You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

96 this morning.

John - Clearly the pork you used was a very good grade of meat.  It must be special to be able to fix your 'own' food to eat instead of relying 100% on liquid nutrition.  Hope you feel better soon.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

87 (4.82) this morning.  Kind of a surprise as I had a cortisone injection in my right knee yesterday and I expected it to be higher.  I have always done fairly well after the cortisone but usually see a rise of at least 10 mg/dl.  Certainly not complaining though. 
Well, cooler and windy today and the windy part is possibly a problem as I heard about an hour ago that a brush fire has broken out about 30 miles from here and near last years Erskin fire.  Hope they are able to get it under control soon.
@Tamagno, ground pork is quite lean.  I like to mix it with ground beef when I make meatloaf but I never thought of using it by itself.  Might be worth a try.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on May 12, 2017, 07:28:09 AM
I made burgers from pork yesterday which wasn't bad (actually cheaper than beef) except the surprise was that what I thought was fatty meat didn't shrink at all on the grill. I'd added some barbecue sauce and quite a bit of fresh garlic that made them a little sweet and flavorful.
Sure is good to see you on solid food again!  ~hug~
Yeah - when I make sausage patties, they hardly shrink at all, but I'm partial to Jimmy Dean, and I know his brand is pretty lean.

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this drizzly morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Light rain on and off all day.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

122 this morning. Didn't check last night.

John, it is really great news that you are eating solids again. The thrill is doubled when the food is self-cooked.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

151 this morning.

Solid food is good, yes! Hopefully, the tube itself will come out shortly and make it official.

We're bracing for major rains this weekend that are predicted to fall at 2"/hr. Of course, I don't believe it, but we'll see...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) this morning.  A bit on the high side and the cortisone could be a factor but certainly not bad.
The Jet Stream has dropped down and it is cooler here and windy but other than that not a major change.  It looks like the middle of the country will see a much bigger change.  It will stay on the cool side all week and then start warming back up.  No rain in sight and I believe we are through with rain for a few months.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

102 this morning.  We have had three gorgeous days in a row, which probably will not last for long.  But I love sunshine, so will not complain :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this morning, 81 (4.49) at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, you still have the tube but can eat solid foods too?  So glad you are progressing so well.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

125 today morning. I'm positive it's the sweeter cookies causing this surge. Thankfully, we've polished off the entire lot yesterday. Hope to have a better tomorrow.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Tamagno, solid foods even with the tube is good news Sir.  ;D The tube will go away, soon.

Last evening 81 before dinner and 93 this morning fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

117 today morning. Mom left yday night so hope to see better numbers. I performed a ghazal at an office get-together yesterday. There were such fabulous singers and I have been out of practice for two decades now! But it was my first time with a mike and I enjoyed it so much. Hope to brush up my singing skills.

Have missed on a lot of posts. Hope everyone is doing good.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on May 14, 2017, 01:56:13 AM
117 today morning. Mom left yday night so hope to see better numbers. I performed a ghazal at an office get-together yesterday. There were such fabulous singers and I have been out of practice for two decades now! But it was my first time with a mike and I enjoyed it so much. Hope to brush up my singing skills.

Have missed on a lot of posts. Hope everyone is doing good.

Wow. Would love to hear some. You can upload audio files as well.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

195 this morning.

The tube is still there pending my keeping weight up without using it. An annoyance, but at least I'm eating again!

What is a ghazal? Sounds interesting...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

I'll let Wikipedia explain that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghazal

You have to be an Indian / Pakistani to understand that. I have not encountered this art form anywhere in the Arab world or even Turkey, though the origins are supposed to be from these parts.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club