You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

100 this morning.

I am surprised that my fasting number is not higher as we had a treat of strawberries and vanilla ice cream last night.  First time in a long while I've had ice cream.  It was delicious.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this sunny morning, 88 at bedtime last night too.

Tomorrow we are having a little get together to remember Richard.  The mortuary is sending lasagna
and I am going to eat some!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

No country can function without cash. Not in the foreseeable future. Street food thrives on cash. It is the larger cash transactions that are being targeted. India has a very low tax payer base and with digital or online transactions it's difficult to hide expenses.

122 today morning. Food wise a good day yesterday but normalcy will be restored in a day or two.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Singapore has a great street food culture. It is said that Singaporeans eat 5 times a day. We're so dedicated to food. Not me, not anymore. I'm strictly LCHF now.

78 before dinner last evening and another 92 fasting this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

104 today morning. My FIL is a diabetic but does not control on his food. Yesterday I made cauliflower crust pizza and he loved it. I hope he makes it often.

It is tough to be an LCHF if you do not cook meat at home (like us) and my in laws are vegetarian/eggetarian. I cook all dal, rice, rotis and vegetables for everyone and then have to cook separately for myself. It is time consuming and so much more expensive. But i guess you have to do what you have to do.

Tamagno

223 this morning.

It's very difficult to get accurate news from India (or anywhere else, I guess), so I rely on a news feed and Indian friends here. Youtube is loaded with fantastic things about street food on the subcontinent!

Today begins 48 hours of pre-op clear liquids that promises to be tedious. Of course, the prospect of solid food makes it worthwhile and the actual procedure on Thursday is minor and easy.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

76 (4.21) this morning.  When I said the weather was the same for the next few days I wasn't kidding.  The forecast for the next 4 days = 95, 95, 95 ,95 and then on the 5th day 96 !  Here 95° (35°C) is quite comfortable, especially with the low humidity and a light breeze.
@Tamagno, good luck with your surgery.  Hope it is as easy as you expect. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this partly cloudy morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, hope your surgery goes smoothly.

Rocky, when I visited Singapore, I loved the food markets!!  I didn't have diabetes then so I did enjoy all sorts of things!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on July 04, 2017, 04:59:24 AM
Today begins 48 hours of pre-op clear liquids that promises to be tedious. Of course, the prospect of solid food makes it worthwhile and the actual procedure on Thursday is minor and easy.

All the very best John. I'll give you some Indian news. PM Modi is in Israel today. It's his 66th overseas visit in less than 3 years. Wonder what his passport looks like after all that. But we have a very hardworking guy at the top. A bit misguided at times, perhaps, but well meaning and hardworking.

Paulomi, empathise with you. Cooking for everyone after a hard day at the office can be something.

141 today morning but that is not a pure fasting number. I was up in the middle of the night and had a little something.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

82 before dinner last evening and 95 fasting today.

Tamagno, I'll join everyone in wishing you a smooth surgical procedure.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Keeping you in my thoughts, John.  ~hug~

Tamagno

285 this morning - so much for zero carb diet!

Thanks for the good wishes all! Looks like the hard bit is getting through the two-day fast...

Thanks for the news, SKB. I try to follow Modi's actions some, but obviously can't understand things as thoroughly as I might like.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

96 (5.32) this morning.  We have a small chance, 20%, but still a chance of thunderstorms in the area for the next 4-5 days.  We already have a wildfire going that was started last Saturday by lightening.  It is not near enough to be a threat but we have been getting smoke here since it started.  Fire danger is a fact of life here and one reason a move to town seems like a good move.
@tamagno, crazy how that works sometimes !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

106 today morning

Good luck Tamagno!

Someone posted this pic on their newsfeed and I am wondering how crazy my meter would react to this! Maybe just looking at this pic upped it by 20ish points.

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigskygal

107 (5.93) this warm morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.
And I deserved every one of those higher points!!  The lasagna never arrived from the mortuary.
  They apologized profusely, they had 2 new clients on the 4th.  Will deliver in August when we have a larger memorial.

So dinner consisted of coleslaw, green salad, corn on the cob and cheddar cheese biscuits with ice cream cake for dessert. If the lasagna had come I wouldn't have eaten 4 biscuits, a small piece of corn and a small slice of cake.  (I haven't had corn on the cob or ice cream for 5 years!!) I am surprised my numbers weren't worse.  Wonder how long it will take me to get back to normal?

It is really getting hot here.  My phone app says it is 91°F  (32.7°C) but my outside thermometer says it is 82°F  (27.7°C) right here in my yard.  Weather service has issued a heat advisory for Friday and Saturday with temps in high 90's to over 100°F.  I hate the heat as much as I hate the wind!At least we got through the 4th without any firework started fires.