You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 10, 2017, 10:29:16 AM
82 this morning.  Ha, dinner does make a difference.  Low temp this morning at 28° (-2.2°C) but with 15% humidity no frost here.  Winds in the areas of the fires have calmed down some and they have made progress in controlling most of the fires.  Still many homes in danger and it will take 1-2 weeks for full containment in some areas.  Add this to the brutally destructive fire in the wine country earlier in the year and California has really taken a hit and December is not usually considered fire season.

I was reading on BBC this morning about the homes and acreage that have been destroyed by these fires.  It makes one feel very frustrated because you wish you could help these people, but there is nothing that can replace their homes and the livestock that has been lost.   :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

99 (5.48) this frosty morning, 99 at bedtime last night too. Feeling a little punk, stuffy and achey.

This morning when I got up around 9:30AM it was 16°F (-8.8°C) high was 31°F (-0.5°C). Still foggy/frosty and the trees still covered with hoar frost (a newspaper article called it frozen fog). Haven't seen the sky in 2 days.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Feeling much better today. I had thought that I would take the day off but I've decided that it's better to be working than rest at home.

87 last evening and a 100 fasting today.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

149 this morning.

Yet colder weather coming our way with predicted temperatures only up to 25.

Grammabear, sounds like yesterday was a roasting day; your chicken plus my leg of lamb. I'd marinated over night it in a mixture of Dijon mustard, reduced white vermouth, minced garlic and chopped fresh rosemary with a little sucralose; turned out pretty good. We'll be eating leftovers several days as well, but no extra mouths to feed.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

94 this morning.

Yes, John, yesterday was roasting day.  My chicken also turned out well and since younger son and grandson will be stopping here overnight tomorrow, I'm sure it will not last long.  I have never had leg of lamb because I never knew how to fix it.  Maybe I will see what kind of cuts of lamb our store offers and get brave and try it.

It is 25 deg F and snow is expected, how much snow remains to be seen.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Weather here looks like it will be the same through Christmas.  Sunny and not too windy with temps around 70° (21°C) so pretty nice.
Five of the six wildfires are mostly contained and right now winds are relatively calm.  The largest fire that started in Ventura, the Thomas Fire is now at 130,000 acres and is the 5th largest fire in California history and on the way to possibly being the largest.  It is heading to Santa Barbara and is only 10% contained at this time and starting into it's second week. 
I never cared much for lamb but I think it's because I just never got used to it.  My dad wouldn't allow lamb or liver in the house so I never learned to like either.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

What were his issues with lamb & liver?

walkerwally1

Pretty simple, he just didn't like it.   :D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

104 this morning.  And just checked after my commute in and it hasn't fluctuated.  Maybe because I skipped the coffee this morning?

The fires are so horrific, and experiencing the Wine Country fires first hand, I have an appreciation for what is happening now.  The sad thing is getting the fires contained is only the first step.  The recovery and rebuilding is a whole other beast.

Had a lovely weekend in the mountains with my friends and was able to stay on track for the most part.  It seems to be colder down here in the Bay Area than it was up there.  Love hearing about the winter weather as I wish we were experiencing some rain and colder temps.

My family has decided not give any gifts this year, only to the kiddos.  We all seem to want to be downsizing so doesn't make sense to buy stuff that's really not needed.

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 11, 2017, 12:00:51 PMPretty simple, he just didn't like it.   :D
Makes perfect sense! LOL!

I think I may have mentioned the other day that my dad was at least as picky as we kids were, so whatever Dad didn't like - we kids were safe. Thankfully Dad was away for two weeks in summer for summer field training with the National Guard. That's when Mom fixed the recipes she liked, and we kids got exposed to a few more good foods!  ;)

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this foggy morning, 98 (5.43)at bedtime last night.

It cleared up mid day and I actually saw some blue sky! High was 31°F (-0.5°C) some of the frost has melted off the trees. Tomorrow is trip to town to get new glasses and Christmas shop.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Feeling better today and the numbers also confirm that. 82 last evening before dinner and 96 this morning.

I feel cold reading all the freezing weather info.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

135 this morning.

Grammabear, if you try lamb, get a boneless leg as it's much easier. Be prepared, they've lots of fat whatever you do, but it does add richness. Lamb is good with rosemary and garlic especially. There are lots of marinades floating around, but even just cutting a few slits along the top layer of fat and rubbing in some minced fresh rosemary and garlic is great. You can roast it just as you would chicken or beef.

Actually, I never liked lamb much either until I started eating it at some of New York city's better Indian restaurants many years ago where the interesting spices and cooling raitas made it a revelation.

With all of the terrible fires out west, I almost hate to say how glad I am for the warmth of my wood stove; I'm burning wood at a pretty fast pace with all our cold.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

A common Missouri adage is that 'nothing warms you like a woodstove'.  ;)

Heating with wood was never an option before, because we lived in a more arid climate (Colorado) where hardwoods weren't so common; the pines & other evergreens that grow wild in other parts of the country just burn too fast & hot to be practical for heating a home. But now with ash, oak & other hardwoods so common around us, we never spent a penny on fuel for the first 25 years here. But now that DH isn't able to harvest our own timber, it takes some small expenditure to get our firewood split & cured, but it still isn't extreme. Our stove is enormous, and will burn all night long & well into the next day on one big load of oak. In fact, I'm sitting here tonight trying to wear it out . . . DH must have loaded it to the gills before he went to bed! So here it is 5am and I'm still waiting for it to settle down . . . it must be 80° in here . . .  ~hot~

Grammabear

84 this morning.

The weather temperature at present is 15 deg F and we received 3+ inches of snow last night.  Now we can watch the people that 'forgot' how to drive in Winter go into the ditch or get into collisions with another vehicle. 

The highlight of our day yesterday was that the contractor came and installed the tile and backsplash in our kitchen.  Today I have to wipe down the tiles as the grout dried leaving a light film of dust on the tile.  I can't believe it is our kitchen.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021