You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

My mum is not keeping well, so I've busy tending to her.
Didn't check the past couple of days. Today I was 99.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

113 today morning

Rocky- I was wondering where you were. Hope it is nothing serious and she is up on her feet soon.

Spaying set tomorrow. Nervous wreck. But I am telling myself that lightning does not strike the same place twice. Losing two dogs in 3 months won't happen...

Tamagno

153 this morning.

Interesting point about using a pen to bolus when over 250, Grammabear - I'm going to try it.

Falling is terrible, Bigskygal - no more, please!

Finally off pain meds - the Maestromobile (sitting patiently these past few months) beckons. I may be driving even today...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

110 this morning.  It is extremely foggy here - cannot even see across the yard.  You cannot see traffic going by on the road either.

John - The bit about using a syringe or pen to bolus when at 250 or over came from the pump trainer I had.  She was a registered nurse as well as a certified diabetes educator...very sharp lady in my opinion.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  Snap my yesterday.  That is a number I don't mind repeating.  Did I say how glad I am to be home ? LOL,
~hlu~

Well, the rains came.  We got just over 3/4 inch overnight.  It's sunny right now but the next storm should show up soon today.  Next series will be coming from the North and should bring snow. 
@Grammabear, I still don't know the amount, but areas of the northern part of the state have declared the drought over.  Further South, like where I am, are still not considered out of drought conditions but it sure will be if this keeps up. 
~clp~
@Barbara, sorry to hear you had another fall, scary.  I hope any fall you have is small and you sure don't want to have a fall like I had, God forbid. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 (5.26) this partly cloudy morning, 96 (5.32) at bedtime last night.  Don't know where those #'s came from.  Maybe I over did on the protein plus the sore ribs... I really don't like the falls at all, I fear, one day I might not be able to get up!

Got all the way up to 41°F (5.55°C) today, just a few drops of rain but there is lots of melting happening!   :)

This has been one of the coldest winters in a long time and more snow than normal too.

Rocky, hope your mum is better soon.

CCD, it will be OK.  There are so many puppies and kittens out in this world that will be euthanized.  Spaying is the best thing you can do for your dog!!

Yay John!  I know the feeling of not being allowed to drive and how freeing it is to once again be able to!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

forgot to test today.

surgery on right now. it's going to take an hour and then I wait for her to wake up before taking her home.

rocky

Mum is better now. She was having some difficult breathing. Some infection in the lungs I think.

Saw another 99 today.

You guys take care.

Shanny

Glad to see your mum is better.  :)

Tamagno

223 this morning.

Kathy, it's interesting you had a pump trainer tell you to use a pen - so much for all the "artificial pancreas" hype we hear.

Yesterday Sam and I managed only a drive around the block (four miles) to get the mail. Today we're going to Home Depot for furnace filters - I'm going to try their electric scooters.

I'm thinking of doing a "Top Gear"-type video on scooter acceleration, top speed, battery life, cornering and off road capabilities - lap times around the store may also be in order...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

I put off for a long time using the electric carts available in stores, and I'd be exhausted after every shopping trip. Once I tried one, I've been hooked and always use them now. Plus it's gotten me thinking about getting a power chair at home . . . I'm still puzzling on this because of the difficulty of loading/unloading it in the car. The ads make it look easy, but I'm sure it is not, especially for a couple of oldies who aren't nearly as strong as they used to be.

Carbcrazydog

Surgery went fine. She is doing good. Little drowsy and slow but that is to be expected.

I am finally breathing without fear now.  :P

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  It started snowing about 5:00AM this morning and at 11:20AM it is still coming down.  Snow covers my satellite dish and I lose internet so I had to wait for my BIL to get home and clean off the dish so I could post.  We have about 4 inches on the ground right now and it shows no sign of letting up.   ~wut~
There is supposed to be a break tomorrow and then Sunday the third storm hits and is supposed to be even bigger. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

96 (5.32) this foggy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night. Still perplexed by the numbers.

Wally, I hope that snow is not coming my way!!! Arg, just checked my weather app and looks like snow Sunday and Monday!  I still have lots on the ground and have trouble getting out of my driveway.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

97 this morning. Will be spending the weekend with my mum. She is better but needs me to be with her.