You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

It looks like we will indeed have a white Christmas as it is currently snowing here and the temperature is holding steady at 19 deg F.

Merry Christmas to all.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Definitely a white Christmas here too! We got a couple inches of snow yesterday & it's snowing lightly again now.

We're enjoying our traditional Christmas Eve oyster stew & just reveling in the peace & quiet.

Anyone else do oyster stew on Christmas Eve? My mom always did, so I did too . . . & when I met DH, his family had done the same. I've never known the origins of this tradition.

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 99 (5.48) her too this really cold morning, 106 (5.87) at bedtime last night. Don't know what is up,
but it is what it is...

It was -2°F (-18.89°C) this morning when I got up at 9:30AM, the high got to 10°F (-12.22°C). The snow isn't going anywhere any time soon!

Shanny, no oyster stew here, I like my oysters raw! And yep had some today.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Just a reminder to all. This topic/thread will be closed on 31st Dec and a new one opened for 2018 on 1st Jan.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

134 this morning.

Grammabear, my CGM goes 2-3 says before needing a charge and I check it maybe 6-10 times a day. I think yours may be a newer model, however, and may behave differently. I also use Dexcom's mobile apps to check as well. Accuracy is another matter and while you're supposed to be able to bolus from the CGM, I never do as it seems often off by more than I'd like. The T-Slim trainer I had told me she regularly boluses from hers.

My dry-aged roast beef yesterday came out great. It was definitely tastier and more tender than a bottom round roast usually is, helped, I'm sure, by the marinade I used.

Thankfully, this Christmas Day for us will see no guests or travel. Nor, in fact, did the predicted 5" of snow show up last night so I'm expecting a quiet and peaceful day and wishing you all the same!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

116 this morning.

Tamagno - My G5 receiver is the regular one and not the 'touch screen' as I don't think the touch screen is given to Medicare recipients.  Not sure why the inaccuracies exist, but I don't often bolus from the cgm readings.

Merry Christmas.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Quiet peaceful day here also.  Weather is calm, no rain and no snow, temps around mid 60's.  I think it will be a lazy day.   :D 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this snowing morning, 103 (5.71) at bedtime last night.

20°F (-6.6°C) outside right now and it is lightly snowing. Forecast is for it to continue until this evening. Quiet day all around.

Making a duck breast and cauliflower rice for dinner.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Hello everyone,

I was away for a few days and have not checked BG at all. Will start tomorrow.
Hope you are all doing great with your numbers. I have been a bit wayward and we'll know for certain tomorrow.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Grammabear, Dexcom is sending me a new G5 receiver that should be here very shortly. While I use Medicare only as secondary insurance, their rules seem somehow still to apply to some things, for example, because of Medicare's involvement I can no longer receive automatic shipments of supplies even though they don't pay. It'll be interesting to see the new receiver...

I'm seeing my neurologist today where I think nothing big is going on. I've noticed with him that he's very thorough and alert, however, and often seems to notice things that are missed by others. Being aware of avoiding an excess of alarm and/or new meds with him is necessary.

Glad you're back, Rocky!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  We have had no rain here since last February.  Last year there was an abundance of rain that broke the drought but it isn't looking good for this year.  My brother lives in Washington state and they got snow yesterday.  The first time for snow there on Christmas in 12 years. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

103 this morning.

We received about 2 inches of snow, depending on where in the yard you measured, the day before Christmas.  And our moisture level this year is below normal, so not sure what the coming year will bring.

Tamagno ~ I wonder if there is a 'weakness' in the G5 receivers ?  I know it operates with bluetooth and not radio frequency, but I suspect that there might be a 'bug' in the software that is causing the readings to be not as accurate as desired.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

rocky

I'm resuming work today, but I don't know if I will stick around with this company. I'm looking for openings. Hope 2018 will bring better opportunity.

104 today. Not so bad after all the partying that I have done these past few days. 
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this cold morning, 95 (5.26)
at bedtime last night.

Good to see you back Rocky. Changing jobs can be stressful, but you have to do what feels right for you.

Tamagno

153 this morning.

Grammabear, i seem to get very accurate CGM readings about 80% of the time; the same was true of my G4. It surprises me that the FDA approved the G5 instead of finger sticks, but then I doubt their true accuracy as well.

It's only 10 degrees Fahrenheit here this morning with lower extremes coming our way. Putting the electric blanket on my bed, however, along with long Johns did the trick over night.

Rocky, good luck with your job hunt! I surely hope you find something suitable, hopefullly with high pay (if you manage to negotiate access to a private jet in your contact, perhaps you could collect SKB and CCD and pop over for a visit...).