You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on July 30, 2017, 11:37:46 PMI am so angry over this.  I am his only example of success and he wants to blow it. 

I have great rx coverage so it won't cost his practice/medicare anything...  I want to scream at this point...
I bet if I were you, I'd tell him exactly as you've told us. He's a complete moron if he thinks it's his own acumen that has gotten you to where you are - it's your own frequent testing and your own LCHF. He's done just about what many of our other doctors do - write the prescriptions. And he can't even do that right!  >:( 

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on July 31, 2017, 02:40:19 PM
He saw Medicare and only rx'd 1 strip a day as per their rules. But I don't use Medicare's drug program, I have an excellent private drug provider and they make no restrictions on any med I get.  So the nurse is putting in a new rx for 450 strips for the 3 month period which is what I got before and just about right on for my usage.  Phew!! One less thing to stress about!
But why is he checking the Medicare rules? He should be checking your own chart and all the information he needs should be right there. I'm getting a distinct feeling this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the box. Perhaps now he'll make some notes to himself on your chart so he knows better next time. Y'think?

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on July 31, 2017, 02:40:19 PM
Fortunately I was successful with my dr re the strips.  He saw Medicare and only rx'd 1 strip a day as per their rules. But I don't use Medicare's drug program, I have an excellent private drug provider and they make no restrictions on any med I get.  So the nurse is putting in a new rx for 450 strips for the 3 month period which is what I got before and just about right on for my usage.  Phew!! One less thing to stress about!

That's a great relief for you Barbara and surely one thing to stress about. Here, we pay for our medical supplies. I use about one box of 50 per month and it costs me about $ 8/- or so.

95 pre-dinner yesterday and 131 today morning. Had guests for dinner.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Wally, the hospital is revamping all their rules for Medicare patients and he is forced to go by those rules...even if he doesn't really understand them.  This is why my friend retired as his nurse, looking at all the new rules and regulations.

Shanny, this guy is truly not the sharpest knife in the drawer!  I have been on Medicare for 3 years and my private drug ins always covered however many strips I needed. So now all of a sudden what changed??  The hospital rules and he paid no attention to what my ins covered. I am going to look for a new pcp closer to home.  The hospital has a clinic much closer and they will have access to all my records so that is a plus. Once life has settled down, I will make some calls.

Poor Boo was even more terrorized by the workers coming inside than on the roof.  They have been gone since 4PM and he is still under the chair @ 8:15PM. He came out a few steps and ate a little, then ran right back under. I am really worried about him!  I still have to have all the trees cut down and that is just going to be more stress for him...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

116 today morning to be blamed on leftover pavbhaji. It is my weakness for sure.

Rocky- You are right. Indian husbands dont cook much. Things are changing as more and more women join the workforce and have an equally hectic schedule. But still there remains a slight mindset that it is not really their job. My grandmom who is 80 will be quick to make him something if he is hungry because "men" are not supposed to work in the kitchen. Thankfully my husband does not believe in that mindset but does take advantage of it a lot many times.  ::)

Tamagno- I should start cooking more stuff. We do not cook meat in the house due to religious reasons and cooking low carb vegetarian food requires so much more effort.

SKB- Call her friends and extended family and brag about your cooking skills. Life is too short and every single person needs to know!  :P

Shanny

Gosh, Paulomi, it sounds delicious to me too! Yum! I guess pav bhaji wouldn't be the same without potatoes & peas, but those are the ingredients causing the most trouble - and any bread it might be served with.  But 116 is sure not a horrible fasting number.

I was a bit under-the-weather last night, and my everlovin' fixed a bite for himself, which just never happens around here. He managed to put some meat & cheese between a coupla slices of bread! lol!   

rocky

BSG, I'm glad that you were able to sort out your strips issue. I'm sure the workforce will also be out of your house soon giving you and your cat stress free days again.

Today for the 3rd day in a row I'm at 93 fasting irrespective of the night's number. 
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

155 this morning.

A quick glance through any Asian cookbook reveals all manner of carbs lurking about whether vegetarian or not. I'm successfully replacing sugar with pure sucralose, for example, but that's no help with breads, breading or fruits not to mention potatoes, beans or the ubiquitous rice.

The no men in the kitchen policy is not confined to traditional Hindus! I've a number of male relatives who I think would starve before making a peanut butter sandwich and whose wives won't allow them near the stove.

If you watch "The Wild Chef" series on Netflix I think you get something of a picture of how men would often eat when left to our own inclinations...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 (4.64) this morning.  Starting today and through the weekend we have a 20% chance of thunderstorms each day.  It's a small chance but it could happen any time or place.  Thankfully we are using an enclosed trailer for moving.
I have always enjoyed cooking and that has helped me in going LCHF.  My dad was a good cook and cooked often.  My family never had the "women only in the kitchen" attitude but I know several friends where that is normal. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Both of my kids were taught how to cook simply because there might not always be someone around to do it for them. Now they both cook and do well at it. One married a lady who doesn't like to cook much, so that has worked out well, although I think they eat out a lot. The other married a lady who likes to cook, and they work together in the kitchen.

As I said above, my husband can put together a sandwich at least, and he used to get up & cook breakfast for himself, so I know he can do ham & eggs & toast!  ;)

Grammabear

106 this morning.  I had a unpleasant night of two hypoglycemic events which made for a restless night.  But today I will be more careful with watching my blood sugar numbers.

I grew up in a home where my Mother would not allow anyone in HER kitchen except when she was ill.  Then my Dad stepped in and made his infamous meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn which my sister and I absolutely loved.  If it had not been for my mother-in-law and her unending patience, I would not have learned how to do anything in the kitchen.

Both of my sons know how to cook and I'm glad they are interested in cooking healthy.  I think men can do anything women can do in the kitchen if they have the interest.  Personally I am grateful for a mother-in-law who taught me many things.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Snap Rocky! 93 (5.15) here too this smoky morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night. Stress.. I didn't sleep well last night and feel really tired today.

They are hanging the dry wall in the bathroom today.  They were going to come tomorrow, but had time this afternoon.  This is good as it puts things a day ahead!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Well, 91 this morning.

I can cook eggs any which way and also make my own coffee. Other than that, I usually eat outside or whatever my mum makes.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

110 today morning.

Lovely discussion on men and women cooking. I make sure that both the kids help me in the usual cleaning and stuff. I hate the social norm here that even when you are invited as guests to someone's place for lunch or dinner, the women are expected to go and help actively in the cooking while the male members including the host are all chatting. It is always an argument I have with my mother in law where she will invite 25 people for lunch at the same time and bank on the 10 women for help on the 15 varieties of food she will make.

If i cannot cook for many, I order from out and make sure everyone sits and chats irrespective of gender. Even when my in laws visit. I am more particular post kids as I do not want them to believe what is unfair to be normal.

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Before I got married my eating was terrible and very erratic with no actual sit down meals, often eating just tofu or fruit just because it was cheap and easy. The early life of a musician is filled with very long practice days and not much money so food options are limited.

Marriage for me was a civilizing influence certainly. Interestingly, my first real cooking was a variety of Indian foods which I was attracted to because of the fascinating spices and flavors.

Yesterday I made a Thai green curry vegetable salad that was good. Haven't figured out yet what will be tonight...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost