You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Quote from: rocky on June 23, 2017, 12:51:27 AM
Hypo unawareness seems a scary thing.
Grammabear that number is pretty high. Don't you get an alert alarm when the equipment fails ?
78 last evening before dinner and 91 fasting today.

Rocky ~ Yes, I do get an alert alarm when certain parts of the insulin pump system fail, but in this case it was a situation where I placed the cannula (which is the part through which the insulin is delivered from the pump) in a spot where absorption was extremely poor.  Even when one uses syringes or an insulin pen, the absorption is always a question mark.  It is suggested to test your blood glucose 2 hrs after inserting the cannula which I neglected to do because I got distracted. 

122 this morning which is better but there is still room for improvement.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this blue sky morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

Thankfully the weather here is much cooler.  Today's high was 70°F (21.1°C).  I would melt into a puddle on the sidewalk at temps in the 100's.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

116 today morning.

We get a few showers each day, but not the constant monsoon rain. The water bearing clouds are here, but no rain. Hope they are raining somewhere in the interiors. The agricultural sowing depends on that.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Grammabear on June 23, 2017, 11:24:06 AM
I placed the cannula (which is the part through which the insulin is delivered from the pump) in a spot where absorption was extremely poor.  Even when one uses syringes or an insulin pen, the absorption is always a question mark.  It is suggested to test your blood glucose 2 hrs after inserting the cannula which I neglected to do because I got distracted. 

Thanks Grammabear. Surprisingly, I learn something new about diabetes everyday. I had no idea about these things. This might come in handy, if I ever speak to a T1 on insulin.

Another 81 (before dinner) and 94 (fasting) for me.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

102 today morning. I got promoted at work. Am a manager now.

Vahit

Hello everyone. Some more readings for my fasting

19th June - 118
20th June - 129
23rd June - 119
24th June - 118

Finally, I am seeing some consistency in the fasting numbers

Please give your comments
Thank you,

Have a great day

Tamagno

194 this morning.

Grammabear, I wondered if that was a cannula or pump failure; thanks for clarifying! I think it's hard to imagine the tiny amounts of insulin that constitute basal rates and boluses. I generally use around 30-40 units a day which would scarcely be a thimble full.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on June 24, 2017, 05:35:03 AM
I got promoted at work. Am a manager now.
~cng~

I guess it's party time.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

Quote from: Vahit on June 24, 2017, 05:43:45 AM
Please give your comments
Thank you,

Yes, those numbers are consistent Vahit. Great job. Keep it up.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

111 (6.15) this morning.

Our temperature is 65 F (18.33 C) so we will be mowing our lawn if it doesn't rain.  We had a storm two nights ago that blew down a large tree limb which barely missed the house.  I'm thankful it didn't break any windows.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

93 (4.78) this morning.  Not much change in the weather, 99° yesterday so down 1°. 
CCD, congratulations !!   ~hi5~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Woke up very early today. It's around 4 am here now, but I had my last meal at 7 pm, about 9 hours ago. So I checked my BG and t was 111. That is high for me, but we've just finished with the mango season, so I'll accept that with a brave face. Pre-meal was 95 last night.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this beautiful morning, 99 (5.48) at bedtime last night.
  Don't know  where that came from, but it is what it is...

Congratulations CCD!! Wonderful news!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

261 this morning.

Great news, Carbcrazy!

Recently found out that there's no generic insulin in the U.S. at least. According to my Big Pharma friend the matter is something of a mystery in the industry. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find someone at Lilly who knows the manufacturing history.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

@ccd, great news indeed. A promotion also means added work and responsibilities, though I/m sure you're upto it, that is why the promotion.

82 last evening before dinner and 95 this morning. I did a lot of cleaning up for my mum today and I had lunch with her, which had some rice and noodles. So I decided to do the 2 hour check and I was at 116. Not bad, eh ?  :P
My life is based on a true story.