You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

@bsg, hope you get some snow or rain soon. That fire is getting out of hand. Be safe.

@grammabear, you are lucky to grow your own veggies. You know for sure what you are eating and how pure it is.

80 before dinner and 91 today morning. I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning up the apartment. It was long overdue. A lot of work, but very rewarding in the end.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

118 today morning for me too- same as skb.

Went to the gym today morning and planning to make it a regular thing now. Have been laid back for too long now.

Kids are at a lovely age and i am enjoying them so much. 0-2 years have been pretty stressful for me with both kids. But i enjoy seeing them together so much now! Son is going to be 5 in November and daughter is 2.5 now. And a total chatterbox. The one issue is that she gets super chatty when she has to go to the bathroom and i have to keep on telling her to first finish her business so we can go out. All her school stories, friends, birds, animal stories start there  ::)

Tamagno

130 this morning.

BigSkyGal, thanks for the link!

Seems crazy with the fires out west, but it's time to start thinking about getting firewood in for the winter. Last year's batch was so dirty that every piece had to be brushed before stacking so I'm looking for another supplier.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

84 this morning.

bsg ~ Thank you for the tip on how to learn more about the fires in your area.  It isn't mentioned much on the national news and I think it certainly should be.  Do they always know how these fires start?  I think it is so very sad when lives are lost.

Rocky ~ My husband grew up on a dairy farm and his father always enjoyed planting a garden, so hence my husband also enjoys watching things grow.

Tamagno ~ If we were neighbors we could provide you with all the firewood you could use.  The storms here over the Summer so far have caused our old trees to drop limbs which are sizeable.  My husband has to then cut them up in the proper length and split them for firewood.  We have a fireplace but don't seem to find the time to have a fire very often during the Winter.  It is hard finding clean wood to burn.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 (4.93) this morning.  It's supposed to get to 99° today with a chance of thunderstorms later this afternoon.  Looks like we will be around 106-107° by the weekend.  Off to the dentist for a cleaning this morning and then back home to get a view of the eclipse.  We are supposed to see about a 70% max coverage but still it will be interesting.
In past years we were on propane and when it was around $4 a gallon fire wood was a necessity.  We had three wood stoves in the old house and it is a chore to build a fire every day and clean the ashes out all of the time.  Now we are on natural gas and a fire is only for atmosphere.  There is a wood stove and a fire place but it is not a necessity anymore.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

We use an electric wall heater for the days when it isn't necessary to have a fire going round the clock - just need to take the edge off in the mornings. We've never had propane or fuel oil, so electric is all there is.

Then as it gets colder, we crank up the Blaze King & it's so big we can run it for a week or so before we need to empty the ashes. This old Missouri oak firewood burns for hours & hours, and the stove is efficient enough that there isn't much left when it's given up all the BTUs. Oak embers last so long we hardly ever have to build a new fire.

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this continued smoky morning,
86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, this fire was started by lightening from the same thunderstorm that put the tree on my roof.  It has been burning since July15.  It is now at 31,500 acres burned and only 7% contained. There are almost 1,000 people fighting it, the National Guard came in to help on Saturday.

This is the first time since I moved here from CA in 2004, that firefighters have died doing their job.  One died in the Lolo Peak fire and one died in another fire North of me. I lived in the Sierras in CA and we had many fires there too. The year before I moved there was one in the valley below my home.  I had everything important in my car at all times and when I would leave home I would say goodbye to it because it could be gone at any time. That was in the Stanislaus Forest, when I moved here I picked the valley floor in very open land...except for all the cottonwoods on my property..

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on August 21, 2017, 12:25:51 AM
Went to the gym today morning and planning to make it a regular thing now. Have been laid back for too long now.

That's a good plan ccd. Keep it up.

79 before dinner last evening and 91 again today morning.

Carbcrazydog

106 today morning. Post gym again :)

I can swear the bed is calling me out loud when i wake up at an ungodly hour. And my kids and husband are all sleeping without a care of the world. I wish i was one of those naturally thin people who look so elegant and in control while working out. Half of the time i am stifling a yawn and the other half waiting for the hour to end and rush back home and snuggle with my kids.

Tamagno

110 this morning.

Thanks for the offer, Grammabear! I used to harvest all my own wood, but it's become far too difficult physically and I'll burn somewhere around eight cords. While it's a chore to run my two stoves, it's still cheaper than burning oil and gives plenty of nice heat. When I first started some years back, people were spending $1,000/month on fuel oil!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

75 (4.16) this morning.  Only had two chicken legs for dinner last night and it shows this morning. 
We used to harvest our own wood also and this is the time of year to start.  We would get a permit from the Forest Service and could cut 2 cords for $15 for each permit.  You had to go to areas they designated so it usually was a long drive.  The last few years it was just too difficult so we bought our wood but that is expensive.  We were getting Almond for $250/cord. and we went through about 4 cords a winter + about $1400 of propane.  Heating with Natural Gas is going to be much cheaper.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

138 this morning. 

Years ago when my father-in-law was running his dairy farm and selling cords of wood as a way to make a little money, he would charge $45 a cord.  He would make wood, stack it and people from Chicago and other larger cities would buy all the wood he could make.  He always had enough for himself as he had a wood furnace to heat his whole house.  The wood he sold was maple.

Bsg - It is horribly sad when firefighters lose their lives in the line of duty but also sad that the trees are burning.  I appreciate you taking time to explain how these fires get started.  Sometimes Mother Nature does not behave very nicely.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

96 (5.32) this smoky morning, 94 (5.21) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

BTW, how much is a cord ? Is it by weight or volume ?

128 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

80 before dinner last evening and 93 today morning.

Yesterday, I slipped and sprained my ankle. I won't be going to the gym for a couple of days  >:(