You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Grammabear, that's very exciting to remodel your kitchen! The mess and disruption are worth the trouble at least in my experience.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  A bit higher but not a surprise after last nights dinner.
Yeah, I think a Kitchen remodel is the best thing you can do for a house.  A few years ago in our other house we gutted the kitchen and remodeled it with all new cabinets and appliances.  Lucky that we had a sink and gas range on our back porch so it was not an inconvenience. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

85 this morning.

We met with the 'kitchen designer' guy and looked over his estimate.  It is something we can handle, so now we have to make the final decision on what design counter top we want..........hubby wants one thing, I want another.  We'll see...:)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

rocky

Even ccd has done the disappearing act on us ?

78 last evening before dinner and 88 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

153 this morning.

I most always defer to my wife on things like kitchen design although we're rarely far apart. When we did extensive renovations a few years back, it was quite an adventure until we had the right contractor. There are so many small decisions to make and an honest and experienced contractor/designer makes all the difference.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Now that we've actually started the decision making process, it seems our lives are in a constant state of chaos and the workmen haven't even actually started ripping stuff apart.  Why is it that people of our age are so resistant to change even when that change is for the better?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) this morning.  Kind of surprised as my bg before bed last night was 64 so this kind of snuck up on me.  Tested again and yep, that is what it is.
My BIL is a plumbing contractor and is also quite skilled at electrical and carpentry so we did most of the remodel ourselves.  We did have a professional cabinet maker install the cabinets and the Corian counter tops.  It is difficult to go through when it is all torn apart but it is so nice when done.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 101 (5.6) here too this drizzly morning (and I deserved it!), 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

I expected higher numbers, from the food this weekend, but also woke uo with a sore knee and sore throat so that may be contributing too.

A good contractor is an absolute must for any construction project. I was very fortunate in that the one that did my house repair was excellent.
The kitchen in my house was totally remodeled right before I bought the house so that is one worry I don't have.

Rocky, Boo stayed home and a friend came over to feed him and clean his box.  She talked to him but he is very shy and never came out when she was here. No one that has taken care of him when I have been gone has ever seen him!

And as I posted in the Shanny thread, she is OK it was in fact her computer that broke down.  New one arrived today so she should be back soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

The contractor we're working with has infinite patience with our continual questions.  We feel slightly ignorant as we've been waiting 40+ years to have our dream kitchen and finally after raising two children, it is actually happening. 

Barb - Sorry you woke with sore knee and sore throat.  Hope you will feel better soon.  I'm glad your Boo has the chance to stay in his own surroundings while you're away.  Our pets never liked being at the boarding kennel.  Thanks for the update on Shanny.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

rocky

73 before dinner and 87 fasting today.

Renovations can disrupt normal life with all the noise and things scattered around. In the end though it may well be worth the trouble.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

178 this morning.

Remodeling disruption can really be a mess! I did, however, really like having a dumpster out front and threw out vast quantities of old junk. I was also tremendously relieved to discover that my contractor thoroughly cleaned up at the end of his day.

walkerwally1

88 (4.88) this morning.  This is a number I'm a little happier with.  I think I will stop posting the mmol/l number, it was a carry over from another forum and it doesn't look like anyone here is using it.  Also there is a handy converter on the right.
We were at 80° yesterday and it is supposed to be 85° today the  right at 90° for the next few days.  Really nice for here and comfortable with humidity around 14%. 
Grammabear, asking questions is the best thing you can do.  It is the only way to make sure you and the contractor are on the same page.  Communication can prevent getting changes you did not want. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

106 this morning.  The current temperature is 71 deg F (22 deg C) with 73% humidity with a high temperature of 91 predicted for today. 

We met with the contractor again yesterday and learned of some possible solutions to several challenges in our kitchen renovations.  They are going to do some of the renovation before the new countertop is installed.  I would love it if there was a dumpster out front so I could also dispose of unused 'stuff' around here.  It is one of these situations where we've had a dream for so long that we thought it would never come true and now it is.  I've waited 47+ years for this and that's a long time.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

95 (5.26) this cloudy morning, 100 (5.54) at bedtime last night. Still have a sore throat and stuffy nose though my knee is better. Haven't been "sick" in a long time, I don't like what it does to my numbers.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

117 this morning.

Sounds exciting, Grammabear! Your new kitchen should be done by Thanksgiving and I'm sure we'll all be there to sample your yummy cooking in your grand new kitchen!