You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

92 (5.1) this morning.  A little cooler yesterday with a high of 105° but yesterday evening we did get some rain, not a lot but enough to get the concrete wet and it did raise the humidity.  Right now at 7:00 AM the humidity is at 51% and that is not good when we depend on an evaporative cooler.  Some areas South and East of here have seen much heavier thunderstorm activity and I hope it stays there.
One thing about the weather, 'tis what it 'tis and we cannot change that.
Tamagno, hope the test is good news.
Barbara, I don't know how you managed 30 days with this thing connected.  Two more hours and I can take it off and I will be quite glad.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Believe this or not but here in northern Illinois the weather is hazy and we smell smoke from wildfires in northern Canada.  I think this is the first time since we've lived here that this has happened.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

102 (5.65) this so smoky morning, 101 (5.6) at bedtime last night.

The smoke is getting to me again.  Even my cat is sneezing a bit.

Tamagno, hope all goes well for you.  The show I watched was on the Discovery Channel.  It is called Expidition Unknown "India's Atlantis" S3 Ep16.  You may be able to watch it on the site or the Go App if you have that.

Thanks for the info skb!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 31, 2017, 10:08:27 AM
One thing about the weather, 'tis what it 'tis and we cannot change that.

I think we've changed it a lot already, but yes, we have to make do with what we have.

92 before dinner and 118 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Sorry Tamagno, it isn't Discovery channel, it is the  Travel channel. My mistake...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Carbcrazydog

112 today morning.

Here are some interesting answers on Dwarka. https://www.quora.com/Why-was-the-ancient-city-of-Dwarka-submerged-in-the-sea

I have a funny story about Dwarka though. The God that Dwarka is related to is Lord Krishna and he is worshipped as Dwarkadhish there. Indian Gods are supposed to take different avatars and Dwarkadhish is one of those. My family primarily follows and worships that avataar. So when my son was going to be born, my mom visited one of the temples and a pujari (the temple worshipper) told my mom that God is himself going to come in a baal swaroop (child like avataar) at your place. And he will have a distinguishing feature so you will know its him. My son was born with a mole at the exact place (on his chin) where Dwarkadhish has a diamond studded. It also has the same shape.

Complaining about my son is a lost cause in front of my mom now. :) She dotes on him and equally on my daughter who has no distinguishing marks but has a charm that will melt hearts.

rocky

Interesting, the link to the old city of Dwarka. Would love to pay a visit sometime.

75 before dinner yesterday and 87 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

131 this morning.

SKB, where I grew up there was a river that flooded severely every year. My grandfather kept a row boat for it and would row downtown on the flooded Main Street and replace any burned out street lights annually. The clean up was always a terrible mess. You have my sympathy!

Naturally, I looked at a number of YouTube videos regarding Dwarka which is fascinating (great story, CCD!). Things get pretty weird when you start looking into these things - including Atlantis as well as Mu in the pacific basin - so it's hard to separate fact and fiction but it's an interesting topic!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  We had quite a lightening show last night and a bit of rain.  I don't know how much rain as my rain gauge is still at the old house but everything is wet this morning.  Humidity is 50% right now but the temp is not bad yet.  Heading to 106° today and 107° tomorrow. 
SKB, yeah, I do believe you are right and we are definitely having an impact on the worlds weather, even though there are those who hide their heads in the sand in denial.  Unfortunately we are left to deal with what happens. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 84 (4.65) here too this morning.  95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

Thanks for that link Paulomi!

Wally, it wasn't pleasant being hooked up for 30 days that is for sure. The good side is that it didn't find any problems!

Had some blue sky today for a little bit.  I finally broke down and took an allergy pill this morning and that has helped my breathing today.

skb

I was reading an article on Migratory Birds recently. India plays host to many species of migratory birds from Central Asia right up to Siberia. I've photographed some of these avian friends for a couple of years about a decade ago. Our wetlands are being fast encroached upon and many are drying up rapidly. Bharatpur, near Delhi was last visited by Siberian Cranes in the year 2002. That, is a serious impact of climate change, and you can see it in many spheres. It is a serious challenge and I doubt we're up to the task of making amendments in our life. You might have also read about continent sized shelves of ice breaking off at both poles. Mankind is surely in denial and our Diabetic experience tells us, what happens to those in denial.

100 pre-dinner and 116 fasting.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

This is the sad part of human development. We have indeed degraded the planet and depleted its resources, one of which is water. I try to look at the brighter side and hope that we can find a scientific solution to the issue.

79 before dinner last evening and 92 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

97 this morning.

My firewood arrived yesterday. In the aftermath of Harvey, the gas stations have raised their prices $0.45/gallon so I'm guessing heating oil will go up similarly. Looking like a good winter to burn wood...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Loss of wetlands figures in heavily with the hurricane damage in Houston . . . for years they've allowed developers free rein in draining and paving over the natural wetlands and now they're paying a very high price. The developers have taken the money & run. Houston is left with nothing to absorb the impact of this horrific storm. I have no doubt that changes in climate are partially responsible for the severity of the storm, and adding insult to injury, the loss of the wetlands has added to the severity of the resulting damage. In so many words, some of this horror is self-inflicted.

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  We had a high of 102° yesterday which is not too bad, it's supposed to get to 107° today.  Humidity right now is 34% which is high for here.  It looks like we will be getting cooler after today but chance of thunderstorms all next week.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024