You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

BSG, hope there was no other damage found due to the tree.

81 before dinner last evening ana 91 today.

I'm glad to be back in my own range after the recent throat infection.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

181 this morning.

My carb consumption stays almost exactly the same every day as I eat basically the same thing daily and is under 50. Basal rates have been constant for a couple of months as are boluses, so variations in FBG are due to other factors that are not always immediately apparent.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

95 (5.26) this morning.  I think it's still allergies but my head is quite stuffy and I also have a bit of a cough.  A little warmer yesterday but only a couple of degrees.  Still, you could feel the difference.
Of course being a type 2 is different but in order to keep my bg in an acceptable range without medication other than Metformin I need to keep my carbs down around 25 G a day.  I also have to keep an eye on my protein.  If I eat too much it also affects my bg. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

113 this morning.

I had several low blood sugar episodes last night, so it looks like another adjustment in basal rates is in order.  The rise in heat and humidity has a big influence on my 'numbers' and I can find myself in trouble if I'm not mindful of the numbers.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this blue sky morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

Rocky, I am not going to know the total extent of the damage until they remove the roof and see if there is truss damage and take off the siding to see if there is frame damage.  That is why I am still in a state of stress.

Possibility of some moisture tomorrow.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on July 23, 2017, 06:19:25 AM
variations in FBG are due to other factors that are not always immediately apparent.

Quote from: Grammabear on July 23, 2017, 10:46:11 AM
The rise in heat and humidity has a big influence on my 'numbers'

Both of these statements are so true. I find that strips are the major contributors to BG variations, but with a CGM it would be a different story. My own food menu is more or less set in stone, but I haven't really calculated the nutritional percentages in a long time. I should do that once in a while.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

My food is also more or less fixed and doesn't vary much from day to day. Yesterday was spent with mum and that always means some extra eating, if not the carby stuff. 84 last night before dinner and 97 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

144 this morning.

Raining and overcast here today. I was planning on a trip today to a permit office a couple of hours away but I may postpone it in favor of a sunny day as this looks like a good day to stay in...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

76 (4.21) this morning.  Temperature remains pretty constant at about 95° (35°C) with a chance of thunderstorms today and tomorrow.  We actually had thunderheads build up yesterday afternoon and it looked threatening for a while. 
I have never seen the temperature affect my bg but then we have low humidity and it stays nice in the house. 
Before I started my LCHF journey and before I joined diabetes forums, I thought type 1 diabetics had it easy because they could just cover anything they ate with insulin.  I even know someone who is on insulin and that is just what his doctor has told him.  One benefits of the forum is to see how others have to deal with all of the trials everyone has to deal with.  Obviously it is not nearly as easy as we are led to believe. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

62 (3.43) this morning.

I might be strange, but just taking a warm shower can drop my bg 30-50 points in a matter of minutes.  This happened to me this morning.  When I stepped into the shower I was 119, after I finished I was 60 with an arrow going straight down on the CGM.  An arrow going straight down means my bg is dropping at the rate of 3 pts per min.  I had to drink a small glass of milk.

Don't believe everything a doctor tells you about either T1 or T2.  Neither type has it easy.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

95 (5.26) this warm morning, 96 (5.32) at bedtime last night.

My first quote is coming in tomorrow.  This is the guy I am leaning toward.  He has been here 3 times  and always calls before he comes.  Haven't heard anything from the other contractor. 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Wally & Kathy, great insights, thanks for posting. I've never heard of or could have thought of, BG dropping with a shower. Kathy, you might have to repeat this a couple of times just to be sure and rule out that there could be other things at play. Very interesting.

120 fasting today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

I think she has, skb . . . I'm pretty sure I've seen her mention this before.

Tamagno

201 this morning.

I was 60 at onset of diabetes and it took a long time to be diagnosed type 1 and get insulin as a result. It certainly often seemed it would be easier to use insulin rather than the type 2 meds that didn't work but in retrospect I see both have many flaws.

What is sad is seeing diabetics using huge amounts of insulin and meds while eating carb-laden diets with the disease always worsening.

walkerwally1

79 (4.38) this morning.  We actually did get some rain yesterday.  Enough to get the concrete wet and have water running off the roof, but my rain gauge only recorded .01" so not exactly a downpour but thankfully no lightning.  Another chance for thunderstorms today and then it is out of here.
Actually type 2 in not that bad since going to LCHF.  Keeping bg in an acceptable range with diet and not having to adjust to any other medication is not hard.  If someone is comfortable with the LCHF way of eating there are no lows to deal with and as long as you keep a watch on what you eat highs are easy to control.  It does require that you stick to the diet !  That can be hard for some but I find it pretty easy.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024