You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  Should be sunny today.  Last storm brought 1 1/2 inches of rain here and it was a good steady light rain.  So far the total for the month is 3 1/4 inches with another storm system due starting tonight  and going through Wednesday. 
@Tamagno, good news ! 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this cloudy morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

Rain in the forecast for the next few days. Not thrilled as my dirt road is already a big mud puddle.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

105 today morning, assisted by some extra vodka last night.

@ccd, all the very best for the pet's surgery. And have a great birthday celebration with your daughter.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Look I was 80/92 for Saturday / Sunday, and then I had a beer yesterday afternoon. Just one beer and I rose to 95/101 for today.  :o Gosh.

ccd, you are in my prayers and thoughts.
My life is based on a true story.

Vahit

Good Morning,

Yesterday I had a very strict lunch. I did not eat any breads or grains and no sugar with my tea. 2 hours after lunch I checked my blood sugar and I was at 186.
Today morning my number rose to 203 though I had a similar strict dinner. It should have been lower I think ? 

skb

Rocky, Beer pushes my numbers up as well. So I have to be careful with the timing and quantity. I usually avoid beer due to this reason.

Vahit, You will need to be patient.  You are just starting off on a journey, and these are your initial baby steps. First of all, you are starting off with 'full' glycogen stores in your liver. Your liver is going to be unpredictable for a few days. Carry this on for a week - 10 days and you will see numbers responding directly to your meals.

The morning fasting numbers are also very difficult to control because of something called the Dawn Phenomenon. A more detailed explanation is given here ;

http://www.diabetic.pub/The%20Dawn%20Phenomenon.htm
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

136 this morning.

CCD, With many blessings for your pet's surgery!

I woke up at 6:00am and could see the sun rising. A very cheerful beginning and am, of course, hopeful for an early spring.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

80 (4.43) this morning.  There is supposed to be a chance of rain today and tomorrow but so far it looks like the majority of it will be farther north.  There it is probably going to cause more problems with mud slides and flooding. 
Sunrise here is about 6:30 AM right now but I am surrounded by mountain peaks so it takes a bit longer for the sun to appear.  I will vote in favor for an early spring.
I have found that I can have one or even two light beers without seeing a significant rise in my bg.  I don't do it very often but enjoy one once in a while.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

114 today morning. Not bad considering I had dinner at a birthday party yesterday. Avoided the cake and the dessert but the rest of the meal had more carbs than i have at night.

Thanks for all your wishes. The surgery went fine. We are hoping that all the cancer is out. But we will know only after the lab results come and that could be a month or more. I almost made some instant noodles for a midnight snack but then snacked on some pan fried paneer, boiled egg and one toast. The toast could be avoided but a better choice than the 42.8 carbs Maggi packet.

I miss Maggi (instant noodles) so much. But then the weight loss is making me feel better. :)

bigskygal

76 (4.21) this drizzly morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

There was a light coating of new snow this morning which was soon melted off by the drizzle.  The ground is really saturated I'm trying to keep my garage from flooding by sweeping away the sitting water on the concrete pad.  The snow is slowly melting and the water coming down my driveway is what I am sweeping away. My garage is the lowest point in the whole neighborhood.  :(

I can get away with a low carb beer every once in a while. But not on a regular basis.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I don't think India has any low Carb beers  for now. With the low Carb movement gaining ground I'm sure they'll start making some, soon.

@ccd I was also 114 this morning. Hope you get good news about your pet soon.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Shanny, I'm taking 2 x 500 mg metformin. As suggested by you I will cut this is half starting 1st of March. Let us see what happens.

Vahit, Hang on pal. I started with a lot of jumpy readings in the beginning. It will all settle down sooner than later.

I am still reeling from the effects of that beer - 90/99 pre-meal yesterday and fasting today.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

108 today morning.

Dog doing well. Resting mostly and eating up the sauteed paneer in butter that i make for myself. I guess we have one more family member going LCHF :)

Gearing up for daughter's birthday. I should have a birthday cake with a mule and a crocodile on it. (As stubborn as a mule. Fake tears like a crocodile- sums her up pretty much) :)

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on February 20, 2017, 11:52:09 PM
Gearing up for daughter's birthday. I should have a birthday cake with a mule and a crocodile on it. (As stubborn as a mule. Fake tears like a crocodile- sums her up pretty much) :)

I guess it's going to be a chocolate cake.  :P 
I wonder if your daughter made a cake for you, what symbols would she use ?  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

193 this morning.

No big plans today, just quiet.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost