You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

BSG, Finally great news from your end.

79 last evening before dinner and 89 this morning's fasting number.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

125 this morning.

After a lot of confusion, the MRI affair seems to have been settled and will happen Monday. Concern over nerve damage around my brain stem necessitates the matter, although I personally think it's really nothing.

On a more positive note, my visit with the surgeon went well and I won't have to see him again until February!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

112 this morning.

Barbara - So glad you got some rain at your place.  Hope it continues to help with the smoke situation.

Tamagno - It's always a good thing when the doctor gives you good news and you don't have to see him for a few months.

It continues to be unseasonably warm here with a high of 90 deg F predicted for today.  All of our grass is now brown instead of green.  It has been over a month since we've had rain which is not good news for the farmers in the area.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  Weather here is quite nice now and nothing to complain about !  We have a small lawn in the front of this house and our next door neighbor is a landscaper so we let him take care of it.  No need for a lawnmower !   :D
Water is expensive here in the desert so lawns are not common and if this was not already here it would not be allowed.
Tamagno, good news about your doctors appointment.  Hope the MRI comes out well. 
Barbara, yeah !  hope there is more rain/snow and the fires are finally contained.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Rocky! 89 (4.93) here too this partly cloudy blue sky morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

The rain and snow have made a huge difference! Hardly can smell any smoke and the sky is blue except for the clouds.  They got quite a bit of snow on the higher elevations plus the much cooler temps have really slowed the fires. The mountains to the West of me are topped with snow but there is still some fire at lower elevations.  Much less than before though. Another storm front expected Tuesday.  Hope that puts the fires to rest for good.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on September 16, 2017, 06:24:52 AM
On a more positive note, my visit with the surgeon went well and I won't have to see him again until February!

That is good news tamagno.  ;D

Happy for you, BSG. You deserve smoke free air.

77 for the evening and 90 today morning.

Tamagno

165 this morning.

Still working on switching pumps and have been trading phone messages with the Tandem rep to get insurance issues resolved. Everything appears to grow more complex once Medicare is involved which evidently is in the habit of changing regulations at their whim. I think it will work out, however.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  We reached a high temp of 89° yesterday.  I think that is the first day below 90° since moving here.  It's supposed to be 94° today though but looking like it will be in the 80's in a couple of days.
That sounds like good news Barbara.  Clear skies are a wonderful thing !
Tamagno, yes, dealing with Medicare can be a horribly frustrating thing.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

94 this morning.

I saw an American Robin this morning apparently it is migrating south as we usually don't see them once Summer is over. 

Tamagno - You are correct in saying that Medicare apparently changes their rules on a whim.  Those folks that are using the G5 Dexcom system have been waiting a long time for Medicare to make up their minds about covering the expense of that system.  I wish you the best.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

82 (4.54) this cloudy morning, 83 (4.6)
at bedtime last night.

Clean air again today! It is lovely. There is a small fire in the mountains to the west of me, but it has gotten smaller as the day progressed. I think they are letting it go until next week's weather passes through. That should put it out.

I am fortunate in that I don't have to deal too much with Medicare. They and my supplemental policy cover my dr visits and I have private drug coverage that is stellar.

Tomagno, glad you  are free of surgeon visits for a while.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Yesterday (sunday) was a lazy day. I mostly slept or watched some TV and did some cleaning of course. 81 for the evening and 91 for fasting today.

Tamagno

131 this morning.

We are presently enjoying a spate of good and summery weather which is wonderful. With some luck it'll continue for a couple of more weeks before fall sets in for good!

Grammabear

100 this morning.

Yesterday our refrigerator quit working and we had to spend the rest of the day shopping for a new refrigerator that would fit into the space.  We finally found one but they cannot deliver it until Wednesday.  We had to throw out all the food in our freezer and most of what was in the refrigerator itself.  I'm hoping today will be a better day for us.  At least the sun is shining and it is nice and warm.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  We have been in the low 90s for high temps the last few days.  Thursday, the first day of Fall in the Northern Hemi, we are supposed to be 76-78° which will be much more Fall like.  Alas, it is supposed to be back to the 90s after that.  They are talking about a chance of snow in the Northern Sierras !
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this cloudy morning, 80 (4.43)
at bedtime last night.

It is 49°F (9.44°C) and raining!! Has been for about 3 hours. It is the beginning of the rain they forecast for tomorrow. Hope the rain lasts all night!

Grammabear, so sorry about your refrigerator. Been there done that when I first moved up here.