You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

94 (5.21) this morning.

It is a beautiful sunny day with temperatures forecast to be in the 90s which is getting to the uncomfortable range for me.  I'm grateful for air conditioning.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

I could tell before I ever got outta bed that this is not a 'decent' day!  ;)  75° sounds nice, but when combined with 75% humidity - not so much! And this is one instance where the river doesn't help us . . . online weather, nearest source, sez humidity is 55%, which would be tolerable. The river 50 feet directly down from our porch launches another 20% of moisture into our already fairly well-infused air.  :(

But I slept well in the shoulder brace, so am now enjoying a short while without it. I think this is going to be a genuine honest-to-goodness mutual admiration society - me & this brace!  `8)

skb

96 for the pre-dinner number and 109 for fasting.

We had guests over for dinner and as hosts some of the non-plan food has to be served. And then it is the mango season.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this partly cloudy morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

High today was 59°F (15°C) with light rain in the afternoon.

Shanny, did I miss something?  Why the brace for your shoulder?

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

I haven't had it diagnosed, but I guess I'll prob'ly have to if push comes to shove. I suspect it's related to a coupla bulging cervical discs in my neck - those were diagnosed 20 years ago as degenerative disc disease. But if I google 'trapezius' muscle, then a whole new arena opens up.

If it weren't my dominant one, I'd be tempted to forget it, but every move I make seems to lead with that quadrant, and even the tiniest twitch of my fingers stretches muscles all the way up my arm!

Just more evidence that aging isn't for sissies, eh?!  :-\

Tamagno

218 this morning.

Shanny, I wish that sort of problem were more easily diagnosed and healed. I'm impressed you slept well with a brace!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

97 (5.37) this morning.  Definitely cooler yesterday with a high of 69° (20.6°C) and windy.  We have a wind advisory today until 11:00 PM but it is calm now.
Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon yesterday was really good.  Also grilled a skewer of vegies so kind of pushed up the carbs but not too bad.
Shanny, sorry you are having the shoulder problems.  Last year I had torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders and I know it's not the same but I also know how difficult it is to do many things without pain.  Hopefully with the brace and time it will get better. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this mostly clear morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

Still on the cooler side, it got to 64°F  (17.7°C) with a few wispy clouds in the sky.  Not complaining at all!

I hope the brace helps you Shanny.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

117 this morning - probably because I had a fresh apricot last night.  Our store had a new shipment of apricots and it has been ages since I had one.  Yum.

Our temperature is presently 92 degrees with 25 mph winds.  Sure glad we mowed our grass yesterday and not today.  If I wasn't diabetic, I would be mighty tempted to have me a big ole' slice of watermelon.   <3
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

112 today morning. We attended the annual AGM at our State Shooting Association yesterday. And things tend to stretch there. By the time we finished with the dinner and got home, it was the wee hours in the morning.

Shanny, shoulder & neck pains can be pretty bad. I've gone through a couple of those in the past. Take care and be well. If a scan or X-Ray is required, so be it.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Shanny, I will also join the others in wishing you a quick recovery from the pain. Sending you good wishes and prayers.

Last evening before dinner was 82 and 95 today morning fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

The brace is helping a lot. Since I sleep on my left side, the brace on my right side doesn't bother at all, so I wear it whenever I lie down since I almost always fall asleep if I lie down. But what a picture it makes . . . first I have on the CPAP mask, then I have my soft cervical collar to keep my neck from getting a crook in it, and now I have the shoulder brace! Definitely falling apart up here! ha!

walkerwally1

78 (4.32) this morning.  We only got up to 62° (16.7°C) yesterday and it was really windy all day and last night.  Definitely not shorts and T-shirt weather.  Expecting about the same today and then tomorrow it starts to warm up. 
We have an apricot tree and in years when it produces we have had so many apricots we can't even give enough away.  I used to eat them a lot and made apricot deserts but no more.  Our goofy weather has made it hard for the tree to produce any fruit lately.  The tree blooms and then we get a freeze that kills it all off.  Well, the good thing is that I am not tempted.   :D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this partly cloudy morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

There is supposed to be heavy rain overnight and a flood watch has been issued for my area.  :(

skb

The monsoon has finally arrived here. It rained heavily last night with some sound & light effects. Already, there are reports of water logging and flooding from across the city. The rains will stay for the next 3-4 months and traffic is going to be a mess.

89 pre-dinner yesterday and 116 today fasting.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club