You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhiannon

125 this morning.  We are having a warming trend.  Was out at noon, and the sun is shining, temp around 61 degrees.  A convertible was pulled over so they could put the top down.

Walkerwally, hope your temps come up a bit.
Tamagno, I'm glad the PET scan showed no further cancer. 
Rocky, great job on your BG, and glad your Mum is doing better.

bigskygal

96 (5.32) this partly cloudy morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.   Think I overdid on the bbq ribs... need to stay away from the hot bar at the store!!  Also have some coughing and flemmy chest so don't know if I am getting sick.

@Wally, you will get there again!!

@John, so glad to hear no new tumors!!

@Rocky, glad mum is better!

@Shanyt, yes it is good to see your number coming down!!  Yay!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Another 146 today. I wonder how long it will take to settle down in my routine again ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Thank you everyone for all the good wishes. In all this running around I have been skipping meals every now and then, and that is what seems to be helping me with my numbers. 90 today  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

101 this morning.

Thanks all!

Kathy, I feel pretty well. My mind is foggy (don't say a word) and I'm weak, but likely I just have to do more.

No doctors this week!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

158 this morning - I took the liberty of having 1 cookie before I went to bed last night and in spite of taking the bolus for it, my numbers is high this morning.........ah reckon it is my own fault (but the cookie was tasty)  :)

John - I think Sam will enjoy having you nearby this week without sharing your time with doctors.  Enjoy your week and have a nap now and again.

Still no sunshine here at 26 deg F this morning.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 (4.54) this morning.  It warmed up to 52° (11.1°C) yesterday so we are getting some more snow melting and it should be the same for the next few days.   ~clp~
Yeah, therapy for a broken hip is no fun at all and there is no getting around the fact that it hurts.  But, at least in my case, I am seeing progress each day.  It's slower than I would like but then I am impatient.  I do the routines I learned from the PT people at the rehab for my legs and also my upper body.  I was surprised how important the upper body was and how poor shape I was in.  I have increased the number of reps and the weight since starting so it is doing some good.  They say walking is the best thing so I am walking about 1200 - 1500 steps a day right now just in the house.  I look forward to being able to go further soon. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this mostly clear morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

It didn't make it to 30°F (-1.11°C) today and we are under a Winter Weather Advisory for Monday night through Tuesday night.  I don't know if my location is considered the Northern end of the valley or the Southern. Northern valley 6-9" of new snow, Southern 3-6", I'm hoping I am Southern!!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Slightly better at 141 today. It's a long road back to the low 100s.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

112 today morning.

Our company has a weight loss challenge starting February 13th. Team of 3 and the team that loses the most weight wins a Decathlon voucher. And 20 people who lose most weight will be given some fitness bands.

I have 10 kgs to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. Hope to make the most in these 12 weeks.

rocky

Things are looking better and seem to be getting back to normal.
My fasting BG turned out to be a little over the expectation - 98.

@ccd - hope you lose all the excess and win the challenge. I've lost a lot of weight since I started eating this way. It is so easy. Good Luck to you and your team.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

196 this morning.

Talked to my aunt down home who's also got cancer just now and who found out in hospital she's diabetic. They've got her on metformin plus a daily shot of lantus so I had the usual LCHF chat with her.

Given the plethora of diabetic "cures" that are out there, I guess it's little wonder so few people can hear the benefits, but it's disappointing. I persevere in many instances, but it's a shame.

Kathy, Sam is gratifyingly happy to be with me no matter what. I expect he and I will do plenty together this week although he especially wants to go to Petland.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 (5.3) this morning.  The air temperature is 18 (-8C) this morning and we are seeing the sun for the first time in over a week.

Sam really 'wants' to visit Petland??  I'm guessing it is because they give free treats to their canine customers?  Hope you guys have a good time there.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  Even warmer yesterday at 58° (14.4°C) and now really getting to see some snow melting.  I may be able to get my car is and out soon which is good as I believe I will be able to drive soon.  We have a slight chance of rain Thursday and Friday but it looks like it will be too warm for snow.   ~hlu~ 
I know I have gone on a lot about this but it is really unusual for us to have this much snow.  Usually we get about 2-3" and it lasts a couple of days.  This time 14" and very cold after with no melting but turning to ice has been quite a change.  All moisture is welcome and it really helps our drought but it's still a challenge.  Can't change the fact that it has been a very good winter so far bringing us the water and snow needed to fill our reservoirs get back to normal. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this clear morning, 98 (5.43) at bedtime last night.

Chest is still raspy, but not feeling feverish.  Dang I don't want to get sick now!

Snow is in the forecast starting tonight and lasting the whole week.  :(  Varying reports on how much, I'm hoping for the low numbers.  I still have about 8" on the ground from the last snow.