You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

@tamagno, I'm very happy to read your post. great news.
@grammabear, welcome back. We missed you.
@auntiekris, Happy friday, but be careful with your food.

80 last evening before food and 93 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

120 today morning after a really late dinner.

Tamagno- cancer free is great news!

My son's bday is coming later this month and it seems to be the only thing he is talking about. my daughter thinks her bday will come soon after (the next day) my son's. BUt that is in Feb and it is going to be difficult to make her wait so much!

Tamagno

174 this morning.

Kathy, I'm so glad you're back! (While you were out I got my new T-Slim pump and am really liking it - thank you so much for pointing me toward it!)

Yesterday I saw my cardiologist who as taken me off Xarelto and given me a clean bill of health - no more appointments with him!

I made an experiment of roast Brussels sprouts, carrots and onion with a sauce of ricotta, Asiago and pepper jack cheese. Very yummy especially with roasted vegetables; I'll use my remaining Brussels sprouts similarly, but with a balsamic vinegar dressing I'm going to try.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

143 this morning.  Not sure why but maybe because I'm losing my kitchen for a few days.  :(

That is good news about the new pump John.  I hope it serves you well and how do you like the touch screen?
I applied for a new G5 Dexcom but with the paperwork through Medicare who knows how long it will take.

I have tried roasted broccoli and we loved it.  I have never tried brussel sprouts because I thought I didn't like them as a kid.  Did you slice them in half before roasting?

It is cold here this morning at 14 deg F.  Brrrrrrrrrr
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  A bit higher than my usual but OK.  According to the national Weather Service we are in a La Niña for the next few months which affects weather for the USA this winter.  Some areas will see wetter conditions and some will see warmer weather.  We had a La Niña last winter and California got a lot of rain so that is possible this winter but not always the case. 
Good news John !
Kathy, it is a challenge but it will soon be over and you can enjoy your new kitchen.
Kris, it takes some time to get back to normal but stick with it, it will get better.
Missing a post from Barbara, hope all is OK.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Sorry, somehow I zoned out yesterday and forgot to post...

98 (5.43) this cloudy morning, 101 (5.6) at bedtime last night.

Yesterday's fasting was 106 (5.87) not sure where these higher numbers are coming from...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Reading all the posts about winter settling in, I wonder how my BG would behave in those conditions.

82 before dinner last evening and 94 this morning.

Tamagno

195 this morning.

It's cold here!

Kathy, I just learned about roasting vegetables and like it. I do cut broccoli and carrots in half beforehand. I've been adding bacon and a couple of different sauces to my broccoli to give it extra spice and sweetness. The flavor is different with roasting, nuttier and not bitter.

Also, I really like the T-Slim touch screen which seems much more intuitive than Omnipod.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

117 this morning.

Although it seems to require more time, I do favor roasted vegetables.  The flavor is so much different than steamed veggies.

Yesterday was "demolition" day for our new countertops in the kitchen.  My bg was completely out of control all day long with numbers near or above the 200 mark.  Things are quieter today so I'm hoping the bg stays in target.

Rocky - Your numbers have been awesome so I doubt whether winter season would affect you much.  You might want to eat comfort foods as winter seems to require more energy just to stay warm.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  I wonder if my feeling kind of puny the last couple of days has anything to do with it ? 
Rocky, It can get pretty cold here, in the low teens (12-15°F) (-9 to -11°C) but usually more in January and February.  I have never noticed any effect on my bg from the cold.
I have never tried roasting vegetables, maybe it is time to try.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

An old adage in the cooking community is that 'color = flavor'. I wonder if roasting doesn't bring better flavor for that reason. Steaming for a year will not cause any browning, while roasting with a drizzle of olive oil makes things look so delicious being golden browned.

https://bigoven-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/t_recipe-256/garlic-mashed-red-potatoes.jpg (steamed)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTerimAx7oiT-v1TIrYdmc2Z_bX6sOuGnCv00r3me5nLxQ3B-uN (roasted)

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this cloudy morning, 97 (5.37) at bedtime last night.

I haven't roasted veggies in a while, I think it is time to do it again!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

A long time ago (gosh, I've been at it for almost a decade now) I read an article which said that the body's carb tolerance is higher in the summer months, especially during the daylight hours. Personally, I've found some merit in that theory, albeit a very small one. However, Kathy makes a very valid point about comfort foods during the cold season.

Based on that, I'd say, Rocky your numbers wouldn't budge much, but if they did, you'd find them a notch higher.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: skb on November 11, 2017, 09:43:22 PM
I read an article which said that the body's carb tolerance is higher in the summer months

Based on that, I'd say, Rocky your numbers wouldn't budge much, but if they did, you'd find them a notch higher.

Interesting. I wonder what my numbers would have been with this control in Saudi.

79 last evening and 90 this morning.

Tamagno

131 this morning.

One of the awful things I recall working in France were the string beans that were boiled seemingly endlessly - not good.

Grammabear, this construction will end soon and you'll be left with the joys of a new kitchen. I bet it'll be great!