You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

172 this morning.

In this area, CVS, our main chain pharmacy, has also become the insurer for the drug portion of our commercial health insurance which state of affairs grows increasingly unwieldy and with very much the appearance of a vertical monopoly.

Interesting...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

95 (5.26) this morning.  Definitely cooler yesterday at 89° (32.67°C) and it should stay around that for the rest of the week and then maybe warming back up a bit.
Barbara, if it were an option I would consider changing doctors.  That is what I did when my doctor at the time I started LCHF would not listen to anything and still thought he was in complete control.  It may not be an option for you and then you just have to try and get him on your side. 
@Tamagno, CVS is one of the big three pharmaceutical "middlemen" that control drug pricing.  Optum RX is another and I don't remember the name of the third but I find it interesting that we are getting prescription drugs from these companies.  My insurance used to use CVS and I had to get my prescriptions filled through the.  Now it has switched to Optum RX and they also are where I have to go for my prescriptions.  With them I can use mail order or any Walgreens to get my prescriptions filled.  I agree, it sure does look like a vertical monopoly.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this lovely morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

Wally, it is frustrating, here I don't have a lot of choices for medical care.  Since my friend that was my pcp's nurse retired, I don't feel so loyal to him any more.  The local clinic also tied to the hospital in town is an option. If  my pcp won't rx script for strips, I will  look there.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Monsoon has set in very firmly. Dark skies and rain on and off the whole day. Satellite pictures show that it will stay this way for some time. My daughter & granddaughter will be visiting India for a month. They arrive on Saturday and there is a lot of excitement in the house.

Work wise I'm quite busy these days, so food timings are disrupted. Testing also takes a backseat especially for the evenings. Morning fasting today was 117.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

A change of doctor seems like a good idea. BSG you should try the hospital.

82 yesterday before dinner and 95 this morning. The morning number is still a trifle bit higher but getting there.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

112 today morning. I have aced how to make a cauliflower crust pizza. It is a regular at my place now. I got a few slices for some colleagues today and they loved it. It is an awesome dinner and fills me up.

I need to make some low carb chocolate now. Any suggestions? I really love a almond dark chocolate bar that is available in the markets but it is expensive for one bar. Was wondering if i could make it at home. Probably using Stevia???

Tamagno

144 this morning.

Got a call from the hospital yesterday in preparation for a surgical procedure in about a week. While asking various questions the woman at one point asked if I was still using heroin. Naturally, I was shocked; how that or any drug abuse got in my history I've no idea (same hospital I had cancer surgery).

Judging by past experience, there's a strong likelihood that's going to show up all over the place and is far from the only time there have been serious errors in my medical records.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

75 (4.16) this morning.  Weather now is quite nice.  High yesterday 90° and a bit breezy.  Looks like the same for a few days.  I have to go to town this morning for an ultrasound of my liver.  I have been feeling more tired than normal and had blood work done and my liver enzymes were elevated so my doctor ordered the ultrasound.  Don't know yet what it might mean so just waiting for results. 
@Tamagno, that is scary !  I have been to the ER twice in the last year and have had errors in my listed medications on their records and it is a bear to try and get it corrected. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

114 this morning.  It is very cloudy today and looks very much like rain is coming soon.

John - I can imagine how shocked you were to be asked that question.  It is my opinion that when those people call to ask the patient questions, that they don't even read the information in front of them about the patient.  Was your wife as surprised as you were?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

82 (4.54) this partly cloudy morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

Wow Tamagno, that is a shocking error!! I hope you were able to correct it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

John,
That's a ridiculous error ? Yes getting errors sorted out in official record is another nightmare. What is this surgery all about ? Is that for real, or also another mistake by the hospital ? I hope they are not mixing you up with someone else.

I clocked an 83 pre-dinner last evening and a 97 today early morning. Some of the best numbers of recent times.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

@skb, Great numbers. Mine are also pretty close. 82 before dinner and 94 fasting

@tamagno, Good grief. How could they commit such an error. I wonder if you have any recourse in law, other than just to get the mistake corrected.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

146 this morning.

I suspect medical records are like Facebook, vis, public, permanent and wildly susceptible to misinformation.

SKB, my "esophagus" where I had surgery has closed and has to be re-opened; a common complication.

Wally, hopefully no more problems!

Carbcrazydog

That is horrible, Tamagno

It makes you realize how some errors can actually have long term implications and so many we may not even be aware of!

I still have to catch up with a lot of messages. Hope everyone is doing well.

walkerwally1

75 (4.16) this morning.  Weather looks to be quite stable for at least the next 10 days.  We were at 89° (31.7°C) yesterday and should stay around there for a while.  Really not bad outside.
Yeah Tamagno, I think the problem is caused by people that are inputting your information making errors.  Selecting the wrong box on a form leaves you with an error that is taken as a fact by anyone viewing the record and you are not given the opportunity to view and correct the record before it becomes recorded.  At least in my case, it is hard to find someone to correct it once recorded.
Oh, yeah, I hope that the elevated liver enzymes are not a sign of trouble but who knows.  Never been high before.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024