You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on July 20, 2017, 06:01:01 AM
Yesterday I went down to Best Buy to look at the 4th generation Apple TV and whatever else. Decided to stick with my older gen 2 that is still working and save my money for another day...

I bought mine in March/April this year. I don't know what generation it is. But it keeps me entertained for 2 hours every evening. Amazon has launched a competitive gadget known as the "Stick" which is 1/4th the cost.

79 pre-dinner and 116 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Much better numbers today. 86 before dinner and 91 fasting this morning. Looks like the infection has moved out finally.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

164 this morning.

SKB, I use both Roku and Apple TV. The latter allows me to stream photos as well as to easily listen to internet radio from all over while the former has better flexibility in accessing content. Apple and Amazon have been feuding so Amazon hasn't been available on Apple TV. My understanding is that will change this fall. I suppose with the newer smart TVs that neither is necessary but that would be the more expensive option.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  Running a bit high the last two days.  I'm a bit stuffy and feel blah so I think that may explain.   ~cof~
A bit cooler yesterday but only a couple of degrees.  Still a chance of thunderstorms Monday and Tuesday but only 20%.
Just realized I passed my 4 year anniversary of LCHF the third of July.  I had finally gotten fed up with my doctors approach and started doing some research.  My first stop was the ADA, I mean they should be the best place to go, right ?  Well it only took me a day to find out their information was bogus.  I found Jenny Ruhl's book Blood Sugar 101 and that got me started.  With some more research and LCHF forums I was able to get off my meds to try and control bg and found out that I could get far better results with diet and mild exercise.  So far it has been a huge success and I like to thank people, like those on this forum, that make it possible.  You can do all of the research and reading you want but it takes the knowledge and help of others like you to really make it work.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

71 (3.93) this morning.

Heat and humidity are on the rise here.  It is 82 (26C) at present with 89% humidity.  It's just like a sauna when you step outside.  My hubby is trying to clean up storm damage from one of the recent storms that came through this area.  He could use a chain saw but so far has refused to buy one saying his hand saw can do the jobs he needs to do......yeah right!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

96 (5.32) this clear morning, 80 (4.43) at bedtime last night. I'm not surprised, the stress I've been under was bound to raise my bg.

Ran errands today, missed last week, planned on Saturday then all  he!! broke loose.  Today was a "normal" day and Boo is settling down some.  This weekend will be quiet too and maybe Mon and Tues until I get the quotes.  I'm leaning towards one, but I want to see their quotes first.  Thunderstorms and rain in forcast for Tues & Wed next week.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 21, 2017, 09:22:00 AM
Just realized I passed my 4 year anniversary of LCHF the third of July.  I had finally gotten fed up with my doctors approach and started doing some research.  My first stop was the ADA, I mean they should be the best place to go, right ?  Well it only took me a day to find out their information was bogus.  I found Jenny Ruhl's book Blood Sugar 101 and that got me started.  With some more research and LCHF forums I was able to get off my meds to try and control bg and found out that I could get far better results with diet and mild exercise.  So far it has been a huge success and I like to thank people, like those on this forum, that make it possible.  You can do all of the research and reading you want but it takes the knowledge and help of others like you to really make it work.

Thanks Wally. I wish all the forum faithfuls from the earlier forum/s could find their way here. Forums all across the web have been hit hard by social media sites. That, though true, is surprising, because both these platforms are different from each other. There is an ongoing thread "Are forums a dying breed" on SMF Forum (which is the forum software that we use). The posts on that thread are disheartening & only confirm the thesis. But we're thankful to the faithful handful who visit these pages everyday and help forums survive.

109 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Shanny

I was thinking of smorgan the other day and wishing we hadn't lost him.

skb

Agreed. But I wonder how he would conduct himself here, without a few arguments always ongoing.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

80 before dinner and 94 this morning.

I'm not on any social media and this is the only forum I've ever been on. I found it quite by accident and don't even remember how, but boy, I'm ever so thankful I found this place. Keep doing your good work and don't bother about the rest.  ~2cnt~
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

154 this morning.

I am subscribed to Facebook but rarely go there for various reasons. Really, this chat room is the only one I use as it's the best I've seen for diabetics in so many ways. I've looked at a couple of others, but find this the friendliest both personally and technically while also being a great knowledge resource.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

71 (3.93) this morning.  Weather remains really nice here and it should stay the same for the rest of the month.  There is a chance of thunderstorms Monday and Tuesday but only 20%.
I am a subscriber to Facebook but I really don't follow it much.  Facebook and Twitter are the fastest way to get local news, especially about wildfires and someone is posting right away about events in the area so that is the main reason I use them.  There was a member of the "old forum" that started a group on Facebook and I did drop in but I found it hard to follow so I didn't stay with it.  I think a lot of younger people nowadays don't even own a desktop computer and just use a phone or tablet.   Still, there are a lot of people that drop by here but they don't stay and I don't know what the answer is to that.  I drop in to the "old forum" once in a while and there are only a couple of people there that were there when I was active.  One thing we can count on is that things change. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

91 (5.04) this morning.

Yesterday was another day of sunny skies in the morning and storms in the afternoon.  We got 2 more inches of rain for a total of 10 inches in two weeks.  It stormed again last night so that total might have risen.

My husband will be cleaning up storm damage for weeks yet.  My brother came yesterday to help him.  We would like the rain to stop for a while but Mother Nature has not heard our request obviously.

About a month ago I reduced my overall carb consumption even more and much to my surprise it seems to be working.  I've had to reduce my meal time insulin as well as my basal insulin.  Maybe I will even be lucky enough to shed a few pounds.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this sunny morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night. I think all the stress lately is hiking up my numbers some.

Boo has settled down, but Monday I will call the vet and see what she thinks.  The roof replacement is going to be terrible for him.  I'm imagining  at least a couple of weeks of disruption.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on July 22, 2017, 10:35:52 AM
About a month ago I reduced my overall carb consumption even more and much to my surprise it seems to be working.  I've had to reduce my meal time insulin as well as my basal insulin.  Maybe I will even be lucky enough to shed a few pounds.

It sure does and the weight loss is an added bonus.

98 pre-dinner and 123 this morning. No apparent reason for that hike except a new box of strips,
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club