You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Wally, The new house seems set for you. Do you already have a buyer for the old one ?

119 today morning, thanks to some untimely eating last night. Had a late evening meeting so couldn't help nibbling some peanuts. But my weight has dropped to 161.4 lbs, the lowest this year.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

@wally, Good Luck with the purchase and moving. Moving can be tough. How far are the 2 homes, if I may ask ?

Last evening before dinner 81, today morning 92. Seems the mother's day feast is out of the system.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

123 today morning. Took a two day off and just slept! Ate at irregular timings. Getting back on the wagon today.

Tamagno

114 this morning.

Today looks like a good day to do some mower maintenance. I managed to do most of the mowing yesterday, but think I'll take today off for repairs and then finish tomorrow.

Moving is a big deal, Wally; I hope everything goes smoothly!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  Today we have a high wind advisory with possible gusts up to 50 MPH and winds 30-35 MPH.  Tomorrow it will all be out of here, well, according to the weather gurus, and start warming up.  I was going to town today but I don't have anything pressing so I think I will wait for things to calm down and go tomorrow.
The move will probably happen sometime in June and we will have a lot of help.  Moving first then getting this place fixed up before putting it on the market.  Moving is a chore but it also gives you a chance to get rid of so much junk, LOL.  I have been selling a lot of stuff on Ebay the last month and more to go.  There will also be more trips to the dump.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Moving is such a chore that I've decided I might not even do it again! lol! When we moved into this big ol' house, so many relatives found an excuse to give away stuff they hadn't had the courage to part with before, and we now have furniture & other paraphernalia that I have no idea whence it came or when. I know a coupla the bedroom suites are antiques, but have no idea of their worth, and it isn't important to me, but might be to some future owner.

And just prior to moving here, we had gotten married & combined our two complete households already, so we had extras & duplicates of things we hadn't had time to sort out & dispose of. I shudder to think of all the stuff that's lived in our attic all these years. Neither of us is capable of climbing up there anymore, so somebody or somebodies is going to have a real blast with that job!  :-\

bigskygal

70 (3.88) this snowy morning, 72 (3.99) at bedtime last night.

Yup, woke up to find it snowing this morning!  It turned to rain mid morning and has been raining ever since.  No yard work happening here...

I know exactly what you mean Shanny.  I have so much "stuff" here plus a garage full of tubs filled with things I never unpacked from the move here 13 years ago.  I have no energy to try to sort through things. I feel bad about leaving the mess to my kids... or maybe an auctioneer...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

LOL, yeah, moving brings up dreaded memories of moves in the past.  It is a chore to say the least but I am also glad to have a chance to sort through a bunch of stuff that has just been stashed away to be dealt with later.  I tend to be a pack rat so I think this will be a good thing.  Also there is not a rush.  We will probably spend a month or two doing some of the things needed before selling and will have a good amount of time to get things need to go.  That is to the new house or the dump ! 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

110 today morning fasting.

Moving / Shifting can be a pain. It does bring out a lot of the old hidden stuff as Wally says. Our last move was in 1985 and I don't intend moving again, but who knows, if it happens, it happens. We did set up a second home some 100 kms away in 2006, and that was fun, buying all the stuff and populating the house bit by bit. But that is different from making a move.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

When I had to move to Saudia and back, it was just a few bags and a couple of cardboard boxes, but even then, moving isn't much fun, except when you're coming back home.  ;D

BG behaving very well. 77 for last evening and 90 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

126 today morning despite eating reasonably well yday. It will take a few days to get my liver dump in order. Bad eating for the last few days when mom was here.

Made baked mushroom and spinach yday. Turned out yummy.

http://food.ndtv.com/recipe-baked-mushrooms-and-spinach-219584

Tamagno

151 this morning.

Yesterday I watched a number of YouTube videos on Indian cooking including street foods in both Delhi and Mumbai as well as a few restaurants. Besides making me hungry I've got to wonder how it would be possible to maintain LCHF there?

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

83 (4.6) this morning.  The wind is out of here so the front has passed and it is supposed to start warming up.  Starting out this morning at 34° (1.11°C) so still waiting but it will surely be warmer and even might get to hot.   ~hot~
I have to go to town today and get my car smogged, every other year here in California.  Not a worry with my little Honda Civic but still a chore.  I will get some shopping done though. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

79 (4.38) this morning.

We received good news regarding my DIL and the MRIs showed that she did not have a stroke.  The doctors are not sure what it was, but they are calling it an 'artifact' meaning it is unexplainable. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny