You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

I can sleep forever in cold weather. I've set my air conditioner to switch off one hour before I wake up, otherwise I'd just sleep on.

79 last evening before dinner and 89 this morning for fasting. 
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Our upstairs bedrooms have neither heat nor cooling, so when it gets very hot, I sleep in the living room where there's air-conditioning. But in the winter, I can sleep all day in a very cold room with blankets piled on a foot deep! My everlovin' likes the electric blanket, but none of that for me. I just love my little cocoon under several wool and cotton blankets. I swear there have been times water would've frozen in the room, but I'd never know it!

bigskygal

I have always slept with my bedroom window open, Winter or not. With the smoke this year it is closed. I sleep so much better in the cold with just a light down quilt. And of course Boo over my legs.  :)

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

84 this morning.

Got boluxed up yesterday and didn't manage to post. My visit to the neuro Opthalmologist took over four hours and pretty much wrecked the day. Most everything is okay except my pupils are different sizes so I'm getting another brain MRI to check.

I'm thinking of starting some sort of travel blog of doctors and hospitals in my area for the intrepid medical explorer...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

92 (5.2) this morning.  We got some thunderstorm activity yesterday, lightening, thunder and a downpour of rain for a while.  It wet things down pretty good and cooled it down a bit. 
No doubt about it Florida got hit hard.  The Florida Keys, a chain of islands on the Southern tip of Florida, was devastated with major damage and many homes and buildings destroyed. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

112 this morning.

I love sleeping in a cool room and would sleep with the window open in the winter season but my everlovin' husband says that is too cold.  If the room is cool I also could sleep all day I think.

We are getting a temporary temperature increase up to the upper 70s and 80s.  I'll take it while it is here as I'm sure that really cold temperatures are just around the corner.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

97 (5.37) this morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

The smoke has kept the temps down here. Wonder of all wonders there is rain in the forecast for Thursday and Friday!! Snow above 6000'! And another front for next week Tuesday!! Not season ending events, but will help with fire control.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 12, 2017, 10:10:57 AM
We got some thunderstorm activity yesterday, lightening, thunder and a downpour of rain for a while.

Same here.

90 pre-dinner and 111 fasting today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Geesh!  I just looked out the window to the mountains to the West and there are at least 11 spot fires burning up the hill!!  Pray that it snows up there Thursday!

I go to the Oncologist tomorrow up in town.  It will be the first time I've gone up there since the Lolo Peak fire started. I am sure the burn area will be visible from the highway...

rocky

BSG I hope you get some rain or snow soon.

Met in the evening helps, I think.

77 before dinner last evening and 89 again for today.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

110 today morning and a surprising 94 yesterday morning

Anyone ever dealt with knee joint pains? Maybe it was due to some excess gym on Friday but i feel as my knees have locked and walking the stairs or bending the knees is painful. Hit the gym yesterday and did the cross trainer and i was fine but while climbing the stairs today i couldnt climb past 3 floors before the pain hit.

Maybe a circular motion is not hurting but climbing stairs is hurting? Any advice would be appreciated.

Shanny

I definitely have knee joint pain, Paulomi, but I'm twice your age & it comes with the territory!  ;)  I wear an elastic knee brace which seems to help a little.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on September 13, 2017, 01:15:50 AM
110 today morning and a surprising 94 yesterday morning

Anyone ever dealt with knee joint pains? Maybe it was due to some excess gym on Friday but i feel as my knees have locked and walking the stairs or bending the knees is painful. Hit the gym yesterday and did the cross trainer and i was fine but while climbing the stairs today i couldnt climb past 3 floors before the pain hit.

Maybe a circular motion is not hurting but climbing stairs is hurting? Any advice would be appreciated.

As Shanny says, at your age, you should not be having knee pain. That said, if it is hurting, there's a cause for it. In all likelihood it is the gym. I guess you should go slow for a while and ease into your routine, and take it one step at a time. Even with climbing stairs, go a couple of floors for a few days, build on that and then scale up your routine. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

128 this morning.

Fuel oil prices here are already jacked up from the hurricanes and I expect they'll stay that way awhile. Looks like I'll be burning a lot of wood and hoping for a mild winter.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

91 this morning.

Today it is so foggy that you can't see across the highway.

The fuel prices here are up about 50 cents per gallon already and are expected to climb higher.  We heat with electricity and that's always high so we bundle up in the house and keep the thermostat set lower.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."