You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

93 (5.15) this morning.  Definitely cooled down which is good as the humidity is higher right now.  It looks like the moisture will be mostly out of here after today.
Paulomi, like Shanny and SKB have said, knee pain from age is a different thing caused by a long time of wear on the joint.  I would also guess that it is from the exercise and should go away soon. 
In this house we are heating with natural gas so the cost is quite a bit lower than using propane in the other house.  Even though it can get quite cold here in the winter heating expense won't be too bad.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night. Numbers are jumping around, I think it depends on the amount of smoke in the air that makes me nauseous.

The fires I saw last night have grown on the mountain side and are flooding my valley with new smoke. I sure hope the weather people are right about rain/snow tomorrow and Friday...

Dr appointment went well. One more check up in 6 months and a CT scan to check on the nodules in my chest and I will be declared cancer free!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

We too hope you get the rain or snow tomorrow, Barbara.

94 pre-dinner. Didn't check today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: skb on September 13, 2017, 10:24:55 PM
We too hope you get the rain or snow tomorrow, Barbara.

Me too.
@ccd, I agree with what the others have said. When I was way overweight and started gym, my knees would hurt badly. With time, and dropping weight that problem has resolved on its own.

Another day of lower numbers. 74 before dinner and 88 this morning. 
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Thanks everyone! Its slightly better. I guess i will let it rest for a couple of days and then start gym slowly from Saturday. Running so busy with work and home. Today got up at 6 30 to go to the gym but the 4 year old woke up. And wanted to hear stories.

109 today morning. My FIL who is a diabetic is here and is telling me how good my numbers are and how i should not obsess over it!  :-X

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on September 14, 2017, 12:29:30 AM
My FIL who is a diabetic is here and is telling me how good my numbers are and how i should not obsess over it!  :-X

My FIL who was not a diabetic told me the same thing. He died of pancreatic cancer a couple of years ago. May God rest his soul.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

134 this morning.

I've another brain MRI this morning so I'm going to have to get my practicing done fast and early. It's a balmy 67 here this morning that's at least temporarily vanquishing thoughts of impending cold. Apparently the humming birds have better sense, however, as they've nearly vanished as they migrate south.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  We are getting closer to fall temps, for here anyway, overnight low 62° and yesterdays high 93° will look a lot like Summer temps to a lot of people but it is a break for here.  We are even expecting to get highs below 90° the next few days. 
CCD, glad to hear it is getting better, rest does wonders.  It is not unusual for people to accuse you of being obsessed because they have no idea how to control diabetes and it seems like obsession to them.  It is in fact how we do control our diabetes and the thing none of them can understand is how we do it. 
Rocky,  ~gjb~
Barbara, really good news about the Dr. Appointment.  Hope you get the rain.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this cloudy morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

We had a little rain overnight and it just started to sprinkle about 1/2 hour ago.  I saw on Twitter that there is snow in the high passes in Glacier National Park, not a huge amount so far, but if rain continues here it could be very helpful. I can't see the mountains to the West as they are covered in clouds/smoke, there may be snow there too.

Temp today was 52°F (11.1°C) tonight's low predicted 38°F (3.33°C) so higher elevations will have snow! Yay! It isn't going to be enough to put all the fires out, but it will help.

On Tues evening I took another small fall.  Bruised my ribs and rt hip. It only hurts when I sneeze...
[/size]

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Shanny

The 'like' is for the rain/snow . . . no like for the fall. And bruised ribs are the worst - so sensitive.  ~hug~

rocky

Quote from: Shanny on September 14, 2017, 10:10:15 PM
The 'like' is for the rain/snow . . . no like for the fall. And bruised ribs are the worst - so sensitive.  ~hug~

I will second that.

78 last evening before dinner and 91 this morning. Up a bit, but it could be due to some french fries that i had.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

121 this morning.

Ditto on that "like" for the rain, but not the fall!

Yesterday's MRI didn't happen because of the port in my chest and has to be rescheduled at a facility with a less strong magnetic field.

Today is another trek down to Yale to see the surgeon. No problems but it'll likely occupy the entire day. I'm hoping I'll not have to see him again any time soon.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this morning.  Weather right now is quite nice.  It looks like it will stay right here for the next few days at least.
Tamagno. I have a problem with MRIs because my artificial heart valve is in a metal sheath much like a stent.  The manufacture of the valve says that MRIs may be possible but special procedures have to be followed.  It scares the heck out of me and it would have to be a life threatening situation before I would go through it.  Hopefully your situation is not as bad.
Baebara, bummer about the fall but the rain and snow is a good sign, just hope it increases. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

178 (9.86) this morning after a low of 54 (2.99) last night.  Sigh.......don't like lows that wake me out of a sound sleep.

We have sunshine this morning and 68 deg.  There is 'possible' rain in our forecast for Sunday.  This area is under drought conditions at present as we are way below seasonal rain totals.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

74 (4.1) this rainy morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

Light rain overnight and more snow in the mountains. Yay! It barely smells smoky outside at all.  that is a good sign.  I still can't see the mountains to the West as they are covered with clouds. It has drizzled here all day long on the valley floor. Hope it rained/snowed more at higher elevations.

Thanks everyone! Yes, sore ribs are very sensitive.