You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

93 (5.15) this cloudy morning, 95 (5.26)
at bedtime last night.

Still feeling punk and have sore ribs/pulled muscle again today.

Days in the mid 40's°F last night was 27°F but warming up some. Fire season is officially over! Thank goodness!

CCD hope your DH is feeling better soon, and can accept that diet is important in healing.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

@ bsg, do you think the pain is from the fall you took some days ago ? I suspect so.

@ ccd, hope you can get your husband to drop a few pounds. I know the benefits that I have had from the weight that I have lost.

75 last evening and 88 this morning fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

Rocky, I don't know, I did fall and hurt my ribs.  They seemed to get better, but with all the coughing and sneezing, I don't know if it is from the fall or something else... All i know is I am sick of it!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Carbcrazydog

120 today morning. All that vacation eating showing its effects now.

Thanks for your wishes over my husband. He is doing better today and has a doctor's appointment at noon.

Tamagno- Indian street food is just phenomenal. If you ever come to India, skb and I can take you to the best places here. A lot of non vegetarian food could still fit the diet restrictions we have. My husband got jalebis for the kids yesterday. It is deep fried wheat flour soaked in sugar syrup. I didnt have it but i so longingly looked at it that i am sure my numbers must have shot up a few points :)

climbed 25 floors till now and its just 10 AM so hopefully will get decent exercise in the day

Tamagno

125 this morning.

Boy, I'd love to go on that Indian food tour, CCD! Around here, even biryani is considered exotic so whatever I'd like to try I have to make myself, but many ingredients are not available. Jalabis sound like a "state fair" favorite over here called elephant ears that are basically the same thing.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Street food sounds exotic and delicious.  Wish there was some of that kind of offering here.  They would be sold out in a very short time.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  We had an overnight low of 50° and yesterdays high was 77° so definitely on the cool side.  Warming up starting today though.  We should be in the 90's by the weekend.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this morning, 101 (5.6) at bedtime last night.

Wish I could finally be rid of this crud!!

Light rain overnight and in the morning.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 05, 2017, 05:39:42 AM
Boy, I'd love to go on that Indian food tour, CCD! Around here, even biryani is considered exotic so whatever I'd like to try I have to make myself, but many ingredients are not available. Jalabis sound like a "state fair" favorite over here called elephant ears that are basically the same thing.

John, you're welcome here anytime. We will be good hosts or at least try to be.
I'd love looking up any forum friends. I've met one from the the earlier forum. Another one, Sanjeeb Patra (who also joined up here) came to Mumbai from Istanbul and we planned to meet up, but somehow missed the opportunity. Maybe next time.

One of the SMF Developers who helped us build The BG Tracker, lives in Hungary. I was keen to look him up when I went there but he stays in a small town far from Budapest, so even that didn't happen.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

79 last evening before dinner and 91 fasting.
In a rush today. Work beckons.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

There is nothing more that I would like to do than take a tour of our members. My late DH was Hungarian so have been there a couple of times, went on a Jimmy Carter Habitat for Humanity build in the Philippines, travelled in India on a spiritual journey for a month, as a stopover on the Asia trips visited Singapore and Taiwan. DH and I travelled all over Europe, but my favorite places to revisit would be India and Singapore/Taiwan.

If it ever happens, skb I will  let you know immediately!

Tamagno

123 this morning.

Of course, I'll extend the same invitation to come here!

In the states there is a lot of street food in the cities, but not in the country. What does come up, however, are various fairs at which all manner of delicacies are available. While most are carb-laden oddities like deep-fried Snickers bars, some are not. For example, a local organization is having a fall game barbecue at which there will be all manner of meats prepared in interesting ways. There are still a lot of people subsistence farming who know how to prepare game and make great steaks, stews and sausages for the adventurous.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

119 this morning.

Never been outside the US so I guess I live a boring type life.

Weather man said rain today but I haven't seen one drop yet.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  We are looking at having a high temp of around 90-92° today and tomorrow and then Monday a drop to 78° and more Fall like weather next week.
There are many Fairs around this time of year in a lot of nearby areas and the food is often things you cannot find anywhere else.  Like, Tamagno said, much of it is very high in carbs and sugar but there is quite a big variety.

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

107 today morning. Maybe because i ended up climbing 43 floors yday. I live on the 14th floor and work on the 11th floor of my office building. Have decided to not take the life (unless i am with kids/dog) for 100 days. Today is day 3 and i already feel a stamina increase. Walked 4 kms today apart from climbing 13 floors. May do 13 floors more post dinner.

Thanks for the invitation to visit US. Someday we should have a reunion. I am an introvert though so you may find me awkward and tongue tied when we actually meet :)