You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Farmers are harvesting soybeans and corn in our area.  They create a LOT of dust while they're doing this.  It hardly pays to have the windows open because of that dust.  All you can see behind those huge tractors are a massive cloud of dust.

John - Is it the G5 alarms being louder because of the phones, or is it the receiver itself?  I've been learning that if Medicare covers the G5 cgm they will not allow you to use your phone as a receiver.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this cloudy/drizzly morning, 94 (5.21) at bedtime last night.

Feeling a little better, but still stuffed up and coughing.

So sad about what happened in Las Vegas! (#PrayforLasVegas). What is terribly frightening is that is exactly where we were last weekend!! There was a Life is Beautiful concert going on in the same venue. We were at the Excalibur Hotel right next to the Luxor (where we went to the Titanic exhibit) which is right next to Mandalay Bay. I just don't understand what is wrong with people that do these horrific things.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 02, 2017, 07:20:30 PM

So sad about what happened in Las Vegas! (#PrayforLasVegas). What is terribly frightening is that is exactly where we were last weekend!! There was a Life is Beautiful concert going on in the same venue. We were at the Excalibur Hotel right next to the Luxor (where we went to the Titanic exhibit) which is right next to Mandalay Bay. I just don't understand what is wrong with people that do these horrific things.

Being a sports shooter and an owner of several firearms I find these bizarre acts very shocking and surprising. I'm particularly interested in the kind of short circuitry that takes place in the minds of such persons. One thing that stands out is that it is almost always the men who committ such heinous acts. It is a horrific incident and my heart goes out to the victims and the affected families.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Read about it in the news. Very very sad indeed. What goes on in their heads, beats me too. I pray for all the victims and families.

78 last evening before dinner and 90 this morning. 
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Back from a vacation. Mom's place is as pristine as ever. Had a blast.

Forgot to check today but will be back on track from tomorrow. My family doctor said i need to lose 10 kgs to be at a healthy weight :( Planning to start the 100 day challenge from today. Having some kind of 50-60 min exercise everyday + no meals after 7 PM. Will be hard.

Devastating news from Las Vegas. I cannot imagine how anyone can justify such heinous acts to themselves. Bigskygal- am glad you were safe by a week.

Shanny- glad you are fine and back.  I often think about Patdart. She was one of the many well wishers on this forum counting days when my second baby was due to arrive.

Tamagno

120 this morning.

Grammabear, it's the phone (or iPad) alarms that are much better with the G5. How would Medicare know if you downloaded and used the app? It wouldn't cost them anything and the Dexcom receiver upgrade to G5 is just a software download as I recall. G5 does use different sensors that have only a three-month battery life that's annoying, but it's worth it for the alarms.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  I am glad that I started to keep closer track of what I am eating.  It does help, and I am keeping closer to my goals.  I try for a ratio of macro's of 5% carbs, 80% fat and 15% protein and the last three days I have been right there.  I still have some strips for my Abbott blood ketone meter and yesterday I was at 6.1 mmol/l so definitely ketogenic. 
It is hard for anyone to wrap your head around what happened in Las Vegas.  It is not possible to understand what goes on in a persons mind to do such a thing.  Surprised to find that several people from the local area were there and at least four I know had relatives or friends there that were injured.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

123 this morning.

This morning it is cloudy and looks for all the world like we might get rain.  Since we are entering drought conditions, a nice gentle rain would be most welcome.

Tamagno - You've raised an interesting question about the phone app.  How does Medicare know if you are using the phone or not?  The Facebook groups have raised the same exact question and no one has a good answer.  Medicare coverage of the CGM is spotty at best and until they make up their minds exactly what their 'rules' are to qualify, I have to stick with the G4.  At least I know I can get that model with supplies even if I do pay out of pocket.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 03, 2017, 10:10:26 AM
86 this morning.  I am glad that I started to keep closer track of what I am eating.  It does help, and I am keeping closer to my goals.  I try for a ratio of macro's of 5% carbs, 80% fat and 15% protein and the last three days I have been right there.  I still have some strips for my Abbott blood ketone meter and yesterday I was at 6.1 mmol/l so definitely ketogenic. 
It is hard for anyone to wrap your head around what happened in Las Vegas.  It is not possible to understand what goes on in a persons mind to do such a thing.  Surprised to find that several people from the local area were there and at least four I know had relatives or friends there that were injured.

There was also a young man from our town that was shot in the leg at this venue.  You can't watch news coverage of this event without crying for the people involved, both victims and families left without their loved ones.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

95 (5.26) this mostly clear morning, 98 (5.43) at bedtime last night.

Actually feeling a bit better today.  Still have a ways to go to be 100% but at least going in the right direction finally.

Tree guy is coming tomorrow to asses everything.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

@ ccd, Great to see you posting again. Hope you had a good time with your mom.

The shooting is a pure mindless act and we'll never get to the bottom of it as the guy is also dead.

77 before dinner last evening and a 89 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Did not test today as I woke up so late that had to get the kids ready and get ready and leave for office/school in under 12 minutes. Havent been able to hit the gym yet but i walked up 11 floors today and plan to do that a couple of more times during the day. I realised that my fitness level is so low. I had to stop every 3 floors to breathe and then climb through the rest.

My husband is unwell. He is a asthamatic who is prone to congestion in his chest. Has been coughing and has trouble breathing since a few days. The doctor said that he has fat deposits in his throat (he is 40 kgs obese) and also by birth his (something named) pipes are too narrow or placed very near to each other. The combination of weight and this is causing these problems. I really cannot make him understand that choosing a healthy lifestyle is not something he can put off even for a week anymore. He is a workoholic and spends 12-14 hours at work and the rest sleeping/in front of the TV.

Tamagno

109 this morning.

Grammabear, I can sure understand your situation regarding Medicare. I really wish they'd get their act together with CGMs.

CarbCrazy, I keep watching videos on street food in India and thinking how tempting so many things look and sound. I think if I lived there I could easily gain weight quickly like your husband. Still, he's a young guy and will hopefully get his act together...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

It is 62 deg F here at present and it sure looks like rain - which would be most welcome.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Our high temp was only 77° yesterday and we are at 52° this morning.  Starting to warm up today and should be in the 90's by the weekend.
CCD, nothing like climbing a few stairs to let you know you are out of shape but the more you do the easier it gets.  Keep it up !
Grammabear, dealing with Medicare can be total frustration.  You can only hope for them to get their act together but it can be a long wait. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"