You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auntiekris

Hello All,

It's been too long, and not for the better.  Woke up with a 70, but post lunch at 257. 

Time to get back to it, look forward to seeing you all here.

Kris

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this frosty morning, 94 (5.21)
at bedtime last night.

auntiekris so good to see you posting again!! Welcome back!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Wonderful to have you back, Kris! <3

skb

Quote from: auntiekris on October 26, 2017, 04:47:53 PM
Hello All,

It's been too long

Kris

Great to have you back. The forum is a place that helps you get back on track asap. Good luck with your mission.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Hello kris,
I don't know you but I'm glad to welcome you to the forum. Indeed, this is the place that helps me keep track of my BG and daily interactions with these folks keeps me inspired. I hope it'll do the same for you.

73 before dinner last evening and 87 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Welcome Kris

114 today morning

Dog was coughing and husband took her to the vet as we suspected kennel cough. She seems to have a collapsed trachea and heart enlargement. She does not seem to be in an imminent danger but i am starting to become a wreck over this. 

Tamagno

178 this morning.

Great to have you back, Kris!

CCD, our vet told us the tracheal problem was related to exercise and to limit Sam's ball chasing as he ages. I hear it's fairly common in some breeds.

Finally nearly ready for winter, vis, the furnace and wood stoves are cleaned, the oil tank full, wood shed full, bulbs planted, snow blower ready and a Guy is coming to clean the gutters. Basically only remains to get the deck furniture in which will get done by Monday.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Hi Kris, good to hear from you.  Hope you can stick around.
Tamagno, WOW, you really have it handled !  From a die-hard procrastinator I applaud you !   ~clp~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

Thank you all for the warm welcome, feels good to be back!

CCD - I know how stressful it is to see our furry friends suffer, hang in there.

Tamagno - I wish I had your drive.  I can barely get my office desk cleaned.  :/

Wally - I'm planning on sticking around this time.  Looking forward to the weather updates in your part of the state.  :)  My part of the world was on fire for awhile.  I'm so lucky my place is fine.  Feel horrible for those who lost so much.

69 this morning, although before bed was in the 230s.  I've been trying to make some changes - got out of a relationship that wasn't right for me and am now trying to sell my CPA practice so I can find something less stressful.  Now to add cutting carbs and getting my diabetes under control to the list. :)

Happy Friday!

Carbcrazydog

Thanks everyone. She is doing better. Just shifting from a collar to a harness has worked wonders.

Kris- We have something in common! I am a CA (which is equivalent to CPA in India). I know its stressful to have your own practice. I work for one of the Big 4s. There are days when i find it stressful but then i spend weekend with 2 hyperactive toddlers in the house breaking up their fights and adhering to their demands. And just like that, Monday is so less stressful  :P

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this blue sky morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

A few more leaves need to fall and then I'll get the tree guy back to clean up the yard and clear the gutters as they are full of leaves and sawdust from the tree removals.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

110 today morning. Dog is much better. Hopefully it will all be just maintenance from here on.

Havent been getting much exercise since 2 days. But hoping to start with a bang by Monday atleast.

rocky

It's nice that you are getting ready for winter. Would love to see all the snow pictures once winter has set in.

ccd, hope your pet is fine and your troubles get over soon.

73 last evening before dinner and 88 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Kris, it sounds as though you're in the midst of many upheavals that must carry their own weight. Retirement has relieved me of many burdens!

Honestly, I have never been able to wrap my mind around being a CPA, CA or corporate life generally. When I was young I worked at temp jobs in a variety of them and know they have every appearance of many difficulties. I certainly admire those of you able to navigate those waters successfully!

Hopefully, Kris, you'll be able to sell your practice for enough to get some respite.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  Still warm here, 86° yesterday and the same for today.  It looks like we will see the drop in temp. will be Halloween and we should be in the low 70's and maybe even in the 60's with a chance of some rain next weekend.
Kris, sounds like your plate is full, hope things work out soon.  Yes, your area was really hit hard and it was scary.  Glad you came out OK. 
CCD, really glad your dog is doing better.  It is a worry when they are having problems.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"