You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

82 this morning.  We got a dusting of snow overnight and now everything is white and clean looking again.

I sometimes bolus from Dexcom readings, but only if I 'trust' the readings I'm seeing.  Right now my sensor is 12 days old and absolutely spot on as far as accuracy - however it depends on how old the sensor is and where the placement is before I do trust it.  Right after insertion the first day or two, I would not trust it enough to bolus.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

110 (6.09) this morning.  Not sure what I did to deserve that but 'tis what 'tis.  We have a warming trend !  16° (-8.9°C) this morning.  Well, better than the 12° yesterday but still pretty cold.  High yesterday was 35° (1.7°C) so some snow melt but not much. 
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area in the Sierras received 246 inches of new snow from 1/1 to yesterday, over 20 feet, for a new all time record.  Same story for the rest of the Sierras which goes a long way to ending the drought.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this partly cloudy morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

Still not much melting here. It got up to 30°F (-1.11°C) today and will be that low for another couple of days, then on Sunday and Monday predicted temps of 40°F (4.44°C).

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Hello everyone,
Just back from Budapest after meeting with my granddaughter. Spent 3 days in a wine making region where the temperatures were -20oC. The wine surely helps keeping one warm.
After all the wayward & airline food eating, I'm starting a new page with 135. Surely I've put on 10 lbs as well. But, it is worth it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

103 today morning and 111 yesterday.

skb- Good to know you had such a nice trip.

Resort trip planned with kids tomorrow for the entire day. Dog doing great. Hungry all the time. Guess I am rightly called the carbcrazydog...

Grammabear

72 (4) this morning.  The weather got colder overnight at 24 deg F (-4C) and the forecast is for light snow.  Would prefer to stay home but have to get groceries today.

skb - Glad you had a lovely trip and got to meet and cuddle with your granddaughter.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  Temp. was 26° (-3.3°C) at 5:00 AM so a lot warmer than yesterdays 16° (-8.9°C) but by 6:00 AM it was down to 19° (-7.2°C) but still warmer than yesterday.  We only got up to 38° (3.3°C) for a high yesterday so not a lot of snow melting going on.  It's supposed to be warming up this weekend so I hope we get some of this out of here.  Right now my poor little Honda Civic would not be able to get out of the driveway but then I am in no condition to drive right now but I believe I will be able to soon.  I'm still using the walker but I am depending on it less and less.  I's has been 4 weeks today since the surgery and the doctor says typically people can do without the walker after about 6 weeks.  I think I am on that schedule.   ~clp~
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this partly cloudy morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

Still pretty cod here too, not much melting yet.  It got up to 24°F (-4.44°C) today and overnight predicted to be 17°F (-8.33°C) but it is already 15°F (-9.44°C) so it will prpbably go lower!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

162mg/dl here.

Dropping down into the low 20s overnight . . . days are warming up toward freezing. No precipitation though.

rocky

Hey folks,

How are you all doing. I recorded a 92 today morning  ;D

Mum's back to home. Spent 2 days in the hospital for observation. I think she will be fine now.
My life is based on a true story.

skb

145 this morning. Reminder of the power of the liver to provide when not required  :o

Rocky, hope your mother feels normal and gets back to routine soon.
Wally - You are known as walkerwally for a good reason and you'll be walking to your full potential soon.
Paulomi - Hope you have a great time and outing with the family.

And all those in the snow, I've just returned from a trip where it was -20oC so I knwo how things must be. Take care, keep warm.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

121 this morning.

PET scan showed no new tumors, thank God. Surgery is on for 2/27...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

84 (4.6) this morning.  Dexcom also said I was 84.  This sensor is 14 days old and still accurate, must be a fluke.  Our temperature is 27 F (-2C).  Still no sunshine - it has to be shinning somewhere in the world.

Shanny - your fasting is improving nicely, definitely a difference from a month ago.

Rocky - Glad your Mum is home and I hope she will continue to improve.

Tamagno - I'm relieved the Pet scan showed no new tumors.  How are you feeling overall considering what you've endured?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

79 (4.38) this morning.  Grammabear, we were at 28° this morning at 5:00 AM but bright and shiny so the sun shines here.  We managed to get up to 46° (7.8°C) yesterday and maybe warmer today.  We need to get some of this snow melted so warmer is better.
@Tamagno, great that the PET scan showed no further cancer.  Now you can go on with treatment.
@Rocky, good news about your Mum.
@SKB, well, right now walking is a bit of a challenge but it is getting better and I look forward to getting back to "normal" what ever that is.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

Wally - I'm glad your area has sunshine.  I'm not a health professional but considering the fact you broke your hip not all that long ago, I think you are doing great.  Just keep minding what the therapist told you and you will continue to make forward progress.  I know of a lady who broke her hip in my town, didn't like doing the therapy exercises and as a result has not made good progress at all.  She has also ignored her diabetes, so that may have something to do with her dilemma.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021