). Good Luck. 

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Oh wow guys. This is really brilliant. I'll add some of BG readings now, and then some more later. Very useful indeed.
~gjb~
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Hello DP,
An email alerted me about this, so basically I came to check. This App seems to be a very nice & beneficial to people suffering from Diabetes. I will put in some records for AJ to see the patterns in his numbers, though we only have a record of his Fasting numbers. Thank you all for this lovely feature.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

Me too. Checking it out and feeding my numbers.
Thank you, this is a very good development.
Diabetic ?

starsign

Thanks to the chart, I can look back at when AJ was getting his best BG numbers, and think back why. It becomes a lot easier this way.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

skb

Great. My chart is like the Himalayas right now, and I very well know, why  :-[
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

@ Wally, I'm super impressed by your dedication to The BG Tracker and the Chart that has generated out of it. Your control is commendable  ~klp~

If you permit me, I would like to display some images here, along with my comments. But only if you are OK with that.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

By all means go ahead, I'm not shy.   :D
By the way, I am not sure why but this morning when I click on "use bg tracker" it will not open so I can't make any entries.  I'll try later.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

We were working on the buttons a bit last evening and maybe you were online just then, but here's a link, just in case

https://www.diabetesforum.online/index.php?action=bgtracker;sa=new

Another way to reach the Tracker is by clicking on the chart blurb/icon in your own Profile to the left of the posts..

Also added it as a Button under Profile.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 29, 2016, 10:05:11 AM
By all means go ahead, I'm not shy.   :D

Thanks. First of all, your control is splendid as seen in the Chart below. Your 2 highest readings are '115', which is superb. And the Chart looks so impressive with all the colors being used.

[attachment id=0 msg=6907]

That said, when I look at your Before Lunch & Before Dinner lines, I see that you are almost always higher before dinner and have not reached back to your baseline. The gap could be due to a snack in-between, or the time gap is not as large as I assume it would be (5~6 hours). You'll be able to say why.

[attachment id=1 msg=6907]

These are just my observations about your chart and do not mean to say that I think you should be lower or higher. The numbers / lines are the ones that we would all yearn for. These are just some interpretations on how the Tracker can be of help to us all. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Good point skb.
Please look at my chart as well and let me know what you see.  :P
My life is based on a true story.

skb

You'll need to enter a lot of data like Wally. Right now I see only the Fasting readings & they swing as and when you cheat.
~tnk~
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club