You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this partly cloudy morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

Thunderstorms rolled through here yesterday afternoon and this afternoon too.  The worst was to the East of me but did get some rain.  The rain brought down a lot of the cotton but there is still more to come.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on June 08, 2017, 07:53:01 PM
Big Agriculture and Big Pharma have a 'strangle-hold' on the American consumer and quite possibly on healthcare professionals too.

And sadly the rest of the world looks up to America and follow this advice blindly.

BG readings were 89 pre-dinner and 104 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Shanny, I don't know that variety. It was probably Mexican. If you can source an Indian Alphonso variety, it will be worth your effort.

BG 82 before dinner and 94 fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

It wasn't completely red when we bought it, but by the time we got around to eating it, it was. I just figured it had ripened a little more.

Vahit

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I am absent again for a long time.

Some fasting readings after last update.

29th May - 114
30th May - 119
31st May - 127
3rd June - 133
4th June - 128
8th June - 136
9th June - 130

I am fasting for religioius requirements which is Ramadan.
Even if I am eating in pattern I find number are high. Is this usual or what do you feel ?

Have a great day.

Tamagno

166 this morning.

Add Big Government and Big Insurance to Big Pharma and Big Agriculture and you're getting close.

But then, we'd have to say that Big Science and Big Education are involved since the states of endocrinology and nutrition are so poor.

Spreading the message about LCHF as we are is a good place to be and honest even when met with disbelief.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

85 (4.71) this morning.  Yep, the ADA (American Diabetes Association) and also the AHA (American Heart Association) are non-profit organizations that have no support from the government and rely on the donations from these companies for their existence.  To believe there is no conflict of interest is naïve.  The mystery is why doctors and medical institutions follow their guidelines and they don't even consider that there is an alternative.  Unfortunately many doctors are obligated to follow these guidelines and would be severely chastised if they deviated from the "conventional wisdom".   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Vahit on June 09, 2017, 05:29:14 AMI am fasting for religioius requirements which is Ramadan.
Even if I am eating in pattern I find number are high. Is this usual or what do you feel ?
What you eat is the most important element in keeping your numbers down. When you eat bread, noodles, starchy vegetables like corn, beans, rice, potatoes, peas, etc., your numbers will rise. You must delete these foods from your meals in order to lower your numbers, and deleting them entirely is the best option. It may seem impossible to do it, but when you eliminate all these starchy foods, you can increase your meat/fish/poultry a bit, or if meat is not part of your diet, you can eat all the fats you want without raising your numbers. Good fats include butter/ghee, dairy cream & all kinds of cheeses (check the labels & go for the ones with the highest fat content - cream cheese is good). All kinds of natural saturated & unsaturated fats are good, like lard, olive oil, coconut oil, etc., without limit. Just make sure you avoid the manmade fats like vegetable oils & shortenings, trans fats, oleo/margarine, etc.

Most of us follow a food plan known as LCHF (low-carb/high-fat) or ketogenic. Here's a link explaining how to get started on it: https://profgrant.com/2014/03/19/how-to-start-lchf-part-1-clean-out-day/

Grammabear

94 fasting this morning.  Even while mowing the grass, my average stayed around 104 which is a surprise.  Usually the stress from the heat causes it to rise until we're finished.  Now for some crack slaw for supper.   <3
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this partly cloudy morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

High today was 67°F (19.4°C). Had a light rain about an hour ago and now it is 60°F (15.5°C).

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Vahit on June 09, 2017, 05:29:14 AM
I am fasting for religioius requirements which is Ramadan.

Shanny has already given you the proper plan of eating. Do read from the links provided.
To answer your question, BG rises and falls cyclically with food. As we eat our BG rises and subsequently falls for the next 4 hours or so when you hit your baseline number again. It can continue to drop for the next couple of hours, before the liver feels the need to pump out some nourishment in the form of glucose from its stored reserves. This is known as a liver dump. For extended periods of fasting the liver will dump and hence the BG will rise notably. How much it will rise depends on the amount of liver glucose that is stored. So, eating LCHF will ensure that the liver storage is depleted (to the minimum possible) and the dumps are minimal.

My BG numbers were 85 pre-dinner yesterday and 107 fasting this morning.   
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Tamagno, I think you can add Big Media to that list.

skb, very good explanation. I have seen that if my dinner time gets extended for any reason, my number keeps dropping and I end up in the mid 70s. Have it on time and it can be in the low 90s.

Before dinner last evening 80 and today morning was at 90.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

113 yesterday morning. Did not test today as i have just one strip left and saving it for times when i feel uneasy. Should get a refill today or tomm.

Tamagno

166 this morning.

Looks as though we might have decent weather today so I'd best try and get outdoors. Likely a good day to repair a rotten deck board...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  Definitely cooler yesterday but at 76° (24.4°C) it was quite comfortable.  Even cooler today and tomorrow, Monday maybe down to the mid 60's (around 18° C).
No rain in sight but still windy.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"