You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  A bit cooler yesterday with a high of 94° (34.4°C) but we did have thunderheads and it got quite dark in the afternoon but no rain.  Thunderstorms possible again today then it should be out of here.
@Tamagno, yes, it does seem strange that insulin is classified as medical equipment by Medicare.  My test strips are also "Medical Equipment" and so covered by Medicare under that classification.  Trying to figure out Medicare is not for thr timid.

Kathy, we have a lot of birds, squirrels and chipmunks here so antics are common.

I also have a 32 Oz. "Bubba Cup" and have 4 cups of coffee in the morning.  In the Summer months I love Iced Tea and I make "Sun Tea" which is just putting a gallon jar with water and tea bags in the sun for all day and by the end of the day there it is Sun Tea.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I used to make sun tea, but my gallon jar went astray & I've never gotten another. Then I got hooked on green tea & the rest is history.  ;) 

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this thunder storming morning, 92 5.1) at bedtime last night.  My stomach is messed up and I am wondering if something else is going on...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

78 last evening's number before dinner and 89 this morning. A sub 90 number makes my day  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

133 this morning.

Got my lawn mower back yesterday from the shop who told me the problem was a broken wire. I'd figured it wasn't getting spark, but sure couldn't find the trouble myself. For some reason, mice absolutely love the bit of insulation in wiring for nesting and it makes for very expensive repairs!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.  We had an inch of rain again last night.  It does help the field crops to grow faster and the weeds in our garden as well.

John = What an unfortunate happening for you to have to haul the mower into the shop for repair.  Then to find the reason for said repair is the tiny rodents that live in your garage or shed.  My husband has also experienced that circumstance.  He took to setting a trap baited with peanut butter next to the mower while in storage.

Barb - Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell.  Hope your problem goes away soon.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 (4.43) this morning.  Nice outside yesterday with a high of 91° (32.8°C) and a mild breeze.  Probably going to stay around that with another chance of thunderstorms this weekend.  Still getting smoke from the wildfire North of here and it is only 14% contained.  It is in a wilderness area and was started by lightening so they are pretty much letting it go as no structures are threatened.  Just wish the wind would shift to another direction.
@Tamagno, a common problem around here.  I have had to replace wiring in my car at several places because those darn mice really love the insulation.
@Barbara, Yeah, could be something going on and that is why your numbers are running higher.  Hope you get better soon.
@Shanny, I still have my gallon jar from several years ago.  I tried to find another one like it a while back and none were made of glass !  All were plastic and I just like glass so much better.  I didn't try looking on line but just decided to do with the one I have.
@Rocky, you have been posting some really nice numbers.  Good work.   ~hi5~
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 11, 2017, 09:47:42 AM
I have had to replace wiring in my car at several places because those darn mice really love the insulation.

Same here. And because of the rodents our garden has been home to a couple of rat snakes for a number of years. We know where they take residence and just be cautious when in that area. The snakes are otherwise harmless.

126 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this partly cloudy morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.  Numbers a bit lower...

Still not 100%.   

I had a pickup truck that I had to park outside and the mice totally ruined everything in the engine compartment. Also had marmots for a couple of years which didn't help.  I sold it to my new neighbor for $200 for his 14yo son to fix up.  The body is in great shape, but he is going to have to replace the guts

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 11, 2017, 09:47:42 AM
@Rocky, you have been posting some really nice numbers.  Good work.   ~hi5~

Thanks Wally, yours and bsg's are enviable.
77 for the evening and 91 fasting this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

158 this morning.

I've often been suspicious that my immune deficiencies were caused by Tick-borne disease carried by not only deer but rodents in this area. More is unknown about those spirochetes than is known, certainly.

Kathy, you're right that peanut butter traps are terrific. I really must put some out...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  It remains decent outside except for the smoke from the wildfire North of here.  It has consumed 15,000 acres and is 25% contained and full containment is projected to about the end of the month.  It would not be a problem if the wind would just go the other way. 
Yeah, the mice do attract snakes.  We have Gopher snakes that are large and harmless but they look a lot like rattle snakes so you have to look close.  We also have rattle snakes and you don't want to mess with them.  They can be deadly to humans and animals. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

86 this morning.  We've been getting storms on a regular basis.  The morning starts out bright and sunny and by time the sun goes down it is clouding up and we can expect thunder and lightening.  I'm not fond of storms.

Sometimes when I'm mowing the grass in our yard, them little rodents will run ahead of the mower and if they slow down I don't stop!  My mother-in-law always parked her car in the machine shed and the mice always found a home in the trunk.  If she wanted to drive the car to town, she first had to clean out the trunk.  She finally got tired of that and started setting traps in the trunk of her car....it fixed the problem.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this blue sky morning, 88 at bedtime last night too.

Feeling better, but not 100% yet.  Sure liked seeing those 88's!

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 12, 2017, 09:29:54 AM
We have Gopher snakes that are large and harmless but they look a lot like rattle snakes so you have to look close.  We also have rattle snakes and you don't want to mess with them.  They can be deadly to humans and animals.

We don't have rattle snakes, though there is a miniature reddish kind of snake with a small rattle and it is venemous. We do get an occasional Cobra in the garden and those can be really deadly. In fact the last one we had a couple of months ago was a big Cobra capable of knocking down an elephant. Thankfully, they don't stay because of the presence of our dogs and abundance of kites in our area.

121 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH