You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

Forgot to check. Was running late as i woke up late. Watching this series "This is us". I absolutely love the relationships depicted in that.

10779 steps yday and 44 floors. Still below my 15000 steps goal. But i am so drained out by the end of the day at times.

skb- I have not used the BG tracker but will use it soon.

rocky

CCD, updating the BG tracker is the first thing I do when I login.

77 before dinner last evening and 91 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

150 this morning.

Still warm this morning at 63; nothing like the heat so many of you live in!

CCD, I don't use my Fitbit so much for step counting steps (I do that mostly in my head) but you've prompted me to look and according to mine I log only around 1,000 daily and just a few stairs. Likely I have you beat on sleeping time, however!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We were at 89° yesterday, should be 89° today and 89° tomorrow.  It looks like a pattern !  it is supposed to start cooling down after tomorrow.  It was 104° in Los Angeles for the first game of the World Series.  I think that is a new record. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on October 25, 2017, 06:06:44 AMI log only around 1,000 daily and just a few stairs. Likely I have you beat on sleeping time, however!
;D ;D ;D  I don't do stairs at all if I can avoid it, and it's unlikely that I'd beat 1000 steps. If push comes to shove, I can climb stairs, but must use the handrail. But I too am in the running for sleeping time  . . . I don't even try to conform to the clock anymore - I just lie down if I'm drowsy & sleep until I wake up.  `8)  Usually put in 2 or 3 hours at a time, but once in a great while I'll find I've put away 6 or 7 hours.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 25, 2017, 06:06:44 AM
Likely I have you beat on sleeping time, however!

Somewhere in this thread ccd has said that she loves to sleep it off. I think it is going to be a tough contest  :P ;)
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

Forgot to check today again. I leave it till the last possible moment as i have a late dinner and then rush off to work and then remember the accucheck meter lying on the table!

Shanny- I am writhing with jealousy right now. My fav thing in this entire world is to sleep just because i feel like it. With toddlers, i have to sleep when they let me. And most of the time i sleep even if i am not sleepy because of the fear that i may not be able to sleep later till they let me.

I read somewhere that "There is no better luxury than to sleep, not because you are sleepy, but because you have the time"

One of my friends flaunted how she gets to sleep now that her kids have grown up. Bam! She caught the jinx and got pregnant in the coming months. I went on and on about how my son is finally sleeping when he was 1. I was pregnant 6 months later.

I know we have a decent age gap, but if i were you i would be wary of the jinx going around  :P

rocky

Sleep is one of my favourites too. The only place I don't fall off to sleep is the gym. I have missed my stop many times, catching 40 winks in the bus.  >:(

75 before dinner last evening and 90 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

skb

So we have several champions of sleep  ;D

The only thing consistent about my sleep is that I sleep very early. Between 9:30 & 10 pm I'm fast asleep and can get anywhere between 4-6 hours of good sleep. After that sleep is intermittent and dependant on what's going through my mind.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Until I finally got to retire, from age five on, I lived my life by somebody else's calendars and clocks. As a youngster, it was school of course, but also other lessons, because I had to rise an hour earlier to practice piano before school every day. After completing all schooling, it was jobs of course, and the first one I ever had I got up much earlier than most, because I had to walk two miles to work (too cheap to buy a car!  And that's the truth!  ;) ). A few more years and I was married with children, so my life was governed by the needs of the family.

This explains why I was always so jealous of my sleep - because I never got enough of it. When we finally moved to our retirement home, I still worked a few jobs & had to conform to others' schedules. Once I got it through my head that we could get along without my extra income, I dropped outside work like a hot potato, and all the years since, I've thrown out the alarm clocks, I've slept when I was sleepy, and got up when I wakened. It's such a wonderful life!  ecs

Carbcrazydog

Okay....now my only goal in life is to live till i get to enjoy what Shanny does  :P

bigskygal

91 (5.04) Wednesday, a frosty morning, 104 (5.76)
the night before at bedtime.

Apropos of the sleeping topic, I fell asleep in the recliner tonight and am so late to post!!

Yes, just like Shanny, I forced myself into so many other's time clocks in my life and it wasn't until I was widowed and on my own that I could finally be "myself" as far as sleep goes. I am an unashamed night owl though the lasr few days I have been falling asleep in the early evening and waking late at night...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Oh, dear, sleep!

In college, I worked from midnight to 9:00am five days a week (an old fashioned answering service where I was alone, work was slow and I could practice all night). All I could think of was sleep.

During my performing career, good sleep was critical, so I'd try to sleep until 2-3pm on performance days, eat dinner and then get to the theater. Bed didn't come until 2-3am afterwards.

Now, bed is always at 9pm and, like Shanny, sleep is just whatever it is.

CCD, your admonition is well taken. Insofar as I appear prone to rare medical conditions, perhaps I'll manage to achieve the first male pregnancy in my dotage...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: Tamagno on October 26, 2017, 05:30:32 AM

CCD, your admonition is well taken. Insofar as I appear prone to rare medical conditions, perhaps I'll manage to achieve the first male pregnancy in my dotage...

I totally believe this can happen. My jinx is over and above science  :-\

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  We didn't quite make it to the predicted 90° yesterday and were at 86° for a high.  Still summery weather and looking for it to cool down to more fall like. 
I've been retired for 7 years now but my sleep habits are pretty much the same as when I worked.  I am usually up around 5:00 AM and most nights get around 8 hours.  The big difference is that if I want to take a nap during the day I can !   :D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"