You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

I had forgotten how it was to feed those boys with "hollow legs" but just this past weekend we went through almost 3 dozen eggs...can you believe that?  Grandson is not tall but he sure can pack it away IF it is something he likes.  I can remember just a year ago about this time he was very ill and weighed less than 100 pounds.  It makes me feel happy to see him enjoy eating once again.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this partly cloudy morning,
90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

More blue sky today!  Light breeze from the East blew the smoke against the mountains to the West. Yay!  Fires still burning, but at least a respite from the smoke here.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Still reeling under the infection. It has become a bit aggravated. I had fever last night. It's been a long time since I've been this sick. No test today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Sorry, skb. Get well soon.

Tamagno

122 this morning.

Well, another dilation procedure this Thursday means a diet of clear liquids only the next three days so I'm eating as much as I can before the time limit. Hopefully, this is the last one!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

@skb & wally, wish you both a quick recovery from the bug.
@ tamagno, hope this is the last procedure and that you are able to enjoy solids.

80 before the dinner last evening and 92 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

76 (4.21) this morning.  Cooling down to 96° (35.56°C) today and tomorrow then back to over 100°.
Looks like I don't have to worry about a bug after all.  Thanks Rocky, looks like all is good.
SKB, hope you are feeling better soon.
Tamagno, hope this is the last procedure you have to go through.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this once again smoky morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

Well, the smoke has returned.  :(

skb, hope you get well soon.

Tamagno, I too hope this is the last procedure you have to go through.

I don't know how I missed this...yeah, I do, everything going on here... the 13th was my 4 year anniversary cancer free!!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Still down, after about 2 days. I have mild fever which keeps showing up every 6 hours or so. Hopefully I will be fine today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

111 today.

Sorry have been away. There was a lot on my plate, work wise and some stuff to deal on a personal front.

Tamagno- good luck with your surgery. skb- get well soon! hope it is nothing serious.

Have not been able to catch up with many posts but hope everyone is well.

Ganesh Chaturthi coming up next week. And then i will be flying home for Navratri next month. Festive season has started.

rocky

Hey ccd, Great to hear from you. Hope everything settles down into its own space and you post here regularly.
skb, Get well soon.

95 today fasting number.
My life is based on a true story.

Grammabear

125 this morning.  Spent most of yesterday trying to resolve an online purchase I made for a Cpap machine.  The online merchant did not send what I paid for and refused to answer phone messages and emails left at their number.  Today I will try a different approach by stopping payment on my credit card to see if I can get a response from them.

Skb - I hope you feel better soon.  It used to be that whenever our grandson would visit when he was younger, he would bring the virus that was going around his daycare center or school along with him.  But your granddaughter is too young for that.  Sorry you are feeling poorly.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

83 (4.6) this morning.  Going to leave soon to have bloodwork this morning.  Still checking on the electrolytes as I am still taking supplements after the hypercalcemia.  I will have a new A1c also. 
Cooler today with a high of only 96°
but back to over 100°
tomorrow.

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this partly cloudy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

The sky is partly cloudy on the East side of my house, but on the West side all I see is smoke.

skb

I tested today & it was a pleasant surprise. 101 fasting. I've been eating strict and very small portions. The flu thingy is on it's way out. I feel less energetic which is normal in this condition.

Everyone displays slightly different symptoms when smitten by viral infection. My symptoms have been consistent for as long as I can remember. (a) my palms & throat feel very hot on the inside (b) there is very mild or no fever at all (c) loss of energy & inertia in the legs. And when the infection clears out, it results in chest congestion which lingers for weeks.
I was wondering, what are the internal secretions / hormonal processes / biochemical pathways that give rise to these sensations. Maybe some of you can throw some light on this.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club