You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

We're at 6° this morning - just as predicted. And the snow we got earlier in the week endures, keeping up the white Christmas image. Out here where there's so little traffic, it remains picturesque.

And we've managed to avoid going out so far, but must end that streak today, I expect, since we're running out of milk and a couple other staples.

My everlovin' keeps an electric blanket on his bed & it's so cozy he tends to put off getting OUT of bed in the mornings! Sometimes until mid-afternoon!  ~slp~   I would surely roast if I used one . . . I'm always too warm to begin with.

Grammabear

121 this morning.

John - My current G5 was off by over 50% yesterday.  It said I was 153 when in fact I was 65.  I don't trust this one for doing bolus or corrections.  Sure hope the new receiver that is coming will perhaps be more accurate.

It is -9 deg F today and very cold.  There are wind chill warnings out and people should stay home if possible.  Brrrr.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Well, people to the North and East of here are seeing much lower temps and snow.  As much as 50 inches, WOW !  Continuing pretty mild here. 
Grammabear, at -9° (-22.8°C) I think staying home would be a good idea.  Not always possible for people that have to go to work.  I have had to get to work at temps below -0° and I worked outside so it was a challenge.    ~shvr~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this snowing morning, 100 (5.54) at bedtime last night.

It has snowed lightly all day. Temp got to 21°F  (-6.1°C), not as frigid as some of you folks had.

If I can get out, I'm going to take a grocery run tomorrow as a big storm is coming Thursday night into Friday with 10-20" of snow.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on December 27, 2017, 05:32:20 AM
Rocky, good luck with your job hunt! I surely hope you find something suitable, hopefullly with high pay (if you manage to negotiate access to a private jet in your contact, perhaps you could collect SKB and CCD and pop over for a visit...).
;D

Happy Birthday tamagno.

I was stunned by a 117 this morning though I knew I was in trouble after clocking a 100 before dinner last evening.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

157 this morning.

My CGM last night reported 288 with double arrows rising. Naturally, it was off by 50 points but it still managed to trigger my wife's alarm thereby triggering her waking me and thus setting off a train of events that kept me up most all night. Oh well, my new receiver arrived yesterday so I'll likely be installing it this morning. Should be interesting.

We also have frigid cold here at under 6 degrees so far. I've started up my second wood stove in hopes of fending off the big freeze. Sure do hope everybody stays warm out there!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on December 28, 2017, 05:45:48 AM
157 this morning.

My CGM last night reported 288 with double arrows rising. Naturally, it was off by 50 points but it still managed to trigger my wife's alarm thereby triggering her waking me and thus setting off a train of events that kept me up most all night. Oh well, my new receiver arrived yesterday so I'll likely be installing it this morning. Should be interesting.

We also have frigid cold here at under 6 degrees so far. I've started up my second wood stove in hopes of fending off the big freeze. Sure do hope everybody stays warm out there!

91 this morning.

My CGM last night was very naughty as it woke my husband who in turn woke me requiring a trip to the dining room in the middle of the night.  There I checked my blood sugar and it was 91 but the CGM said I was 185.  I am also starting a new CGM this morning and here is hoping I have better luck with this one.  I wanted to practice my "throwing skills" with the old one.  :((((((

It continues to be cold here with just 3 deg F this morning.  The first cup of coffee this morning is tasting mighty good.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101this morning.  I had tacos last night with the LC tortillas I bought on Netrition so  a bit higher but that is expected.  Definitely not cold here with this morning at 35° and heading for 69° today.  There is a slight chance of rain according to the weather gurus on 1/7 but I think that is iffy, however I will keep my fingers crossed.
Off in a bit for my fifth and final knee injection.  It seems like I have noticed improvement.  Walking every day without using the knee brace or cane so more normal.  Keeping it at around 5K for now.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 (5.26) this morning, 102 (5.65)
at bedtime last night.

30°F (-1.1°C) was the high today. Big storm hasn't materialized, but looking West toward Idaho, I see some bad weather coming!

Wally glad your knee is better.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Things are slowly creeping back to normal. 94 last evening and 112 today. If I don't mess up on New Year's eve, I should be back into range by 2nd or 3rd.

Tamagno

155 this morning.

I don't know, Grammabear, you and I seem to be having similar troubles the last couple of days. Yesterday I started feeling poorly around four and took a nap. Got up, ate dinner, etc., but at 11pm was woken again with very high glucose. My insertion set needed changing so I had to get up and get that all fixed. I seem to be finding that DKA sets in earlier these days and can't tolerate high glucose very long at all before the nausea and so forth sets in.

I'm much better this morning, of course, despite our continuing frigid weather which is not yet 8 degrees yet today.

Wally, it's great you're getting your walking again!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 this morning.

Temperature is 9 deg F at present which isn't very warm, but better than below zero.  We had light snow yesterday but visibility was terribly while snow was falling.

Glad to hear the big snowfall didn't materialize Barbara.  You probably are glad as well.

John - I realize there is a learning curve with any new system, but it seems that the G5 is presenting us with more than usual challenges.  Hope you are recovering quickly.  Take care.

Hubby and I are off to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra this afternoon.  Really excited to say the least.  :)))
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  I am reading about the cold temps a lot of you are experiencing and feel kind of guilty with daytime temps around the mid to high 60's and overnight lows not below freezing.  It does look like a chance of rain from 1/6 to 1/12.  Only a 20% chance but that is for every day between those dates.  Not going to be cold enough snow but some rain would be really nice.  After last winters abundant rain we have not had any rain since last February so we really need it.
Yeah, I had my last knee injection yesterday and it seems to be helping.  This treatment is supposed to last 6-12 months and then can be redone any time after 6 months as needed.  The injections were easy, quick and very little pain so if it works as planned it won't be any problem to do it again.
John and Kathy, you guys are sure having your problems.  Hope you can get it resolved.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this drizzly morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

So far big storm a no show.  It has been drizzling all day and the snow is melting. My garage is going to be flooded soon unless it freezes overnight, oh well...

rocky

@wally, Good news about your knees  ;D

89 last evening and a 103 fasting reading for today.