You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

266 this morning - must have another UTI; I'll get tested this week.

Selfies from a drone, SKB? I don't know, it's actually a lot harder to fly than you might imagine and I suspect I'd just look crazier than usual. Likely easier to get back to figuring out the land mass of Sri Lanka.

This snow makes me want to move south; perhaps New Zealand or Tasmania would be far enough.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

It was very windy here yesterday and wind gusts were as high as 45 mph.  Not a great day to be outside.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

105 (5.82) this morning.   ~tnk~  I'm often surprised at my fasting number but actually it's not that bad.  Of course we all would like to be below 100 but that just isn't always going to happen.  I have to remind myself that when I first started LCHF to try and control my bg and was able to stop using the sulfonylurea that my doctors had prescribed as the way to control diabetes,  my goal was to stay under 140 at all times and I was able to do that.  When I found out that I could do better than that even then I started to revise my goals down and set my max at 120 which has been quite easy for me to do.  So it's nice to see even lower numbers at times, I have to remind myself that I am staying well within what I consider the safe zone. 
Weather here is going to be quite nice for the next few days, sunny and near 60° (15.6°C).  A series of storms starting late Thursday and continuing foe 6-7 days are on the way.  There is even a chance of snow but we are on the border of the snow level so it may be just rain.  At least I hope so.
Major trouble at the Oroville Dam with damage to the main and  auxiliary spillways.  188,000 homes evacuated as a precaution, that has to be scary.  It looks like the situation is better this morning but the area is due for possibly 2 3/4 inch of rain in a couple of days so the situation is far from over.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

On other boards back in the day we had a member named Bountyman, and while I've not stayed in touch with him, I know he lives in Oroville . . . in fact, the last address I had on him was on Oro Dam Boulevard. Hope he's part of the evacuation.

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this clear cold morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

Looks like fairly good weather here until Sunday, the next predicted snow.

I bought some of the Green Giant riced veggies the other day.  The cauliflower and broccoli mix.  I was kind of disappointed in that it appears to have been made from the stalks of the veggies only and was somewhat "woody".  I'll try using it in a soup and see if it is better. I'm sad because it looked like a good idea.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I think Bounty lived in a trailer. I sure hope he is safe.
129 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

Latest reports from Oroville say that they have been able to lower the level of the lake far enough that they believe that the dam will be OK even with the oncoming storms.  It's looking better than it was but they are still enforcing the evacuation for now.  The emergency spillway had not been used since the dam was built and when it had to be used it failed.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

rocky

I had the same pre-dinner number (80) but a higher morning number 94 :-\
Could be anything. This is just one of the things that you cannot master. Could be that I was slightly late in checking or activity or maybe the sun is shining brighter today  `8)
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Quote from: skb on February 13, 2017, 08:58:01 PMI think Bounty lived in a trailer. I sure hope he is safe.
I think you're right.

Tamagno

166 this morning.

Just calculared yesterday that I'm getting 237 carbs a day on my feeding tube - no wonder my glucose is running high - that's five cans of glucerna a day! I'd been using higher basal rates but clearly not enough for that. Good grief.

I'm glad it looks like the Oroville people will be spared; that's got to be incredibly frightening.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 (5.3 this morning.  We have a beautiful sunrise today but the temperature is a little cool at 31 deg F (-1deg C).
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) this morning.  Yeah Rocky, fasting numbers can be kind of hard to figure out sometimes.  After yesterdays 105 I was 82 before lunch and last night before bed I was at 76 so today is thanks to the liver.   :)

We got up to 61° (16.1°C) yesterday and should be around the same today.  Rain is predicted to be 100% from late Thursday through next week.  Fortunately it looks like it will be too warm for snow here.  We can handle rain here with no problem.
While things have gotten less critical at Oroville there is still a chance for a problem but the threatened area has been evacuated and they are not letting people return for now.  If Bounty was in the threatened area I am sure he is on higher ground now.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this mostly clear morning, 88 4.88) at bedtime last night.

High today was 44°F (6.66°C) so still slowly melting.  Still have about 3" of snow on the ground, but the slow snow melt is very good.(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Last evening I clocked another low - 77 and boy, this morning 88.  ;D

I had an early supper and I guess that helped.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Rocky- I hate posting after you :)

125 today morning. Checked again after 30 minutes and 127 so looks like liver dump started. Blaming the small piece of valentine's day cake my husband got home.

Have a ligament tear in my foot so painful while walking. Hurt myself playing musical chairs and desperately trying to win :) I lost!