You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  It's starting to be a bit more Fall like, cooler than the past, but quite nice.  Yesterday 75° this morning 52° so definitly not cold.   
My social contact over the internet is limited to email and on line forums like this one.  I don't use Facebook or twitter or any of the others and I don't use my phone to "chat".  Just not into any of that.  On the other hand it is useful to search Facebook for recent news.  Things like a wildfire or other dangerous activity are very slow to be picked up by local news sources and the fire department uses Facebook and twitter to report what is going on pretty quickly.  Along with people in the area giving on the scene reports and videos it is the only way to get news quickly here. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this snowy morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

About an inch of snow overnight. Light showers through the day and more on the way for Friday.  The tree guy called it quits mid morning, he's coming back Saturday to finish up.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Oh my goodness . . . snow! We were at 74° today, and it's going for 80° this Sunday! What a topsy-turvy world it is nowdays!

Tamagno

92 this morning.

My new T-Slim pump is up and running. I'll post more about it shortly in the T1 section, but so far, so good.

Snow already? Heavens! It was 70 here yesterday afternoon...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on November 03, 2017, 06:42:46 AM
I'll post more about it shortly in the T1 section, but so far, so good.

That's great John. Just to remind you, we now have the Equipment section, which would be more appropriate.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Hello everyone,
Just checking in to read the posts. I'm traveling and connecting is a bit iffy.
I checked fasting and I was 94 yesterday and 99 today.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  It is definitely turning cooler here, my coconut oil has turned from liquid to solid !  A couple of days ago it was truly liquid and hard to scoop out of the jar and now it is nice and not hard but easy to get a spoonful.  It must have been right on the edge between liquid and solid.
Snow ! OMG, it seems too early for that.  We won't even see a chance of snow here probably until January of February and then it will be cold enough but moisture in the air is rare.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

55 this morning.  But I've been all over the place (upper 200's yesterday afternoon).  I really need to just eliminate all my carbs.  And exercise. 

CCD - you make an excellent point about introverts.  My nephew is definitely one, and I think his interaction with friends over the web is mostly positive.  And Wally - SO true.  During the fires here, I received such great, local information via Facebook, it was pretty amazing.

BSG - that's great you have someone reliable to help you.

Tamagno, the pump sounds great!

Today we have rain!  I love cold, wet, foggy weather so I'm happy.  Heading up to my mom's cabin in the mountains today and excited for even colder weather up there.

Probably won't be checking in this weekend, so see y'all on Monday.

bigskygal

95 (5.26) this rainy/snowy morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

Combination of rain and snow all day. High was 34°F (1.11°C), tonight's low predicted to be 20°F (-6.6). Snow again in the forecast for Sunday. This is pretty typical weather for Montana. January and February are when we get the sub zero temps.

eta: Wally, my CO never got to liquid state this summer at all!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

99 this morning.

Well, I had plans for a number of things yesterday that got way-laid by yet another big insurance bolux. Honestly, the amount of time spent dealing with these issues seems unconscionable. I'm not one prone to great emotional displays, however in this case I felt compelled to apologize to the rep I spoke to. Not, of course, because the problem was resolved but just because I'd inflicted her with sharp albeit not ad hominem invective.

Anyway, I still had time to make a very yummy, low-carb dinner casserole of sausage, cheese and red sauce!

Anybody know what's become of Kathy (Grammabear)?

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  They are getting snow in the northern Sierras and in some locations it may be around 2 feet.  Here the story is wind.
Tamagno, it looks like the last time Kathy posted was 10/23 so she has been "missing" for a few days.  Hope she is OK. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Shanny

I'll send an email & see what happens.

bigskygal

97 (5.37) this snowy morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night.

Snow on and off all day, not much accumulation on the ground. Tree guy wants to wait until we get some better weather to finish the job.  Works for me. Snow in the forecast again for tomorrow.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on November 04, 2017, 05:57:24 AM
Anybody know what's become of Kathy (Grammabear)?

I was going to red-flag the attendance register for Shottlebop, Kathy & Rhiannon. Shottlebop has posted that he was out on a trip. Rhiannon stays away for days from time to time, but Kathy has been pretty regular. Hope everything is fine.

128 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Great to be back. The airline food got to me. I tried to avoid the bad stuff, yet it got to me.

92 before dinner last evening and 102 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.